• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Five Nights at Freddy's

Skullheart Movie night presents:

Five nights at why the fuck does this series get a movie.

No offense but I'd rather take a movie directed by David Cage. At least Cage THINKS he puts effort into his movies.

Skullheart Movie night presents:

Five nights at why the fuck does this series get a movie.
That is what I have been wondering. This series does not warrant a movie form in any way. A lot of the atmosphere comes from the gameplay, the resource management, being in control of things, etc., which is something a movie can't replicate.
I'd love for Uwe Boll to direct it, personally.

tjv7.png

Alright, that's it, I'm fucking out.
What is this shit?!

If Uwe Boll directed it, the movie would take place in the middle of the city, the main character would probably be some kind of CIA agent with the phone guy as his superiors, all the animatronics would get shot to death in a procession of jumpscare ridden action scenes and Chica would be a human woman and would have sex with the main character.

So yeah, I'm down.

If Uwe Boll directed it, the movie would take place in the middle of the city, the main character would probably be some kind of CIA agent with the phone guy as his superiors, all the animatronics would get shot to death in a procession of jumpscare ridden action scenes and Chica would be a human woman and would have sex with the main character.

So yeah, I'm down.
I think you got that wrong, that sounds too much like Tommy Wiseau.

Is there shame in video game development anymore? There is no way this game is actually complete. Are we all just grunting apes constantly crapping out games for grunting apes now?

That is what I have been wondering. This series does not warrant a movie form in any way. A lot of the atmosphere comes from the gameplay, the resource management, being in control of things, etc., which is something a movie can't replicate.
Exactly the reason why FNAF 1 is my favorite is because it plays on your paranoia. Its simple and easy to pick up but what makes it scary is how well it plays on your paranoia. you know the jumpscare is coming you just don't know when.

Look at D4 for an example a game that was released the day it was announced and did horribly.

Not to defend this release, but D4's issue was more in it getting shit-all for marketing before the game launched, and FNaF4 did at least get that.

To be fair on the release though, if the game functions fine then the only real issue is that no one who isn't watching the website or Steam page won't know, and if Scott thinks that the sales drop won't matter, then he can release the game whenever the hell he wants (Assuming that it isn't broken of course, I haven't played it yet cause I'm a huge baby).

Just saw the ending and.....

Fredbear was the one responsible for the Bite of 87.

Reactions: aydensnake
Oh hai Fredbear.

Dumb.

It makes sense when you watch all of the little cutscenes between nights.

THE SIXTH NIGHT ENDING
JUST
NO
FUCK YOU SCOTT
FUCK YOU
NOT SPOILING ANYTHING
BUT FUCK
YOU

THE SIXTH NIGHT ENDING
JUST
NO
FUCK YOU SCOTT
FUCK YOU
NOT SPOILING ANYTHING
BUT FUCK
YOU

What. What happens. Spoiler tag it though.

Wow. The emotion in his face.
Mind you, I'd like to think this means the little kid was technically murdered by his dickhead brother and his dickhead friends.

Last edited:
Whether your theory is true or not, can you put this under a spoiler, thanks.
No, I was talking about that guy (uh, what's his name, Razzowski?) playing the game, not the game itself.
Why would anyone want to talk about the game? :PUN:
Oh, you mean that. Sorry.

I was gonna watch Markiplier play this like usual, but my friend decided to go and buy the game. On top of that, he challenged me to see who can beat the game first so I'm going to head over to his place tonight to play it.

And to make things slightly harder, the other guy won't be watching the one playing so we'll have to figure out everything on our own. This is also our first time playing a FNAF game, so this is gonna suck big time.

I might say, no one expected Fredbear being responsible to the bite of 87, I've seen people said Foxy did it. Well looks like somebody is eating their own words.

I might say, no one expected Fredbear being responsible to the bite of 87, I've seen people said Foxy did it. Well looks like somebody is eating their own words.

Well one theory I have is that wasn't the Bite of '87 but rather an earlier event that may have been swept under the rug somehow. I say this due to how the game implies that the kid might have become the Puppet considering that thing's constantly crying face and the mini-game in 3 involving the party which happened to have kids wearing the same kind of masks his brother and his dickwad bullying friends had on. Plus, that one chubby kid in one of the between chapter segments reminds me of BB.

Oh and then there's the Night 6 ending which kind of gives me the feeling that whatever that weird Fredbear doll was, may have brought the kid back as the ghost inhabiting the Puppet.

After watching the entire game online, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed.
I've never found the previous games scary, but I understand what they (specifically the first in the series) did to build up tension and atmosphere that made people scared of it. This game just doesn't have much...Substance, to it. Not much is explained gameplay-wise, it isn't very scary, it looks a bit boring, etc. In the previous games, the camera added a lot more to the gameplay. Here, the closest thing I can compare the gameplay to is the first game with the only camera online being Pirate's Cove with no electricity.
Another thing that bothers me; the sound cues are way too low to actually be a mechanic that contributes something.
I have to say, it does feel like it is unfinished, which, I suppose was to be expected, but it is still disappointing.

It reminds me of the bare essential gameplay of the first game: check the doors and keep an eye on foxy. IMO probably the least interesting game in the series.

Unless something changes in night 4 or 5 that I'm just missing it does feel very much like the MO for this game was "FNaF1 without cameras".

It limits the player's interactivity in exchange for more tension, which,
I respect as a goal but it didn't feel particularly necessary. The formula of the previous games stood well enough on it's own, I know it's a kinda unpopular stance to take but I think the previous games were plenty scary, trying to make it even more scary by limiting the gameplay part of the game feels, well, unnecessary.

It limits the player's interactivity in exchange for more tension
I've got to disagree with that.
I feel like the cameras were what created the tension in the games. Having to keep track of the animatronics, and the fear you feel when you lose sight of them, contributes really well to the atmosphere. Seeing them actually moving is really important.
In FNAF4, you've got no way of knowing they're coming for you. You just have to sit there, running back and forth, wondering what they're doing while you just wait there.

Let me rephrase that, it's designed to increase tension.

Whether it does or not is kinda subjective and up for debate, but it's designed with the concept of what you can't see being scarier than what you can see in mind

Well good news. Scott is going to increase the volume of the breathing. He has also said that you gotta wait a few seconds by the door to hear the breathing better.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/388090/announcements/detail/12532401659339087

I personally really like this one. Out of the 4, I would put this one either 1st or 2nd to the first game. I like this one for having a more closeups and only being able to see what your flashlight shines on..

Well, like it or not, he tries something different with the series in every installment and I respect that

Reactions: CountofBleck
Anything hidden?

Oh please no more...lord please no more.

One year of a highly defensive fanbase, many bad SFMs, and theories. I have trouble thinking that it's gonna end, but I'm sorta glad this chapter of gaming's come to an end. However, it makes me wonder what Scott Cawthon is gonna do, now...

One year of a highly defensive fanbase, many bad SFMs, and theories. I have trouble thinking that it's gonna end, but I'm sorta glad this chapter of gaming's come to an end. However, it makes me wonder what Scott Cawthon is gonna do, now...

To be fair, there were also good theories and fan works.

Overall, the series showed that that you can do a lot with very little, and also a good, if a bit cheap, way to manufacture tension on an industrial level, and how to tell an interesting and engaging story with maybe ten paragraphs of dialogue over the whole thing.

... Still no clue why the hell it's getting a movie, though.

... Still no clue why the hell it's getting a movie, though.
Oh god I forgot about the movie. I was extremely surprised about that, I mean, I know it's extremely popular, but I didn't think it warranted a movie.

Why FnaF gets a movie you might ask? Because
image.jpg

Better strike the iron while it's hot. It's a quick cash in nothing more.