• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hyrule Warriors [Name Now Final] - A Collaboration Between Nintendo and Tecmo Koei for Wii U

Everyone's favorite N64 manwhore is back
120px-Poecollector.png

how much you wanna bet he still wants Link's body to become a male prostitute?

Wow, Scarf Link might be my favorite design for him ever...(I'm a sucker for scarves.)

gee i wonder what that could ever coincide with

Reactions: DDB
Shia and Wizro are NPCs? Jeez, KOEI...you had one job. -_-"

Seems like they're already setting up a expansion. With games of this genre, the Japanese audience ALWAYS get suckered into buying the game twice. Don't see this being any different.
Anyway, here's hoping for a Hōjō clan guest character.:PUN:

It doesn't say they're NPCs. I don't think they're NPCs at all. They're too interesting to not be playable.

Where does it say they're just NPCs?

Where does it say they're just NPCs?
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/character.html

Player Character / Enemy is the genre's official nomenclature. Enemy or Enemy General is always used to describe NPCs. To give the Sengoku Basara example, the latest game has among the Enemy General ranks, characters that have been playable at some point in the series.
Nothing to say they can't be playable in the Western version (it has happened before) but also notice how Shia's screenshots are all from cutscenes, there's no combat screenshots of her. This is both a curse and a blessing; it's bad because you have less characters but it's good because each character will be considerably more distinct than your average Musou title. This is always the case with KOEI's licensed Musou games, smaller rosters in a game that is clearly more polished than their main series. Just compare Hokuto Musou and Kaizoku Musou with the Dynasty and Samurai series.

Scarves are the coolest thing ever.
Especially red scarves.
If a person has a red scarf they're a fucking hero.

gee i wonder what that could ever coincide with
:PUN:

Until proven otherwise, you should consider all of them NPCs because that is how Shia, Wizro and Valga have been presented.
Take this advice from someone with very extensive experience at being disappointed with the genre in terms of character reveals - hope they are confirmed playable but don't expect them to.

Reactions: Jutsei
I can't say that I'm a huge fan of the villain so far.

She kind of seems at this point like the very generic sexually open bad girl.
And you can tell how evil and immoral she is because she likes sex.

And her character design looks like those ads you get everywhere for things like Evony Online,
where they try to entice teenage heterosexual boys with the boobs and the booby armor,
andthentheactualgameislikeastrategicrpgorsomethingbutthat'snotreallyrelevanttothiscomparison.

I'm hoping the actual game will prove me wrong, but that's just my impression as is.

I can't say that I'm a huge fan of the villain so far.

She kind of seems at this point like the very generic sexually open bad girl.
And you can tell how evil and immoral she is because she likes sex.

/me looks at Valentine

I don't like how the internet is reacting like this is Dragon's Crown.

Like, it's boobs. She's a seductress. It's her character.

On Zelda? Impa? Yeah, that'd be bad. But it fits her character. It's not "unneeded sexuality", it makes sense in the context of her wanting to seduce Link.

/me looks at Valentine

But Valentine is more than that.
Yeah, she's sexually open, I literally cannot argue that she's not.
But she also has a lot of serious moments, she has a lot of violent moments, she has a lot of non-sexual curiosity moments, and she has a motivation that's doesn't surround her sexuality.
Like it's more of a facet, however large a facet, of her personality and not her entire character.

I don't like how the internet is reacting like this is Dragon's Crown.

Like, it's boobs. She's a seductress. It's her character.

On Zelda? Impa? Yeah, that'd be bad. But it fits her character. It's not "unneeded sexuality", it makes sense in the context of her wanting to seduce Link.

I get it.
And I'm not saying it's terrible, I get that, y'know, sexually open people do exist.
I'm just really tired of that type of character, and so I personally don't like it.
If they expand more on her more and give her something than sexuality and boobs, maybe I'll get into it.
But for right now she seems really,
one note.
And it's a note I've heard so, so, so many times before.

han sexuality and boobs, maybe I'll get into it.
But for right now she seems really,
one note.
And it's a note I've heard so, so, so many times before.
it's way too early to tell with just a design reveal though.

it's way too early to tell with just a design reveal though.

I'm mostly referring to the character profile thing up there.
That thing that GoodBye18000 posted.
The fuc-
The thing.

How about she's openly sexual, but really bad at it?

Like when Link finally confronts her she's like:

"Ah, yes, you've finally made it, Link. You want to end it, don't you? Stop the madness? Yes...

...Flowers? I have a bouquet right here.

...no? Okay. Soon Link, I will gain dominance. There will be no one left to defeat me. I'll get everything in the world, and more...

...Also if you want to rest there's a two-person couch right there. Some chocolates are on the side table, we could share if you like.

...no? You sure? *Ahem* Where was I? Oh yeah, world domination."

Reactions: YoYoCheese
Wizuro is the only reason i even care about this.

How about she's openly sexual, but really bad at it?

Like when Link finally confronts her she's like:

"Ah, yes, you've finally made it, Link. You want to end it, don't you? Stop the madness? Yes...

...Flowers? I have a bouquet right here.

...no? Okay. Soon Link, I will gain dominance. There will be no one left to defeat me. I'll get everything in the world, and more...

...Also if you want to rest there's a two-person couch right there. Some chocolates are on the side table, we could share if you like.

...no? You sure? *Ahem* Where was I? Oh yeah, world domination."
I DEMAND Moe Cia. The best characters are always the most moe.

I'm mostly referring to the character profile thing up there.
That thing that GoodBye18000 posted.
The fuc-
The thing.
What are you talking about?
  • Link - Soldier of the Hyrule Royal Army, triforce of courage, yada yada yada. Gameplay speculation, he's a speedster and uses multiple weapons.
  • Impa - Redesigned to be a younger person as opposed to her elder self from OoT. Commanding officer, big freaking sword so I guess she's no longer a ninja. Emphasis on footsies and precise swordsmanship.
  • Cia - Evil, wants the world and the guy. They took the time to emphasize that she is provocative and has an aggressive personality, possibly in relation to her becoming evil...yeah
  • Wizro - A magic ring that has been empowered over centuries and further strengthened by Shia. May be a turncout if someone stronger comes along. Walking Touhou dispenser.
  • CainValga - Lance user and loyal to Shia, faces you on the battlefield like a true warrior and has a fiery personality.
I can see what you mean. For me it's not necessarily Cia's design that is off-putting, but how little they are telling us about her personality or gameplay relative to other characters. Her only defining traits right now are her attire and the fact that she wants to rule the world and get with link because she's "evil".

well it's not like you can go in depth in the reveal information

I mostly want to know how Cia is gonna conduct herself in battle more than anything (because I want her to be playable goddammit)

Last edited:
Reactions: Goodbye18000
well it's not like you can go in depth in the reveal information

I mostly want to know how Cia is gonna conduct herself in battle more than anything (because I want her to be playable goddammit)
It's not that there isn't a wealth of information about her, it's that every other character in that bio has some indication of their play style which feeds into the picture they are painting for their personalities. Cia is being presented as a generic villain with generic motivations as opposed to say Valga who is a generic fallen warrior who also wields a spear. She's our main antagonist and she's gotten less attention than the freaking wizard formed from a cursed ring.

Edit: Just for clarification, Cia's lack of detail isn't that big of a deal to me. It's just something that stands out to me.

Last edited:
Fair enough
I would imagine that they might have some more surprises in store in regards to her, but it's really not that big a deal
I just wanna play as her
and look at her
and have my head crushed between her legs- I mean uh er um
no actually that's pretty accurate

Dark Skin: Check

Dark Magic: Check

Corrupted by Darkness: Check

My reasons for playing Shia are finished.

Last edited:
Playable Hero's Shade please
I wanna murder people as OoT Link: Spooky Scary Skeleton Edition

It's not that there isn't a wealth of information about her, it's that every other character in that bio has some indication of their play style which feeds into the picture they are painting for their personalities.
There's no info about Shia's playstyle because she's not playable.:PUN:

But NPC Shia is Zelda Musou's loss. :3
c5e.jpg

Also betting on her not being the main antagonist. Wizro's bio pretty much implies it.

I dunno, Eiji Aonuma said himself there's so many characters playable in Hyrule Warriors that HIS team would get mad if he asked for them to do that lol.
I'd say there's a good chance she's playable.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record: the official site places her, Wizro and Not!Lu Bu in a place named "Enemy", separated from "Player Character" and furthermore, all the screenshots for these characters are from that perspective, while Link and Impa have screenshots of them fighting enemies.
The only thing that can happen, which I doubt it very much, is a upcoming update being all like "They're actually playable! Ta-dah!" but such a thing has no precedent in the genre. Character places are set in stone...until the expansion comes, of course.
And again, remember KOEI's other licensed Musou games. Hokuto Musou only had 8 PCs (+2 DLC ones) and Kaizoku Musou, 13 PCs. A monumental difference from the Dynasty and Samurai games that easily boast rosters of 40+ PCs.

tl;dr - there's more evidence of her being NPC than PC. Cautious enthusiasm advised.

There's no info about Shia's playstyle because she's not playable.:PUN:

I'm pretty sure that the Wizro and Lance guy are in the same category as Cia. So what I gather from that is that all three are not playable but only two had their gameplay was significant enough to mention. And for someone the game is hyping up as the main villain (whether that is true or not non-withstanding) she's gotten less info than the other two released characters bios.