• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Kamen Rider +maybe weekly Drive updates

Promo episode was nice, not great but still entertaining.

Kamen Rider Mars looks sick though, I hope the movie will be up with subtitles sometime.

Next week Ryouma/Duke returns, what's he planning?

Just a question @Sanoblaze, When classifying rider series which would classify as what is normally considered kamen rider and what is more different to what kamen rider, eg Ryuki would be a more atypical kamen rider series.

well, I would say series like Den-O or Ryuki are probably the only Rider shows that go against the grain on what makes a rider show.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Fair enough, Also I am a couple of episodes into Blade at the moment, loving the opening theme, too good.

Also my friend really enjoyed watching W and is really glad for having watched it, also even though I need it was coming, the moment in episode 48, you know which one I am talking about, still makes me teary eyed.

Reactions: SanoBaron
Episode 48 of W is the most well written scene ever!

you can watch it, knowing, KNOWING, exactly whats gonna happen, and at the end you're still gonna turn into a huge blubbering baby at the end.

such a beautifully handled episode, and the main reason why death spoilers don't bother me.

even if the show tells you someone is gonna die, it all depends on that delivery.

I fucking LOVE episode 48.

Whats interesting is that the Sister in the Final W episode that Shotaro is hired to find turns around and plays Ahim de Famille a.k.a. Gokai Pink not long after in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.

That's a cool bit of trivia, like today after skimming through the kamen rider wiki I found that the guy who played Kamen rider V3 was also the first red, whatever the equivalent to ranger is, ranger in the first super sentai.

Also speaking of Den-o and Ryuki they both have the same writer, who also went on to write Kamen rider ooo.

wait, was Takatora in the Stinger for the next episode?

o0o

wait, was Takatora in the Stinger for the next episode?

o0o

Just a hallucination from Micchy.

Kamen Rider Mars looks awesome by the way:

I know it will never happen, but I want a FiguArt of this design, it looks so sweet. His chant is majestic as fuck also.

Mars is pretty cool.

I love how a lot of the apple armor is the bunny ears.

very nice detail.

Goddamn mars looks super cool.

Also I am really bad at plans. "Hey lets watch blade, its gettin interesting now, okay" Watches up to episode twenty of Den-o. "Damn I am bad at following plans"

Speaking I am still enjoying Den-o, Sakurai's a jerk though.

Also @Detective Q, how is Kamen rider wizard going at the moment for you?

Finished episode 33 a few weeks ago, haven’t watched further since. I remember Nito blowing himself up while trying to cook, was pretty funny.

Infinity style looks pretty good, but cant reach Kiwami. Beast Hyper is alright, but something is still missing on him. The gun is cool, but the grape dragon-gun from Gaim alone is better. And even that thing gets beaten by the DJ-Gun, go figure Beast.

I like Infinity, it's one of the few thing I like about Wizard in general although haruto's outfits have been really good, they such personality in their design, far more than haruto ever shows.

Infinity being based off a diamond is pretty smart design wise since haruto obtains his power through rings, which would make infinity ring, a diamond ring. Also having super defense is a good final ability and not one i have seen much of so far, although there are probably some riders which are better in defense skills. Although Kiwami arms is definitely superior to Infinity in design. Okay one more thing good thing about Infinity, I like the please changes from sounding suave to sounding more desperate, which makes it sound better in my opinion.

As of Beast hyper seeming like it lacks something, well it does, for me it doesn't really seem like an upgrade but more of a downgrade. he lost all of his mantles in that form which means he loses a charge move, camouflage, healing and flight which is quite a bit of a downgrade, also he lost his sword, but wait he gets a boring ass gun, which does seem to any special feature over then a super charged attack. But wait he has tassels which gives him a mid range move, which is pointless when you have a gun, its not even a gun/any other weapon, thanks alot chimera you final form only involves your frigging lion form, actually that might be it, for a being called chimera there isn't really much mixing of animals in his ultimate form.

my apologies if that was too long.

yeah, but Garren's gun is my favorite.
185px-Blade-ar-garrenrouzer2.jpg

Garren's gun is cool since it's his main weapon and based around that style of fighting, also it has blade and card attachments which instantly makes it more awesome.

I just love the foldout card slots in their weapons.

they're like peacocks or something.

I am just full of trivia these days, in Kamen rider Kiva apparently the suit was so heavy that when Kiva obtained his final form they essentially used that all the time because it wasn't as extremely heavy as the original suit.

which kinda ruins the story since Kiva's final form doesnt risk Wataru's himanity...

Huh didn't think of it that way, how many riders forms screw up the humanity of the rider, there are quite a few but I am not gonna list them cause spoilers.

Why do I have the feeling that Kogane (Kamen Rider Mars) is actually an alternate future version of Kaito?

- They do look a little bit alike

- Both look like European knights when transformed

- Kamen Rider Mars' "Golden Arms" has the exact same pre-transform tunes as all of Kaito's lockseeds, and the majestic theme that plays after Mars' transformation is the music that plays behind the "Knight of Spear" and "Fight of Hammer"-chants.

I think Kogane might be Kaito from a future where he obtained the golden fruit.

yeah but gridon has the same belt music as Kaito as well.

So with the preview for the following episode of gaim, is Takatora back or Mitsuzane gone crazy and hallucinating takatora being there?

Also after getting nearly 40 episodes into Den-o I can see what you mean Sano that Den-o feels quite different to a the standard kamen rider series and it has been an interesting journey through the heisei era so far as, in comparison to neo heisei where I loved all the series minus Wizard which is good to watch once, I feel while the rider series I have watched so far from the heisei era haven't lived up to the same level of enjoyment I have had with Ryuki. I am not sure why but while they have been decent I just haven't enjoyed the Heisei era riders as much as I have compared to ryuki, which are Faiz, the majority of Den-o and Kabuto.

So with the preview for the following episode of gaim, is Takatora back or Mitsuzane gone crazy and hallucinating takatora being there?

The later, he's hallucinating.

Also:

I'm not an overlord (yet)

I have to correct myself here, because I am a human Overlord now!

ukzszbuy.jpg
ht4t96jc.jpg

Beautiful piece, it looks gorgeous and has around 4 build in LED's with different colors that depend on which weapon it summons. Examples: Daidaimaru is a bright Orange, the Muso Saber a deep blue, Sonic Arrow shining red, Melon Defender a rich green. The other one is just a normal white LED that is used to enforce the lighting effects and for transitions between them. It also mixes the colors to create other tones like the purple for the Budou Ryuhou or yellow for the Banaspear.

And this thing can summon the Suika Sojinto from Watermelon Arms! I'm eager to find out if Kiwami Gaim ever uses this in the show.

Last edited:
errybody run. Kouta will get a giant watermelon sword.

That Kiwami arms device is looking pretty good there Q.

Also the wait for this rider episode is being quite difficult since with the last time we didn't have an episode that continue the current plot. Well at least it wasn't like Den-o where three consecutive episodes were taken over by the movie plot. Sure the normal plot was running along with it but with Den-o it doesn't really get more plot based until later.

New episode was pretty good, Ryouma is back, Micchy goes totally apeshit now and the orange-transformation from Helheim's perspective was really sweet.

I just hope something major happens next week, after Kiwami's appearance and the invasion of Helheim the plot didn’t really continue much.

And about Kamen Rider Mars, he seems to be the golden fruit incarnate, the one who destroys the next world for the forest to devour. Something like that, he's definitely not human, its said the Overlords created him.

THIS WEEK IN GAIM!

-Kouta is too late and is in a depression!
-Mitsuzane is way past the deep end and is yelling at ghosts!
-Ryouma has gained access to shorts! they're comfy and easy to wear!
-"you didn't know about my super secret hidey hole that I built without anyone knowing!"
-Kamen Rider hill under a tree talk feels.
-Kaito is still walking it off
-Mai and Peco were defenseless to the church of Mitsuzane!
-Kouta and Kaito baywatch to the scene of the attack!
-yep. yep. yep. Super Crazy.

pretty good episode and some setup for whats to come.

Until next time!

DON'T SAY NO! JUST LIVE MORE!

Fuck yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

SHF-Kiwami-Arms-Gaim-002.png

SHF-Kiwami-Arms-Gaim-003.png

SHF-Kiwami-Arms-Gaim-004.png

SHF-Kiwami-Arms-Gaim-005.png

SHF-Kiwami-Arms-Gaim-006.png
840150.gif

This will be the centerpiece of my Gaim-Collection!

Duke was also announced, might buy that one if I get the chance, he’s a web-exclusive so you never know who much other sites will sell him for, if they do.

This week on Gaim

• As someone who has now gone through Den-o which I will be making a post about later today, I now recognised the narrator as the voice of one of the characters from Den-o.
  • you can just feel Kouta's sadness in the first scene and hey Ryoumas back, yay, I guess.
  • Mitsuzane's continues down the path of going crazy again.
  • and I wasn't expecting Ryouma and Kouta to b
  • why Go into Jimber lemon arms , when you have much superior Triumph and or Zenith arms, either of those could easily help you win this battle.
  • Kaito to the rescue again and Ryouma still not that trustworthy
  • Roshuo demonstrates why he is still king of the overlords
  • Both kouta and kaito are still showing signs of turning into inves/overlords again, not good
  • and Kouta and Mitsuzane battle again and why,why keep going tin jimber lemon arms, you have better arms to use against him.
  • That was a decent fight and from the next episode preview, I am probably expecting Ryouma to help them for a bit, then Beeetrayyyyaaalll.

Also as mentioned in the previous post, it's review time of Den-o.

You will find all of my thoughts in the spoiler below.

Den-o was an enjoyable Kamen rider series, which makes sense as it has the same writer as the OOO and Ryuki which are my top 3rd and 5th favourite rider series respectively, although which is my favouirt changes constantly as I keep changing my mind on which I like best. It is a good overall series I have good points about and negatives points about it

Plot
Den-o was interesting plot wise, for like the first half of the series you just have ryoutaro and the imagin going aroudn stopping other imagin, Hell the plot is not really center around them as much when the plot comes in as it really more relates to what sakurai is doing in both the past and his current timeline self, also the villain being brought in really didn't amp up much since he was introduced so late that he didn't really add much tension. that being said I really like what they did with the whole plot of Ryoutaro's family

Riders
Ryoutaro being the nice guy has happened a few times in rider history, he is a bit of wimp to start off with but he does get significantly better and stronger as the series progresses.

The imagin
all the imagin group are fun character, Momotaros is a fun bruiser,urataros is a suave playboy, Kintaros is that cool strong guy, Despite what i thought ryuutaros isn't that annoying and good damn I really wnated to see more of sieg, sieg is cool. The use of them is really interesting to use in as the riders individual forsm and my guess is that whether or not you like this idea will impact your enjoyment of the show. Gonna put deneb here too he was a cool and actually a really nice and polite guy who contrasts well with Yuuto.

Yuuto
Yuuto fall into the archetype of sort of rival rider but gradually goes to being friends with with ryoutaro, although it'e easy to see why they had difficulty getting along when they explain the cost of the using his forms, there is just one episode that cause so much feels with that concept.

Rider forms
There are like no base rider form I dislike except for one aspect of the Zeronos form and both of Ryoutaro's super forms, but before the mixes of different abilites and form are really cool and that fact that each one is it's own characters just adds an extra layer of personality.

Now for the problems, the reveal and drama up to getting climax form is good, what is not good is, in my opinion is how climax form looks, I get the concept, I get it, but it just looks like a weird mishmash of all the forms we had so far and the fact that each one controls different limbs would be cool but there isn't really much done with it. With Liner form I think it looks better but it doesn't really seem like a final forms more of a necessity than anything else, I just doesn't seem great. Also the only problem with Zeronos is the mooing noise it makes when it forms.

Other characters
Hana
I like hana, she served as good counterpart to ryoutaro as they both singularity points but have both different takes on the matter of imagin, also her super strenght is brilliant, I don't know why I just like, I also like her having that, also even though I like Kohana I much prefer Hana and was hoping she would arrive again after a while in maybe in the movies, so many movies.

Naomi
she was afun side character but not much else really

The owner
The enigmatic oner of denliner with his fried rice and pudding, how much do we know, how is he the owner, how can he run up to denliner on his owner, he is just inexplicably awesome and I like that, Also looks nothing like the station master, nope, no resemblance there whatsoever.

Airi
Wasn't really expecting her to have plot signifcance but damn she got plot signifcant during the end, she is nice character but too nice at times, not sure the best way to describe, like whimsical you could say.

The enemy
The imagin have a really cool concept, they will grant you what you want and in return they nick your time, not that they will ever ask that, also I'm not sure if anytone ever asks the consequences of but what happens after my wish has been granted. But with granted their wish they don't really because all they want is your time and they will halfass it as mcuh to get your time, those sneaky buggers. Unfortunately with the imagin they never seem to win, of course if they win this a bad thing, but you know bad guys having an effect would makes thing a little bit more intense as they just seem less threatening as time goes on

Kai
Kai, Kai Frigging Kai, he could have e been a contender, could have been if he had shown up about so much earlier in the series, then there could have been a huge threat from the guy who can access nearly anytime, how almost screwed the heroes over on several occasions but no is just a crzy with time screwing powers, such a mediocre and underwhelming villain.

and that was my long thoughts on Den-o and then later, for next time it's time for the tump inside of you to turn into sharpened bravery, it's blade time

Behold the mighty Drive Driver!

Drive-Driver.jpg

And Kamen Rider Drive's personal automobile of choice, the also mighty Trideron!

DX-Drive-Vehicle.jpg

It seems like Drive will utilize a transformation system not unlike the ToQgers, he seems to use miniature cars in combination with the belt to transform.

Well was partially expecting it to be vehicle themed after all, motivational rider will live one on my heart.

I am going to imagine the different cars Drive can insert into device allow him to access different forms, I am imagining different forms of armour with different arms attachments.

Also I am potentially thinking he will have different forms of vehicles as forms like if he were to have form based of motorcycles.

I agree, I think he will not only gain different suits, but vehicles as well. Something like a truck has been rumored and you can see a yellow minicar in the picture.

I personally love the car, it looks awesome. You can see 2 extra wheels on the back spoiler, that will most likely turn and give him extra mobility.

It has been leaked, although not confirmed, that he will have no motorcycle at all. That would be a shame, I hoped the bike would be integrated into the car so whenever he needs even more speed or has to drive trough narrower terrain, he could burst out of the car with the bike, not unlike Batman with the Tumbler in "The Dark Knight".

I'm not really into the idea with miniature cars, but lets see how it turns out.

I am now just brainstorming new forms he could have truck form as a big bruiser, defensive type forms in which it's finisher throws boxes at you.

Boat form travels across water, has rockets and has an anchor on a chain as a weapon, it's finisher involves combinigna rocket and the anchor in a huge swing

Scooter form, scooter form is useless in combat and is only good for escaping, never use it combat.

Also I have an idea for a secondary rider, Kamen rider Turbulence.

I'll wait to see Drive's actual design and his actor before I go making a full judgement on how the series goes.

let's just hope it looks better than the tokkyuger suits.

just kidding, the tokkyuger suits have grown on me

I know, there is still more stuff we need to see but I just love speculating about things, also this will be my first kamen rider that I will watch along with everyone from the start, which is just really fun sounding.

hopefully with the movie out we'll get some pics of Drive himself leaked.

Holy shit guys, we have a new Arms incoming!

H0YN2ie.jpg

J4JYX8C.jpg

PQiev5R.jpg

Its called "Yomotsu Heguri Arms" and its safe to say it will belong to Mitsuzane. It looks like a mish-mash of Grape- and Kiwi-Arms and apparently it can summon the weapons of the Overlords, alongside the Budou Ryuhou and the Kiwi Gekirin. Its like a dark version of Kiwami, and its also said that the armor feeds upon the life of its user.

All of this is, except for the fact that this Arms exists is still unconfirmed, so take it with a grain of salt.

But this arms will most likely appear in the first episode of September, episode 44.

Why Micchy dons this arms, and how, is still unclear. Maybe he uses it to battle the overlords, or he takes their place. I could see him killing Redyue, that would be awesome.

And if Micchy uses this arms with a regular Sengoku Driver, what will happen to Melon Energy and the Genesis Driver? Will it be destroyed when Micchy defeats the ghost of his brother, or will Takatora return to claim his armor back?

I'm very interested to see how this turns out.

Also guys, no episode for next week from what I've heard :(

I kinda hope and kinda dont hope that takatora is still alive and that it was Oren nursing his precious melon back to health.

because it would mean takatora is still alive, but at the cost the answer of his death would be done with comedy...

decisions decisions....