• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Kamen Rider +maybe weekly Drive updates

Also Worf, I feel you should know this since Takatora is your favorite character.

his actor, Yuki Kobata, had a birthday just this Sunday. he is now 33.
tumblr_n75z05oKaK1qbbpyfo3_500.jpg

tumblr_n75z05oKaK1qbbpyfo1_500.jpg

Reactions: Cybermanworf
And a late happy birthday to him. For note my other favourite actors are in Kamen rider rider are Renn Kiriyama, Shotaro's actor from Double. Ryosuke Miura Ankh's actor from OOO. Yusuke Yamamoto aka Tsurugi's actor from Kabuto and my favourite actress so far is Yuria Haga aka Mari Sonoda from Faiz.

Also here is hoping to that Kamen rider Drive doesn't become the black sheep of the Neo Heisei era, along with Amazon and Hibiki although I feel reception towards them has gotten better over the years.

Great news everybody! Seems like Gaim wont be as short after all!

Writer Gen Urobuchi twittert that he is still writing episodes for Gaim, and is now nearly at the climax. Tokusatsu Network said that theres usually 8 Episodes between airing an filming. With episode 34 ahead, thats about 42, and if Urobuchi is still writing that means we will get at least to the late 40's with Gaim! Hype!

that image pretty much says "so... how would you like your ass whoopin' today?"

kiwami arms, have your ass whoopin' your way.

The adventure of the slowest progression of a kamen rider series continues. Despite the fact I have only gone through 6 episodes so far I am still enjoying, the fights are more close and personal and more animal like with how the fighting works, the bloodyness tends to reinforce that.

The characters have been great, Amazon has gone through some problems that really make you feel for him, Masahiko has been quite competent despite what I would have been expecting from him given his character and has served well as Amazon's friends, The sister has finally warmed up to Amazon and Tachibana is great as a mentor character.

Ten faced demon still weird and temperamental as always with his forces of kaiju of weird noises. Also Mole beastman is cool.

Wait have you seen the episode @Cyberbeta, has the episode been subbed yet?

Not that I know, but raw footage is up as always and you can tell a lot by just looking at it without understanding what they say.

Ah man, well it only got released today so it would be silly to expect the full subs by today, but I really want to watch another episode of gaim, that week without an episode makes me want this episode even more since Kiwami arms is awesome, the development of characters is great and micchy's plan seem to be failing is even better.

I have watched the raw footage, Cyberbeta is right, seems like Kouta will find out the truth next week.

Yeah, I watch the RAW footage for Gaim, then again with the subs to get what I missed. Also someone in another forum I go to translated a phrase on screen during the preview at the end. it says Kohta vs. Mitchy so they will fight with Kohta knowing who he is fighting now.

Well that is good for more confirmation of what is going on and seems to be the biggest thing we can talk about given that the subbed episode isn't out yet.

Observation: Gentarou Kisaragi from fourze would not fit well in Gaim given all the betrayal and conflict between friends and allies, either that or he would end up the force that unites everyone together, even Micchy.

I think all the riders should stay separated and only team up if they need to.

THIS WEEK! IN GAIM!

-shit's still pretty bad in Zawame!
-Don't question Oren's love! NEVER!
-Yoko might have an answer but Kaito tell his baby gurl they won't believe her
-Kaito and Yoko laying down the double verbal smackdown all over Micchy's face!
-Redyue does machines!
-IT'S GEDDON ALL OVER AGAIN! IT'S GEDDON ALL OVER AGAAAAAIN!
-Zack, Oren and Jounichi all having a gay ol' time! like the Flintstones that not a joke about Oren
-Redyue: teehee! come and get me world!
-Akira Kazuraba is brave and doesn't afraid of anything!
-Roshue: fuck yo missiles!
-yep. mm-hmm. it's finally happened. Micchy is just crazy.
-and we finally learn how Zack holds things as knuckle!
bullshit knuckle.png

oh now that's bullshit and I ain't even mad. in fact, I find this super hilarious.

all in all, what an AMAZING episode. plenty of setup and rules just changing more than anything. I literally had to stop the video a few times to comprehend what happened a couple times. especially during that missile scene.

Next week: KOUTA AND MICCHY GET PUSHED FOR SUMMER SLAM!

Until then

DON'T SAY NO! JUST LIVE MORE!

k4seqgcl.jpg
<GAIM'S BACK?!)

Awesome episode, exactly why I love Gaim so much: Comedy, action and a good addition to the plot. Cant wait for the next episode. And hey, Bandai/Tamashii.. please announce the FiguArts Kiwami soon. I'm literally buying all the Gaim Figuarts I can get now and it would be awesome to make the display complete with Kiwami in front of it. The design has really grown to me since its reveal.

Also, what would you know, thats me at work right there:

53tdlr6f.jpg

The only difference is I'm not an overlord (yet) and our office isnt blotched with plantlife. But the desk itself is pretty damn accurate :D

You know, I give this guy a lot of credit as an actor. Making a 360° like that, from a seemingly true best friend to a total psycho? Thats really hard. Would you have tould me he would become evil during the first 10 episodes, I wouldnt have believed you. He plays it so well, and everyone was totally freaked out about him laughing like a maniac.

As much as I hate the character, I like the actor even more. Playing a role that you can really hate is harder than it sounds. For me personally, villians are always more interesting than heroes, because good villians have a reason to be bad. Most heroes only exist because of the villians challenging them, thats their only reason to fight. But villians? Villians always have a story, otherwise they dont work. Megatron from the Transformers is one of my favorite examples for a good villian that is so evil and nasty, but has a backstory that most of the people can relate to.

And with Micchy, we can see how he changed. I'm very eager to find out how Micchy will react next week.

I definitely like it when a villain is written as someone you can hate, but hate for all the right reasons.

I'm tired of shows where we get the "please hate this character" like rolo from code geass or whatever. we had no reason to hate Micchy but I've grown to hate him for the right reasons, and from the most recent episode, I downright pity him. everything is crashing around him and he's gone mad from trying to keep it together. I love Micchy as a villain

also, i love how we keep getting tastes of Roshue's strength, and done in ways that give me weird feelings. like, I never felt bad for Sid's death, but at the same time, I felt SOMETHING. I just can't really explain what.

and that missile scene. I would have loved it if everything was silent. no sound, every little bit of ambiance is amplified, that would have been the sprinkles on the icing on the cake. I still love that scene.

We give Micchy the character so much crap for being such a backstabbing asshat, I know I do, but all the credit for goes into the actor and writing and that fact he has pulled that off this well is really good on his part. Congratulations Urobochi, you made a villain I hate yet I actually want to see what he does, good job to you and the actor.

Reactions: SanoBaron
The cakeboss in Sano's avatar pic was more fun to watch IMO as he knew more of what was going on but played the longer game to see what would happen rather than forcefully try to influence it as much as Mitchy has tried to do.

yeah, but, Kougami and Micchy are completely different characters.

that's like comparing Philip to Kaito.

I am wondering if they will debut Kamen rider Drive in the last couple of episodes of Gaim like they did in wizard, well only just wondering since the more episodes Gaim has for itself the better just as long as it doesn't mean anything has to be rushed or anything like that.

I'm hoping they gave him a sneak peak in the gaim soccer movie, but I havent seen any pics.

maybe he'll get a cameo somewhere or he might not get one at all.

Any particular vehicle you guys think drive will be, or will having different forms of transport be his unique forms like Motorbike form or truck form or jet form.

You know on second thought I want that to be the idea of Drive.

I still want to believe 'Drive" is going to refer to willpower.

Imagine, in order to use his rider kick, he has to pump himself up so much that he almost has to bust an artery just to achieve the power to do so.

Kamen Rider Drive, his one weakness, tiredness.

mqdefault.jpg

"finally! we will destroy Drive once and for all! with this chamomile tea, he will be powerless to stop us!

Kamen rider Drive powered by energy drinks and determination, he will crush all with his enduring spirit. His rival will be Kamen rider zen, who practices Yoga and has the ability to slow things down around him, he fights calmly and focused compared to the always running always determined drive.

He will have a Motorcycle or an ATV (Kabuto) for his vehicle and most likely his Hensin device will be the Drive Gear, going back to the days of Fais when it was called the Faiz/Kaixa/Delta Gear instead of Faiz/Kaixa/Delta Driver.

As for his power source I'm going Technological over Mystical or Organic.

Kamen rider Drive powered by energy drinks and determination, he will crush all with his enduring spirit. His rival will be Kamen rider zen, who practices Yoga and has the ability to slow things down around him, he fights calmly and focused compared to the always running always determined drive.

This makes me think of the Sommellier Rider Kamen Rider G

Yes he is using a custom Wine vintage in his driver.

Last edited:
I still want it to be his willpower or his 'drive' to win that gives him his power.

Going to a point that was gone over previously with the numbering of the riders, if starting from decade who would be one and going from him to all the others up to Gaim, which would be six, how do you think the number seven will be fitted into Drive?

Holy crap I only just noticed this, which I feel bad since I really like Ryuki.

The actor who plays Bandou in Gaim is also the person who played Goro in Kamen rider Ryuki, how have I only just noticed this.

I knew he was a veteran actor, I just didn't think it was something that was necessary to talk about

Yutaka kobayashi, Kaito Kumon, once went out for the role of Captain Marvelous for the sentai anniversary series, Gokaiger.

unfortunately he wasn't given the role but godamn I really love Yutaka as an actor.

I also want to eat his pastries. I bet they're fucking amazing.

Well I really like Bandou in this but I was never able to work out why I thought that I had remembered him from somewhere until I looked back at some Ryuki episodes and made the connection, now I like bandou even more.

I love how Woolie is so into W, but I feel he's gonna be one of those fair-weather fans who will hate on all other rider series solely because they aren't W.

at least Liam really wants to watch Kamen Rider Gaim.

Woolie would probably end up liking fourze, there are quite a few similarities to it in my opinion.