• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua General Discussion

Also, yes, adding Fukua to consoles will require MS/Sony's approval. >__>
like, really?
I could understand is she was dlc, but I thought she'd just be put in one of the IGG character updates.
Can you explain how it actually works without breaching any NDA?

like, really?
I could understand is she was dlc, but I thought she'd just be put in one of the IGG character updates.
Can you explain how it actually works without breaching any NDA?
Well she would be part of a patch to put her and more than likely Eliza in there, and every patch requires approval anyways.

Well she would be part of a patch to put her and more than likely Eliza in there, and every patch requires approval anyways.
I remember that. But render made it seem as though each character, not each patch, required approval, which sounds weird to me. I'm tired maybe I'm just derping everywhere :/

So...Shamone is still gonna be voiced by Jaleel White ...right?
So glad someone else remembered. Also doesn't he just talk about hot dogs or something?

I remember that. But render made it seem as though each character, not each patch, required approval, which sounds weird to me. I'm tired maybe I'm just derping everywhere :/
Well every character has to be released in the form of a patch and an unlock code. This is to make sure that even those who did not purchase the character can still play against it in arcade and online.

If you make the patch an optional compatibility patch, then you risk pissing off every paying customer by not allowing their characters to be played against others who haven't paid or don't want to download the FREE COMPATIBILITY PATCH, and then you have Mortal Kombat 9.

Grr...

so can someone explain to me exactly what is fukua's strengths and what's her weakness?

even though i use her i feel inadequate in explaining my thoughts on the character so far but...

her strength seems to be controlling space just enough to have the advantage to jump in....basically controlling space...

but
her weakness is.......getting in?
she reminds me of xiaoyu from tekken in which she was good at controlling space but it seriously sucked to try and get in when you get out zoned by other people's moves.

Well every character has to be released in the form of a patch and an unlock code. This is to make sure that even those who did not purchase the character can still play against it in arcade and online.

If you make the patch an optional compatibility patch, then you risk pissing off every paying customer by not allowing their characters to be played against others who haven't paid or don't want to download the FREE COMPATIBILITY PATCH, and then you have Mortal Kombat 9.

Grr...
I think our convo desynched somewhere lol.
I was just confused about why Fukua possibly needed to be submitted separately (the impression I got from Render). Again, it's probably just my communication skills derping

I was just confused about why Fukua possibly needed to be submitted separately (the impression I got from Render). Again, it's probably just my communication skills derping
I believe that render was just saying that the patch she'll be in needs to be approved, lightly poking fun at how long patch approvals take, but i don't believe she will be in a patch all on her own, cause they said before she'll be with Eliza.

Well, if you consider this a lobby, then it makes perfect sense. :PUN:

Fukua is now Shadow from One Must Fall 2097.

Oh. My. God. <3

Need some gifs of the new stuff pls. You can't really expect me to wait 8 hours to see it.

Reactions: POS Industries
Same here, I need to see this new news.

Shadow is what it sounds like, send out a shadow that can't be hit and does Cilia Slide / s.HP / j.LP depending on which version you did.
Low is +20, Mid dunno, High +30 on block. If Fukua is hit at any point during startup or even after the shadow has come out, it disappears.

Super is an AA super that goes diagonal up.

I really think this whole shadow thing will be annoying as fuck to play against, since it's a low, a normal launcher and a overhead. At least they are less safe than Drill to cancel on block.

Didn't like the super, since it's options to DHC are few (Fenrir, Tricobezoar, Squigs lvl 3, Catheads, Hatred Install, ), and you can't combo after it, but the damage is ok for a lvl 1. More a combo-finishing type of super.

this sounds really dumb
Shadows have 30f+ obvious and vulnerable startup; there's no way for her to get a safe blockstring with them. They're less of a mixup and more of a pressure tool (jab jab, get pushblocked, xx shadow, go back in behind it) much like l.fiber (or her fireball..).

M.Shadow looks like a really good AA assist btw (haven't used it ever, just from.. well, it's Filia s.HP and you can't hit the shadows).

I was thinking of Fukua using those moves right after your opponent blocks an assist. How good is something like copter/hornet bomber -> shadow -> blockstring -> assist call -> shadow. and does being +20 or 30 affect your ability to just push block her away?(I actually don't know this)

It looks like a fun zoning tool.

This doesn't look like a zoning tool at all

Shadow? Is that a new move?

WHAT IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT? IT SOUNDS REALLY INTERESTING!

WHAT IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT? IT SOUNDS REALLY INTERESTING!

the news for Fukua.
" Skullgirls Patch Notes - 4/9

General
- Parasoul's speech bubble for Egret Call and Peacock's whistle speed bubble for SoID are now white in all palettes.

Skullgirls Beta Patch Notes - 4/9

Fukua
- All her voice lines are louder. Thanks Vinceley.
- Real startup frames for Inevitable Snuggle*, removed temp visual effect.
- BFFs is now QCB+KK / 214+KK.
- New special move Forever A Clone, QCB+K / 214+K. Projects a low, mid, or overhead shadow of Fukua forward. Special thanks to OMF2097 for the reasoning behind the decision that you can't hit the shadows.
- New super The Drill of my Dreams, QCT+KK / 236+KK.

This completes my original design for Fukua - the extra stuff that I didn't have time to do in 3 days.

Shameless plug - you all should play One Must Fall 2097, it's an amazing old fighting game. There are a ton of secrets and loads of single-player stuff to do, and it's very well designed. In fact, it was the inspiration for the Skullgirls infinite prevention system. And it's now freeware!

* What? But Mike, I thought you said "no new art"!
Well.
Skullmageddon (aka Karoon) volunteered to help out with some Fukua fixes, so this was the test. I'd say he (I assume it's a he) did okay! :^)
NO, THIS DOES NOT MEAN SHE IS GETTING [change you want to ask for]. Don't ask.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/1658756566272499912 "

@Mike Z What i noticed is that now with the new frames for Inevitable Snuggle, the yellow spark, it got removed?

Last edited:
Reactions: Uzumakihero
Awesome, good job

Love the new Fukua stuff. Also the animation start up for her Snuggle looks kinda smooth now.

Love that Fukua got all this new stuff added to her arsenal.

I really think this whole shadow thing will be annoying as fuck to play against, since it's a low, a normal launcher and a overhead. At least they are less safe than Drill to cancel on block.

Didn't like the super, since it's options to DHC are few (Fenrir, Tricobezoar, Squigs lvl 3, Catheads, Hatred Install, ), and you can't combo after it, but the damage is ok for a lvl 1. More a combo-finishing type of super.
I kinda see it as her answer to Fenrir. So the Supers that could follow AA Super are (and feel free to correct me on this):
  • Squigly- Lv3 or LKMK/MKHK Opera
  • Ms Fortune- Lv3
  • Peacock- Argus
  • Painwheel- Hatred Install, Death Crawl
  • Filia- Lv3, Fenrir, or Gregor
  • Bella- Dynamo
  • Val- N/A
  • Parasoul- Lv3, Sniper, or Bikes
  • Double- Catheads... Or Lv5
  • Big Band- SSJ
Fortune Lv3 and Argus have weird timing; you have to DHC after ~10 hits from AA. For Gregor/SSJ, you have to wait until the very last hit, since they don't whiff until either making contact or intersecting with their horizontal position; DHC'ing beforehand will cause them to intersect the X coordinate early, forcing the supers to whiff. Dynamo is a corner thing. Bikes is weird.

Last edited:
@Mike Z What i noticed is that now with the new frames for Inevitable Snuggle, the yellow spark, it got removed?
Did you actually read the patchnotes?.? It's right there .. "- Real startup frames for Inevitable Snuggle*, removed temp visual effect."

This doesn't look like a zoning tool at all
Actually M Shadow feels usable for that as it's very hard to avoid, as long as you got some kinda assist cover it should work out

Reactions: Wenzel
Did you actually read the patchnotes?.? It's right there .. "- Real startup frames for Inevitable Snuggle*, removed temp visual effect."

Actually M Shadow feels usable for that as it's very hard to avoid, as long as you got some kinda assist cover it should work out

Lol, thanks.

@RetroStation You forgot Painwheel. Hatred Install followed by a delayed Air H Buer Reaper connects, but I don't even know her basics to test a combo following of it. Death Crawl connects in the corner, too, but only for half duration.

@RetroStation You forgot Painwheel. Hatred Install followed by a delayed Air H Buer Reaper connects, but I don't even know her basics to test a combo following of it. Death Crawl connects in the corner, too, but only for half duration.
Whoops, completely forgot to put PW. Will edit.

Also, you can use The Drill of My Dreams xx Hatred Install > Buer Thresher. That's a fabulicious waste of meter (3, i think?) and deals ~5.9k.

I haven't read the thread, but why all her moves are love related?