• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Kamen Rider +maybe weekly Drive updates

Moar pics:

10346600_890974870931461_5851717263675910372_n.jpg
10527711_890974924264789_2406979672408731612_n.jpg
10339762_890974914264790_455793646742317212_n.jpg
10576984_890974954264786_6769225587630035501_n.jpg

And it's confirmed, this form is the Anti-Kiwami, it can summon the Overlord weapons.

To detective Q's spoiler,
smell like final boss to me, or a penultimate boss in comparison to roshuo, wondering if he will have the abilities the previous overlords had because they are a crap ton as of now. Crap just thinking he has the power of the overlords, what if he fight kouta, and kouta turns into an overlord and because he wasn't prepared for this and gets defeated by overlord Kouta.

aw man, I can only imagine how Kaito's story is gonna go out if both are overlords!

I think we don’t have to use spoiler for the whole text anymore, seems like everyone already opened it :D

I still don’t think Kouta or Micchy would turn into Overlords, as I said already, I think they are Overlords as of now. I mean Kouta is, Micchy will be one when he gets his new lockseed.

Why would they transform into Overlords Inves? The Overlords where created when the species from the old world genetically enhanced themselves, that wont happen with the Riders. As stated before, I remember Rosyuo and Takatora talking and Rosyuo said that both races choose their path, the Overlords altered their DNA and the humans used the belts. Kouta with Kiwami arms is the human equivalent to an Overlord Inves.

Further mutation might happen, but not into an Overlord Inves, that wouldn’t make sense.

The only thing I can see happening is that Kaito chooses to become an Overlord to escape his sickness.

Concluding this, I have a new, clear pic of Micchy's new lockseed!

L.S.-YOMI.png

It reads "L.S.-Yomi", Yomi being the Japanese word for the land of the dead, the world of darkness. Spooky!

Micchy, what happened to you, you where such a nice kid, and now you've become the prince of darkness!

I think they might actually transform into overlord inves because I seen this thing happen in other rider series and this is urobochi, urobochi might end up some of them end up being over lords and if they are powerful enough they might break out or some stay stuck as overlord inves and have to be gotten rid of like hase was, Just a theory of mine.

I do like your idea Q, that they are sort of overlords but through different means.

They could become Overlords and prove me wrong, but I rather like the idea that the worlds are so different, and yet share the same basic structures.

And a little update to Yomotsu Heguri (I'm really hyped for that one, you might have noticed it already ;) ) it is now also confirmed that this lockseed drains its user's life force and causes them great suffering.

I really like what they've done with Micchy. At this point you can very well argue that he is the protagonist of the show. Of course he isn’t, but I love antagonists which evolve into their roll and show you their reasons to become evil rather than just being evil for the sake of it.

The new episode is subbed now by the way, and I must say: I seriously underestimated Professor Ryoma. He toys with that Overlord like only Kiwami did before. Okay, this one may not be as strong as Demushu or Redyue, but its pretty amazing nonetheless.

I just hope Oren & Jonouchi don’t die :(

Where did you find the subbed version, I watched it raw and damn it's not great not knowing what anyone is saying.

Favourite moment in that was when kouta summons all his weapons and just chucks them at the overlord, frigging nice.

Also super hyped for the next episode given from what the preview shows, ah can't wait it's gonna be so good.

and I agree with you Q, Mitsuzane is one of the best villain in Kamen rider and him being a villain would have been completely unthinkable for the starting point of the series.

I send you a PM with the link.

Yeah that was pretty cool, and he has now summoned every weapon except the Watermelon-Sword, I think he saves it for something special :D

wait, I thought the overlords were people who ate the fruit but were strong enough to not become mindless monsters. Like, they're still technically inves, they're just not mindless. I can see how they'd still have invess qualities such as demushu eating the fruit for more power or redyue scratching Kaito and causing him to grow vines out,of the wound.
like, I can see Kouta and Mitsuzane both becoming overlords through scientific means, but I still think they would have the side effects of eating the fruit normally. Because rember how angry the bat inves and haseves were when they ate fruit from our world? Kouta has the same feelings as those inves, but he achieved that side effect through alternative means.

also, I have yet to see the most recent episode. I'll watch and do a this week after I Get home from work and the gym.

wait, I thought the overlords were people who ate the fruit but were strong enough to not become mindless monsters.

Not quite, I have found what I searched, it wasn’t actually Rosyue who told us this, it was Redyue:

d8fhgmkm.jpg
dazwua3y.jpg
mxq4o5vk.jpg

You are technically right though, they are Inves, but because they were genetically altered before the mutation they are still sentient and can command the forest. It's not because they are strong alone, but because Rosyue selected them to survive.

Do you see now why I don’t think Kouta or Micchy will become Overlords, but are Overlords of their own kind?

This week on Gaim

• Everyone wants to storm in Yggdrasil, gonna be good, also the return of the silly face expression.
  • What I like about Mitsuzane going evil is that he isn't always in evil crazy mode all the time, he still ha some semblance of sense and understanding, I think the trope well intentioned extremist fits here.
  • I like having Ryouma back he adds an interesting balance to the group dynamic.
  • Mistsuzane, the cold blooded, but lay a hand on his waifu and you bet there will be issues.
  • The last(Hopefully not) for Oren and Jonuochi as they fend off the inves while the other make their way to the tower.
  • Roshuo such a sad king and not really evil just more doing what he needs to for his own reasons
  • Kaito continues to be a bro, Kaito " he is right, but don't be an ass about it" Obviously not what was actually said but damn was it great nonetheless
  • Zack is actually quite awesome this episode, props to them and team kaito fending off the enemy
  • Again Ryouma is such a good contrast to kouta with don't care about others thing, also this episode is full of great gif potential.
  • The fight that Ryouma and Kouta have against the inves at the end was frigging amazing.
  • Really good episode but there is another goddamn break again.

THIS WEEK IN GAIM!
-Errybody being manly and tsundere at the same time about the plan!
-Peko is the strongest of all of us. also dat face
-Roshu still being a saaaad panda/
-Mitsuzane: hold on Mai I need to have an epic battle with my ghost brother!
-Kouta: man, how did the world get so screwed?
Ryouma:
-AAAAAAH! I'm sure Gridon and Bravo can handle this!
-Ryouma also moonlights as captain hindsight!
-Mai and Roshu have a discussion about friendship.
-Ryouma and Kouta get pushed for Summer Slam but is there an ulterior motive?

good episode. can't wait for the conclusion of the cliffhanger on this episode.

Next week!

holy shit this is gonna be good.

until next time!
DON'T SAY NO! JUST LIVE MORE!

So, since we get no episode this week, lets discuss what could happen in future episodes.

I think I finally figured out who or what Desu-Mai is. She is the queen that Rosyuo tries to resurrect, in Mai's body. I have the feeling the queens body will be destroyed or incapable of being reborn, so the queen ends up possessing Mai. But rather then being just the queen in Mai's skin, the two individuals combine and it creates the Priestess of Time. The different eye-color could be a nod to that. And in this future where she lives and everything engulfs in war, she goes back in time to prevent it happening again.

This fits because the last time we saw her (back in Episode 23) she was talking with Sagara, who we know has a yet unexplained knowledge about the Overlords. He said that he "knew what it means to be chosen by you". Remember, the only time we saw the queen in Rosyuo's flashbacks, it was her who gifted the golden fruit to him. She chose the wielder of the fruit.

My idea is that Mai will become Desu-Mai again, or the one from the future sacrifices herself to end the circle. We don’t know why Kouta and the others got to war. Maybe Kouta goes mad after Mai dies or something like that?

The only thing that doesn’t quite add up to me is why Bujin Gaim knows her. But that could be movie-timeline shenanigans, we haven’t seen Micchy making use of the blood-orange lockseed either.

What do you think? Could this happen, or do you think something else will?

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Well anything is possible at the moment since what we are getting next episode is an episode where Kouta is shown an alternate future. Just hope time sheningans don't play too much of an affair in this and the events don't play too similairly to ryuki.

There be spoiler here but do not read unless you have seen the ending of Kamen Rider Ryuki
I am hoping we don't get a mai ends up desu mai doesn't want it like that, and destroys herself leaving everyone sad, so someone decides to reset everything ending sort of like in Ryuki, I would not want it to end up like ryuki's ending. Not saying ryuki's ending is bad just saying I don't want another reset ending.

Well anything is possible at the moment since what we are getting next episode is an episode where Kouta is shown an alternate future.

Not really, its more like an alternate past because it shows what would happen if Kouta had eaten the fruit and Yuya got the orange lockseed and belt.

And even that is no "alternate"-thingy, its an illusion caused by Redyue to break Kouta mentally.

Not really, its more like an alternate past because it shows what would happen if Kouta had eaten the fruit and Yuya got the orange lockseed and belt.

And even that is no "alternate"-thingy, its an illusion caused by Redyue to break Kouta mentally.

Ah okay, I must have forgotten about that bit, I was too hype over the actual preview to read the descriptions and then I was bummed out again when I remembered we won't be getting Gaim for a bit.

Of course there are always other series, how is Wizard Going Q?

Ah okay, I must have forgotten about that bit, I was too hype over the actual preview to read the descriptions and then I was bummed out again when I remembered we won't be getting Gaim for a bit.

I don’t know if its really in the descriptions, I just put 2+2 together because we see Kouta as an Inves, Yuya with the orange lockseed, Redyue and all the dead Overlords. That has to be an illusion by Redyue, makes no sense otherwise.

Of course there are always other series, how is Wizard Going Q?

You know, I haven’t watched anything else since the last time we talked about this. I'm still not trough with Wizard. But nice of you to mention it, now I have something to do!

Just checking some times with series watching because for me whenever I try to watch a series I end up watching something else as the orginial plan was to get through Kamen rider Blade but instead I have been making my way through Kamen rider Kiva.

Where were you in Wizard again?

Finished Episode 33, the little two-parter with Kosuke's beast best friend who collects guitars. I remember now, next up was something with Gremlins human host, might watch that. I kind of like Gremlin because he's so strange, he reminds me of the Joker from Batman sometimes, only more random.

Gremlin was sorta good, his episode where you find about what he was like as human was really good but they don't do enough of it afterwards in regards to Gremlin.

Also I will say this again Pheonix was the best villain of the series and after he goes so too does a fair bit of entertainment from Wizard.

Also the two episodes after the Gremlin focus episode is... a .... tad... controversial. Otherwise known as the infamous Myna bird arc.

Phoenix was cool. A little part of me wished that he wasn’t playing with Rinko and that he would return to his former job and learn to appreciate life again, and that he would become an anti-hero and feature in some more episodes.

The producers seemed to be very impressed by his actor, I remember that they showed the scene where Human-Phoenix stands shouting in the rain like 5 times in the same episode :D

Phoenix's actor was really good in that scene and also since I don't actually think I mentioned it but Phoenix also has an amazing design in phantom form.

Ah man that ideas just sounds really cool for having phoenix as an anti hero and then later loses in battle and as a thanks to the group he gives his mana to beast as he fades away, which would give Beast the best power up ever and giving Beast a badass upgrade that makes him on par with Wizard, yeah that would have been a really cool idea.

Kiva update: 24 episodes in the main rider gets their final forms upgrade, that is super early, the getting of it was so not built up in anyway whatsoever, I know their were suit issues but damn that was not a great final form reveal.

Phoenix's actor was really good in that scene and also since I don't actually think I mentioned it but Phoenix also has an amazing design in phantom form.

Ah man that ideas just sounds really cool for having phoenix as an anti hero and then later loses in battle and as a thanks to the group he gives his mana to beast as he fades away, which would give Beast the best power up ever and giving Beast a badass upgrade that makes him on par with Wizard, yeah that would have been a really cool idea.

You know they made a FiguArt of Phoenix? I know a place that still sells him for a good price, considering he was a web-exclusive that’s not given. If you want, I'll send you the link.

I'm up to Episode 39 of Wizard now, and I'm surprised that these actors with their silly slapstick always get a laugh out of me. Wajima is especially precious, every time he spits out his drink or does something clumsy I cant help but burst out laughing. This is the type of grandpa you just have to love.

Since your at episode 39 what were your thoughts on the myna bird arc?

Pretty fun, nothing special. I liked the ending though, I was a little bit confused at first but I guess its fitting.

Haruto playing soccer was better :>

Haruto and his football thing was good and one of the aspects of his I was they spent more time on really, that along with him having more of a personality as well.

Yeah, there hasn’t been anything since we've been told how his parents died. Although I'm more interested in Koyomi at the moment, since Sora ditched the theory that she is the husk of a phantom. That’s a shame on one side, I would've loved to see Wizard fight against the Koyomi-Phantom, but on the other side I want to find out more about her. She has to have some connection with the White Wizard.

Koyomi is a decent character but I feel she could have benefitted from having abit more screen time.

It's official guys, Gaim will end in September :(

Most likely with the 47th episode. But it was a great time and we will see something big before its over, the fight between Ryugen Yomi and Gaim will be epic. Lets just hope the ending doesn’t suck too bad.

Well at least we know gaim will have a decent run time is something that is definite. I am hoping for a good final battle and for me I think Kouta and Mtsuzane will be the final battle.

I wonder what sort of ending they will have, I mean no matter what ending they plan to have they can't really get rid of kouta because they need the main rider for crossovers.

the final battle should totally be against Kaito. He is the rival after all and he and kouta have been at odds on their ideals for quite some time .

the final battle should totally be against Kaito. He is the rival after all and he and kouta have been at odds on their ideals for quite some time .

I disagree, Mitsuzane is the perfect fit, especially seeing that he will become Anti-Kiwami and the embodiment of the Overlords, kind of. And everything he did, his whole character change should be a build up for this final battle.

But something special needs to happen with Kaito too, he's far too important. Maybe the series will end with him and Kouta starting a fight, so its open to everyone who wins. They will fight because after the whole commotion is over, they still want to decide who's "right". So more of a friendly, rival-based battle.

tbh, I hate those endings. I want an actual final fight. Not be teased one.

I do agree that Kaito is too important to just write out or not,give any closure.

But an actual fight would need build up, Kaito would have to become stronger, because as of now he bites the dust against Kiwami. He can't beat Kouta if he really goes for it. So Kaito needs a change, either he becomes an Overlord himself or he gets a new lockseed. The next 4 episodes will be a "build up" for Mitsuzane to get Yomotsu Heguri Arms and to evolve the story. After that, we only have 3 episodes left. I don’t see how they can properly evolve Kaito to make him the final adversary.

Maybe they will duke it out to decide who goes to fight against Mitsuzane, but I can't see Kaito as the final boss.

But, one thing is inevitable: Kouta beating Kaito to find his own strength, not just "protecting people". Kouta needs to become a stronger person, and I think it will happen when he beats Kaito.

Yes, now that I think about it: Kouta should fight Kaito to finally find his own way to the future and to give everything against Mitsuzane.

I hope at least that Kaito will make it through the series he is too awesome to see go.

Also I have finished Kamen rider Kiva, It's a mixed bag for me, there are some parts I really like eg Otoya is one of the best characters in the kamen rider and however some elements of the plot aren't really done enough with good detail or they just don't answer questions we want to know. It's mixed.

Anyways no it is actually time to move onto Blade.

Kiva update: 24 episodes in the main rider gets their final forms upgrade, that is super early, the getting of it was so not built up in anyway whatsoever, I know their were suit issues but damn that was not a great final form reveal.
Also I have finished Kamen rider Kiva, It's a mixed bag for me, there are some parts I really like eg Otoya is one of the best characters in the kamen rider and however some elements of the plot aren't really done enough with good detail or they just don't answer questions we want to know. It's mixed.
you watched over 30 episodes of Kiva in just 2 days?!

you are a god damned madman and I respect that! I can't even handle watching subbed anime all day unless it's JoJo's!

good on you Mr. Worf!

I have been ill for a bit so I have been stuck in my room most of the time so yeah I have been getting through it at a really quick pace, but then I go through most things quite quickly so me doing this isn't necessarily uncommon.

I still couldn't do that even if I was sick and had all the time in the world. I need to watch something else alongside it.

mad props.

I still need to finish Fourze but I also want to start Blade.

fuck it, I'll alternate.

where are you at with Fourze at the moment?