• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Kamen Rider +maybe weekly Drive updates

Okay I have started my watch through of Kuuga, Just thought I would bring it up because Kuuga's opening is a real throw back to the the showa era of riders which is really cool to me.

Kuuga to me is a great first step in bringing back Kamen Rider. Its not,amazing but its not,bad and its a good setup to the start of a new era.

I think I am gonna enjoy Kuuga from what I seen so far which is only the first few episodes.

How would you rank Agito and Hibiki as rider series?

Wait, I'm just watching episode 31 of Double and Akiko knows her dad is dead? How so, Shotaro never told her!

I guess its explained in the movies, because her dad is Kamen Rider Skull and stuff, but I waited for Shotaro to tell her and now she knows all of a sudden... that’s lame.

The movies in double are sometimes plot related, there is another movie which also partially links in with main plot but is doesn't affect as much.

Anyways, get ready for the episode 32, it's gonna be super awesome.

I'm pretty sure akiko is smart enough to put together the pieces and find out WHY she hasn't seen or heard from him in so long. Like, she might be extremely zany but she's not actually dumb.

Anyways, get ready for the episode 32, it's gonna be super awesome.

Already watched, Extreme is awesome! I love how they insert the memories into the shield. But overall I still like their normal form better, the X-shaped headpiece looks kinda silly.

And a little connection with movies is alright... but if you have to watch them to know why something happened in the show that’s kinda bad. Because if I go back now and watch the movies I already know stuff about them.

I'm pretty sure akiko is smart enough to put together the pieces and find out WHY she hasn't seen or heard from him in so long. Like, she might be extremely zany but she's not actually dumb.

Yeah but then they wouldn’t make a giant fuss about it in the first 10 episodes and then later she just casually mentions that her father is dead. That doesn’t really fit together well. Thats why I thought maybe the movie explains it.

I think it's one of the movies that has decade in it so probably not be best watching it due to the super omega spoilers that might occur.

Cyclone Joker Xtreme is a good final form in my opinion and I like all the other final forms in the neo heisei era with the exception of one.

Yeah but then they wouldn’t make a giant fuss about it in the first 10 episodes and then later she just casually mentions that her father is dead. That doesn’t really fit together well. Thats why I thought maybe the movie explains it.
it was probably resolved in Begin's Night then.

haven't seen Begins Night, mainly because I had just quit keeping up with Kamen Rider not long before it finally got subbed.

Last edited:
We now know who Kamen Rider Jam is:

bAK6XbY.jpg

No, you are not drunk, there's two of them! Gaku Sano (The actor who plays Kouta) has a twin brother, named Kei! He will play Kamen Rider Jam's human (?) form. Either he is a crossover rider and an imposter of some kind, or the final boss is Kouta's evil side manifested.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
We now know who Kamen Rider Jam is:

bAK6XbY.jpg

No, you are not drunk, there's two of them! Gaku Sano (The actor who plays Kouta) has a twin brother, named Kei! He will play Kamen Rider Jam's human (?) form. Either he is a crossover rider and an imposter of some kind, or the final boss is Kouta's evil side manifested.
he should be Kouta from another world that Helheim took over. Sagara did mention that he has been going from world to world implying he's done the whole forest invasion thing more than once.

he should be Kouta from another world that Helheim took over. Sagara did mention that he has been going from world to world implying he's done the whole forest invasion thing more than once.

I always thought he meant parallel worlds that are not just different versions of each other. But lets wait and see. I hope he is a crossover Rider, it would be kind of lame to make evil Kouta the final boss. I want to see Kouta and Kaito duke it out in the finale!

STORY TIME!

So back when Sano was just a babby Kamen Rider fanboy, when Decade was still ongoing, he wanted to get Kamen Rider DVDs, so he googled where to find them. He eventually found sites that had these DVDs, but they weren't meant for English speaking peoples first. twas his first Heisei Rider DVDs, Kuuga, which was a rider he felt he would like, unfortunately, Chinatown didn't know how English worked, and gave up on trying to finish it. Years later, Sano found these DVDs on his bookshelf, and remembered the wonderful feelings he had about Chinatown subs, which he fondly calls 'Kuuwangs' and so he posted 3 things on twitter.

So..do you think Ryouma was dead before he hit the ground or had the log drop & Short stop?

well, I say it's kinda up in the air. beforehand, he was smashed into the wall after getting hit in the area of his solar plexus, which should have killed him.

either way, he's probably not coming back.

I got a new package from the glorious Kamen Rider-Land today. Guess what time it is?

Next Gen-Rider time!

m3kt57j9.jpg
tg7pwz4j.jpg
a9oay28m.jpg
np87az83.jpg
k3kvepa2.jpg
sphl5nms.jpg
bg8nbonp.jpg
9mnanrdz.jpg
xz42k7up.jpg
eo7pvqt7.jpg
k29266s7.jpg
m6kmgn4q.jpg
lqqgh4pk.jpg
8reu7lx5.jpg

But that’s not all... a new Rider has appeared at my place, and he's very unpleasant with the fruity Rider who used his powers as a lockseed!

7tq8wdn6.jpg
vvdna8e7.jpg
8jbx8dgn.jpg
8x8gbd7u.jpg
ewlps4i2.jpg

I do enjoy the little skit things you do with some of the figures you get @Detective Q, they do make me chuckle.

Also cool on getting the Double figure, it looks really good.

Also have this pretty cool Kamen rider music video not made by me.

I do enjoy the little skit things you do with some of the figures you get @Detective Q, they do make me chuckle.

I have fun making them, but I'm really happy if others appreciate them as well. I wanted to add text to the Double one (You know the deal: Count your sins!) but didn’t had time for it.

Also cool on getting the Double figure, it looks really good.

They had it in stock for a low price where I bought Zangetsu Shin, and since I really like the show I bought this one as well. I'm amazed to see that these older figures have die-cast feet, the newer ones are plastic.

Here is another Kamen rider music video that I enjoyed, not made by me.

you aren't far from episode 48 if you've screen capped that episode.

Yep, just finished episode 40. The cinema-story was really great, I laughed my ass off. While I love Gaim, I hope Drive will feature a little bit more comedy.

and now q is in the final phase of kamen rider where shit gets a lot more intense, plot twists everywhere and all the climaxes start happening. Well even then there are still some funny moments.

Important question, what were your thoughts on Kamen rider Accel's big upgrade and battle against Weather

Super omega amazing ultra hissatsu part 5 question, what are your thoughts on Jun " Drops everything" Kazu ?

Important question, what were your thoughts on Kamen rider Accel's big upgrade and battle against Weather

It's okay. The finisher on Weather was pretty nice, other then that I don’t overly care about it because I still don’t like Ryu even though he warmed up. And I feel like Weather died too early, I thought he might stick around longer.

The Mario Kart-esque sounds on the Trial Memory are kind of cool though.

Super omega amazing ultra hissatsu part 5 question, what are your thoughts on Jun " Drops everything" Kazu ?

I have no idea how this guy or the organization behind it will turn out. Either he is a Dopant and will take action and his company will play a bigger role or he just gets axed and that’s it. But I like that they give certain characters their ticks, Wakana clicks her tongue when she's upset, the pervert doctor gets his tongue some fresh air and this dude just drops everything.

I hope he gets a microphone.

there is a scene in episode 46 where you'll want his tick to happen so bad. Also, once you hit episode 48's ending, please tell us before you jump to the next episode. And if you can, post a selfie of your reaction to the end. We neeeeeeed it!

also, old shotaro storyline is best side storyline.

Okay I just got through the raw of the newest gaim, there was a bit where I think I know what is going on but I am not completely sure, I would have to watch it again with subs to make sure.

Not saying what this particular event is because I don't know if you guys have watched the raw.

Subs are out, pretty good episode, but still only buildup for the epic fight next week.

Okay guys here is something we haven't discussed yet, will Mai be back to normal by the end of the series or is she still gonna be in woman of the beginning form ?

Okay guys here is something we haven't discussed yet, will Mai be back to normal by the end of the series or is she still gonna be in woman of the beginning form ?

She would most likely cease to exist. Because there is no need for a “Woman of the Beginning” once she has has achieved her task.

But as I said somewhere before, I think Kouta will somehow use the fruit to reset everything back to normal so Mai will be human again.

I could see that happening, given all the crap that has happened to all the characters, it seems like it would be for the best, I am personally not fond of reset endings all the time but I feel it would working for this one.

I would imagine that wish would also say to get rid of helheim so that most of the problems never occurred.

"This is my stage now!" said Sano Gaku and delivered. Big time. I love that song, good thing this and "Ranbu Escalation” get released on album at the end of the month.

I think that if all goes well for Gaim in the last few episodes that Gaim might beat one of my top three favourite other rider series, Gaim just has been really good.

Question Do you guys think Wizard would have been better if Urobochi got the script for that instead of gaim's ?

I think that if they're gonna reset the universe, they should do a split universe thing where Mai and Kouta are watching over the new universe that they helped create.

and I dunno what would happen if Urobuchi got Wizard. I feel it would just,be better structured. Like, everyone keeps saying Gaim is like Madoka now and I feel it just keeps typecasting him. Like, he's had other works that are really good like Psycho Pass and Gargantia, so I feel we could go anywhere with this ending.

I think that if all goes well for Gaim in the last few episodes that Gaim might beat one of my top three favourite other rider series, Gaim just has been really good.

Well Gaim is my absolute favorite (big surprise) and from what it looks like it will go out with a bang, and that’s really good. They will most likely start the fight between Kouta and Kaito in the next episode, they fight with normal arms and the motorcycles (never thought I see these again) and in the final episode they duke it out with their strongest forms.

If that goes well I think Gaim did a very good job. But I'm also happy that they wont try to rehash Gaim and instead go back to the more classic Rider-formula with Drive.

Question Do you guys think Wizard would have been better if Urobochi got the script for that instead of gaim's ?

There's a lot of factors that play into Wizard being lackluster, but yeah, maybe he would've done better. But Gaim isn’t just script, it has a lot of got actors (and thus, good casting-choices) very cool action and designs. That’s things a screenwriter can't do. He can write "action scene" but that’s it.

There's a lot of factors that play into Wizard being lackluster, but yeah, maybe he would've done better. But Gaim isn’t just script, it has a lot of got actors (and thus, good casting-choices) very cool action and designs. That’s things a screenwriter can't do. He can write "action scene" but that’s it.

Fair point, Yeah Urobochi has been a good part to why Gaim has been good but I really need to remember to give more credit to other parts like the people who managed to make cool rider suits based on fruits, the good fight choreography and of course the good actors. I think the amount of times we have covered over mitsuzane's actor is good example of the good acting in this. I should probably stop harping on wizard too much, I feel sometimes that I give wizard too much crap when there are some good points to it.

Also did any one ever find that Micchy of the beginning image?

I wouldn't exactly say Drive is gonna follow the classic formula. It seems more for going,for a fun aspect of the series that was established around Den-O's series. 2 episode is hard for me to say if it started somewhere in the Showa or Heisei era.

I wouldn't exactly say Drive is gonna follow the classic formula. It seems more for going,for a fun aspect of the series that was established around Den-O's series. 2 episode is hard for me to say if it started somewhere in the Showa or Heisei era.

Yeah, I really have no idea what "classic formula" is, I just meant it looks a lot more classic than Gaim with the whole "one case per episode"-setup. I hope that works, because Double takes 2 episodes per case.

Also did any one ever find that Micchy of the beginning image?

Nope :(

I have been looking for the image of micchy of the beginning again but still can't find it, found a great gif though.

It's spoilered because partial spoilers and in case it might cause loading issues on the page.

dc7.gif

Also has everyone seen the episode yet so we can start discussion on it?