• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Kamen Rider +maybe weekly Drive updates

fair enough, I just thought I would get your opinions of meteor if you had already seen before I need to ask your opinions of him come a later episode in the kamen rider fourze.

And yes Bruce lee noises and kamen rider together are brilliant. I think it's meant to be a homage to Super 1 being a martial artist.

Pics as promised, enjoy:

s8i4wh8z.jpg
lbj3dtv7.jpg
puynqcq2.jpg
bthisv2i.jpg
4i5xq2pk.jpg
ogxx4ypy.jpg
utsrzyrb.jpg
ly9z85rj.jpg
jy3tbcyw.jpg
qe7jtonx.jpg
xk9l6ej4.jpg
jsbawwcv.jpg
pkvd9mvp.jpg
bpazuozd.jpg

Those are some really nice looking figures, also should have expected you would some images with Godzilla as well.

Speaking on toys and figures, apparently from what I have looked up, Hibiki was the worst Kamen rider series when it came to selling toys.

well. He doesn't really have much for the kids to play with as far as I remember. I think hibiki was more receptive to older audiences anyway.

If only they had made a guitar hero/rock band thing for Kamen Rider Hibiki, then it probably would have been better selling.

eh, I kinda like the idea of oni riders treating each other like family more than I do the idea of a traveling band that are also riders.

Fair enough, although I haven't watched through that so I don't know everything that actually goes on.

Also I am around forty episode into Kamen rider Kabuto and for me I do enjoy it but I do feel there are quite a bit of problems with it.

So guys, how do you think Kamen Rider Drive will look like? I've found some fanart that looks pretty good:

10443760_542738579169830_1407342729_n.jpg

The driver is a shift gear, the helmet is inspired by racing helmets and the body features wheels and racing stripes.

I would be okay if he would look like this, if cars or racing in general really is the theme of Drive.

I still would love Drive to be a word for his motivation.

Imagine a green lantern like rider. his powers running on pure willpower alone!

Like I said, even if you don't like Wizard, you gotta love Beast.

I like both of them. But the series feels like a stretch so far, plot hasnt really advanced in the 17 episodes I've watched. Its just... Gate gets attacked, Gate gets rescued, Phantom is killed, end. Some gates are interesting, most of them not, although I like Haruto and the gang, they do get a good laugh out of me most of the time.

But compared to the progress Gaim made in 13 episodes alone, I get kind of bored with Wizard. Good thing Beast is here now, he might get me going for a few more episodes.

And one other thing:
I bet my ass that the white Wizard and "Wiseman" are one and the same. Thats so obvious.

I meant Wizard the series. not the actual character.

I have just been skimming through the Kamen rider wiki and apparently the kicking and strength of the majority of the riders is on there, just saying to this because most seem like that would be the legit amount but I would be interested in whether it was stuff they work out themselves or whether there are like official stuff when they put in these details.

Also a question I have been meaning to ask for a while.
kamen+rider+diend.jpg

How does Diend see with those bars in front of his visor?

You have a point of decade's as well, I just bought Diend because his face lines seemed sillier than Decades.

I think we can conclude that there are quite a few characters in Kamen rider whose headgear whilst cool looking are highly impractical in terms of how they should be able to see things.

Baron must have some limited vision as well.
I've watched a few behind the scenes and they talked about the visors. When the camera does a close up they wear a visor that has extremely limited vision for example Decade's can only see through the middle black line. But when it's far away shots the green eye pieces are swapped for ones that can see through for stunts. So nearly all the helmets have switchable visors or pieces for better vision X3

I've watched a few behind the scenes and they talked about the visors. When the camera does a close up they wear a visor that has extremely limited vision for example Decade's can only see through the middle black line. But when it's far away shots the green eye pieces are swapped for ones that can see through for stunts. So nearly all the helmets have switchable visors or pieces for better vision X3

Thats really interesting to know, thanks!

But it makes sense, limited vision during stunts is no joke.

So they have different visors for different scenarios, that is pretty cool. Also the more you know.

Naw, man. Baron's vision is fine. he's wearing shutter glasses for a visor.

tumblr_n6fxwmPsCi1rojf6ko1_500.png

guaranteed hater-blockers

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Think of shutter glasses over the striped visor... blind banana!

Okay I am now done with Kabuto and while I did enjoy it there are some thing which have left it feeling like a mixed bag compared to the other rider series with such things as character forgetting their main ability later in the series, one of my favourite riders being useless to the plot and the main rider being too perfect.

I might write my thoughts but now I would prefer to move onto something, roll onto Amazon.

honestly, I always feel like kabuto has great action and stories, but the character department is lacking. Like, I'd rather have a main rider who gives me no reason to hate him over a rider that is written as perfect. Eiji>Tendou in this case.

Last edited:
oh Kabuto has great stories with Tsurugi's arc, Hiyori's back story, Kagami path to becoming a hero. It is really good in some stories, however as said some characters aren't that great Cough Souji Cough, for me my favourite character was Tsurugi Kamishiro. Also Kabuto has some of my favourite rider designs by far.

the rider designs in kabuto are amazing. My favorites are sasword, punch/kick hopper, and drake.

I don't think it has been brought up yet but something to bring up when watching the heisei era and a means of paying my respects to a certain individual.

Takaiwa_Seiji.png

This man right here Takaiwa Seiji, who is he, he has played 13 out of the 15 riders of the heisei era as the suit actor, which means he has been in over 500 episodes of kamen rider along with multiple movies performing so many action scenes and badassery. It's cool being the face of the rider but to do all the badass stunts, fighting and to appear in the majority of the rider series. He is truly amazing.
tumblr_inline_mvo8upuaIj1rl7ea0.png

the suit actors of tokusatsu deserve mad respect. whenever I hear about a show coming out that uses mocap cg animations I'm like "you better have used suit actors or you might as well not made the show at all!"

speaking of, watch super hero taihen. it's amazing. you don't have to watch the shows in order to enjoy taihen.

Suit actors are indeed awesome, there are probably more that need more mad respect but Takaiwa Seiji came to mind first due to him being over a dozen main riders. Just thinking for a bit, how many suit actors are needed when they perform huge crossovers like in the Super sentai and Kamen rider crossover.

Reactions: SanoBaron
Stinks there is no Gaim this week.

Suit actors are indeed awesome, there are probably more that need more mad respect but Takaiwa Seiji came to mind first due to him being over a dozen main riders. Just thinking for a bit, how many suit actors are needed when they perform huge crossovers like in the Super sentai and Kamen rider crossover.
a metric fuck ton if it's sentai.
gokai22a.jpg

but those are probably just extras and anyone they can find who can do the poses for the characters.

for Kamen Rider it's however many the need for whoever is on screen. like, Let's Go Kamen Riders it had EVERY non-main rider in there. so, take out all the main riders, and imagine how many suits you'd need for all the side riders from OOO backwards. villain riders included.

That would probably be close to around 200 sentai at this point, given how many super sentai series there have been.

At the current moment, Amazon is going well at the moment unfortunately not much has happened since I am only 3 episodes in. Strange that the shortest series is the series I am going through the slowest.

Amazon picks up once the mole beastman appears. it just skyrockets in quality once we get more awesome fights.