• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Her Parasite is as Deadly as her Beauty - it's the Blood Goddess Eliza!!! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A true fan wouldn't have to be told.

brb gotta go make my "Official No. 1 Fan of Eliza (and Minette)" shirt.
tumblr_n23g3iC4Xz1qfwb05o1_500.gif

Reactions: Arcana
Someone should like.... do my gender bend Eliza (Elijah) :PUN:

Ha. It's neat how she uses her ankle to pull the scythe around. It still passes through her skirt, but she's Eliza, so she can actually do that I guess.

Call me slowpoke but today a just noticed that Eliza icon, maybe a dumb question but its the official? because i like it.

Call me slowpoke but today a just noticed that Eliza icon, maybe a dumb question but its the official? because i like it.
Judging by her very first official screenshot, it is.
index.php

Reactions: Woofly and Wenzel
I really really REALLY do not like that HUD art for her, though. I'd hope it's just placeholder.

I mean HER EYES AREN'T EVEN FACING THE PLAYER

I think that's just a placeholder

Yeah, I think its a provisional placeholder, but i like it, just change the looking of Eliza eyes and look into the player like the rest of the cast and would be fine.

Yeah, I think its a provisional placeholder, but i like it, just change the looking of Eliza eyes and look into the player like the rest of the cast and would be fine.

Or not.. she are Eliza, after all (I will not look peasants!) :PUN:

I really really REALLY do not like that HUD art for her, though. I'd hope it's just placeholder.

I mean HER EYES AREN'T EVEN FACING THE PLAYER

Man, Eliza don't look directly into a commoner's eyes; She's way too high class from doing that. That's why she has Albus and Horace, to beat you into a bloody pulp and force you to bow down to her.

her logo should be an upside down ankh, in my opinion.

also I wonder what that turnaround would be used for.

Man, Eliza don't look directly into a commoner's eyes; She's way too high class from doing that. That's why she has Albus and Horace, to beat you into a bloody pulp and force you to bow down to her.
but the player has more power than Eliza will ever have
they have the power to not download her, for example
then she has no power at all

her logo should be an upside down ankh, in my opinion.

also I wonder what that turnaround would be used for.

Why? She's actually wearing a huge ankh already.

Every character has a turn animation. It's used whenever the opponent changes sides. It's really quick and easy to miss.

Man she looks so great! And she actually looks like she could play like testament. But man, is it just me or does it seem like Eliza is coming around even slower than expected? I was hoping she would have a playable version by sometime around evo.... But judging by the looks of things she wont be beta playable till sometime in august at least, unless they speed this up... I mean shes got damn near nothing done weeks after her first idle animation was shown... This doesnt look great, imho. Does anyone have any info on when labzero expects a playable beta version of her?

Why would you get to play her before other people? Are you on the "in" crew? Is she more finished than what we've been lead to believe?

Ami being trolled... Lol sigh, look at that sekhmet go!
Pretty sure Cheese means in the beta, also Eliza seems to have a lot done on her already.

That doesnt help... Is what you are saying evidenced in this thread or behind closed doors? Why the attitude? im only asking questions.
She has a lot of her normals, dashes, entrance pose among other things.

Reactions: Dime
She has a lot of her normals, dashes, entrance pose among other things.
Thanks dude :)

Dime, see all this topic and you will see.. a lot of things are ready, and a lot of thing are ready and Lab 0 dont show (like their do with Big B... taunt us showing some moves and someday... BAM, a beta playable with a lot more!!!)

That doesnt help... Is what you are saying evidenced in this thread or behind closed doors? Why the attitude? im only asking questions.
I've been maintaining this archive for a reason... :3

And bearing in mind the palette arrangement stream showed tons of new stuff (as in, things we didn't see being worked on stream), there might be a lot more done than we think.

I can't wait for my new training dummy, either.

You're way out of the loop dude.
No need to be snarky. A helpful response is far more appreciated than lording over someone for no reason.
I wonder when she would be in the beta tho, I wanna start learning my queen so I can play Deadly Divas.
Honestly I really hope they don't put her in the beta for a while. She's been shown to have loads of her animations actually roughed out now, so all it would take is Mike applying them into the game ("All it would take" he says) and she'd be very playable by the looks of it. However, I would really like if Big Band was left to sit in the retail for a while without people already migrating to Eliza.

I'd like if they wait to deploy Beta Eliza at least until Fukua is on consoles, which Ravidrath hopes would be in a few weeks.

Why? She's actually wearing a huge ankh already.

Every character has a turn animation. It's used whenever the opponent changes sides. It's really quick and easy to miss.
I never noticed, I always thought they just flipped in a single frame.
upside-down ankh as a silly parallel to parasoul's cross

Maybe but Eliza's symbol being an upright ahnk makes more sense for her, considering she has essentially eternal life and that's what the symbol means while it's upright and normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: agent13
upside-down ankh as a silly parallel to parasoul's cross
The only reason her symbol is an upside down cross is because she wears a necklace with that shape. Doesn't really make much sense for Eliza's ankh to be upside down since all her ankh symbolism is right side up.

Some food for thought.
Originally, I thought the gif Eliza's s.mk was captured incorrectly, however thanks to Lab 0 actually releasing the gif.
Qu9mKDE.gif

We can actually see that it's optional to add on another hit, taking in another theory from another member, Eliza would be able to set her own blood if she so pleases, considering we don't have a proper disappearing animation for the snake bits and it's an attack where you have to tap the button again, I think it might be true, so it could be used to set up mines or extend a combo ala Parasoul's napalm shots or Fortune's head.

Potentially, if you leave an Eliza long enough to actually preform this move, she could set up on you.

Reactions: blufang and ruins72
Hmm that could change Mistress Eliza's game play style entirely. The ability to use her blood to counter opponents, summoning servants, and to personally set up her own blood traps. This could complex and nasty if used correctly. The only way I can say to counteract this possible new ability would be that if she does the second hit of MK. that it would inflect red damage onto herself, kinda a give and take, aye?

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Maybe this is a compromise to get around the "get hit and bleed = m rating" thing. She can hurt herself, but in return gets blood normals.

Oh, she's going to be a frame trap character i'm going to have loads of fun with her

Maybe this is a compromise to get around the "get hit and bleed = m rating" thing. She can hurt herself, but in return gets blood normals.

I think LZ will stick to the katsup blood blobs, heck they don't even look like blood, more like red melted ice cream.

I think LZ will stick to the katsup blood blobs, heck they don't even look like blood, more like red melted ice cream.

That's a possibility but I would think he'll try to refine it a little more than that for the final version of the game, probably making them flat little pools on the ground rather than standing orbs. I am still hoping for something similar to A.B.A's blood packs to allow you to go into a super hard rush down mode at the cost of slowly degrading HP, which could set up blood on the field while you're using the steroid move possibly?

Status
Not open for further replies.