• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Kamen Rider +maybe weekly Drive updates

It's spoilered because partial spoilers and in case it might cause loading issues on the page.

I don't know this or where it is from, but Wizard & Beast did the exact same thing on occasion, they blocked the incoming enemy with the magic circle that they then used to transform :D

It is from Blade and doing stuff like that with henshins always puts a smile on my face.

Sano hasn't seen it yet so I would like to wait for him in my opinion.

Kamen Rider Gaim in a nutshell:

rf4jwrfb.jpg

:D

Gaim will end with Kouta taking Mai to the top of Yggdrasil tower only to be shot down by Micchy.

Then Sagara was like " Shit, now who can I have to take up the golden fruit ? "

and then Ghost Takatora will be like " Save it for the next crossover movie"

so I finally saw the new Gaim episode today, and you know what that means!

THIS WEEK IN GAIM!

-Chucky and Peko are singing in the rain but come across a bunch of random feathers!
-whoa there, getting a little close there kaito. we don't need more yaoi shipping than is already necessary
-Mai is in the maybe futurepast-present timey wimey time space continuum person. also sparkles
-Kaito goes full heel and Yoko is okay with it!
-2 nuts and a durian meet a banana and a peach on a bridge
-Zack heel turns! what an AMAZING turn of events!
-Kouta can't spend time being hurt when there's spider-maning to do!
-when all else fails things get nutty!

good episode, can't wait for the next. plenty of monster Kaito and it's all good.

next week! WE GOTTA PUSH THIS RIVALRY FOR RIDERMANIA 2014!!!!

until then!

DON'T SAY NO! JUST LIVE MORE!

Since everyone has seen the episode we can discuss this point, when watching the subs I thought Zack pulled a full on face heel turn but after watching the subbed version I think he going to try and get rid of kaito himself, he only told kouta to get away because he wasn't in the best condition to fight kaito.

as much crap as we have given Zack in terms of incompetence, he's gotten pretty good writing in this episode. pretty cool. I expect a painful goodbye on his part though. :(

I agree with Zack trying to stop Kaito himself, or at least delay until Kohta, who he KNOWS can stop Kaito, gets his shit together like he is trying to do.

In Gaim items, I am kicking myself for not setting an alarm yesterday, CSToys had a limited extra amount of Premium Fifteen Lockseeds and the 2 Pack of Gold & Silver Apple Lockseeds. I decided not to set an alarm thinking I would have time, and when I woke up and went to shot, they be gone.

Mr. S gets any Lockseeds I am after in this week I am setting an alarm this time, what with Gaim coming to an end Items will go faster.

hopefully the convention I'm going to this month will have some lockseeds in the dealer room.

if not, guess I'll get some figuarts anime and artbooks.

hopefully the convention I'm going to this month will have some lockseeds in the dealer room.

if not, guess I'll get some figuarts anime and artbooks.

Don't get scalped. There is one dealer from NYC who makes the rounds and overcharges. Seriously, $120 for a Sengoku Driver and $140 for Genesis, as well as $25-$40 for Lockseeds depending on the type. And that is before Sales Tax.

Yomi Duke from the Drive X Gaim Movie war?!?! Looks like we get at leas ONE more Energy Lockseed in the future.

I'll make sure I won't get jipped. :P if I get even the slightest inkling they're trying to swindle me I'll make it loud and known. motherfuckers ain't gonna get me to pay DX prices on candy toy lockseeds.

Huh, to be fair the Dealer I am speaking about did not carry Candy toy lockseeds. MAYBE some Ressha & battery Candy Toys but not Lockseeds.

Same with older Rider stuff the past years. He also RAISED the price on Kamen Rider OOO Ranger Key Set (from $20 to $35) when they were the last one he had in stock. AND he does not Barter, even with an hour left on the last day.

I'm kind of happy I'm not that interested in the lockseeds (or the belts) because the FiguArts are pricy enough already. I'll just buy Yomutsu Heguri Lockseed and then I have the most powerful three and that’s it.

Is Kamen Rider Kiva any good? I play with the idea of watching this one next after I finish Double and step out of the Neo-Heisei era for once.

@Detective Q I would like to recommend Kiva but I don't want to say much since I don't want to bias your opinion and the less you know the more interesting it will be for you, I would recommend watching Kiva since all kamen rider good, with some not being as good as others, but this is definitely a good one

Kiva is interesting in that it has time Jumping. You need to pay attention to when you are in the 1980's and the 2000's, because you will not get a transition point.

Also in the link I put above there are 2 notes:

1. Takatora is the one fighting Yomi Duke

2. The Lockseed is rumored to either be Dragonfruit or Pomegranite for the new Energy Lockseed.

I said I wasn't gonna say much on Gaim but I do have something that might interest you with being to spoilerly.

One of the things that intrigued you about Drive is that his belt driver will talk to him, this is a thing that happens in Kiva so you might like that.

*snerk* Literally.

Here's a non subbed version of the first Henshin and battle in Kiva.

Yes, he has a Pet Castle Dragon as his base.

Does know if there is a full playlist for Kuuga I seem to be having trouble finding it and does anyone know if anyone reuploaded anything from the showa era?

Okay something that has bugged me I watched the second episode of agito and it seems to have connections to Kuuga with mentioning things that happened in the previous one. With that in mind should I watch Kuuga before Agito?

it depends. you can go ahead and watch Agito, but in the long run, Kuuga and Agito have never made an ACTUAL connection to one another.

though we keep getting trolled with it in rider crossovers.

So they just mention the unidentified lifeforms thing but nothing will actually fully link the two stories together, okay gotcha.

Kuuga will not appear in Agito due to events in the final episode. Hence all the references but no sign of Kuuga himself.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
And, Double post cause NO ONE has posted since I did on Friday.

Gaim 45 Sub

Well Major EVents.

-Mitchy begins to regain his sanity
-Zack Kills Yoko while trying to take out Kaito and dies for it, leaving only 3 Riders who can Henshin in this series.
-The JSDF Evacuates the last of the Humans in Zawame City
-Kaito & Kohta's final war begins

Next Week? Well it seems Helheim Sagara says there is no future for either of them.

2 Episodes left of Gaim. Like OOO I am going to be sad to see this one end.

And, Double post cause NO ONE has posted since I did on Friday.

I choose not to because I don’t wanted to do the usual "I’ve seen it but I wait before everyone else has". Didnt expect you guys to take so long though.

-Mitchy begins to regain his sanity

I hope they can finish his character properly. I expect the next episode to have a good chunk of story for him, and I hope he returns as Ryugen to take a mortal blow for Kouta or something like that.

-Zack Kills Yoko while trying to take out Kaito and dies for it, leaving only 3 Riders who can Henshin in this series.

The whole subplot with the bomb was kind of strange IMO. And I don’t care much about Yoko, I really like her actress but the character is just... meh.

But yeah, only 3 Riders can transform now. Come on Micchy...

-Kaito & Kohta's final war begins

Great scene by the way, only the lack of Watermelon was disappointing, but the rest was really good, even the bad CGI didn’t hurt much.

Cant wait for Lord Baron vs. Kiwami Gaim.

2 Episodes left of Gaim. Like OOO I am going to be sad to see this one end.

It ends next week for me. I will watch the crossover-episode but I hope they can finish stuff properly next week.

EDIT:

Last edited:
Wow they are announcing the crossover movie earlier than expected.

and yeah I sort of forgot to put my thoughts down about the new episode but now that I remembered to, I like this episode it is ultimately set up for the finale battle and clearing out everyone but hey it was still good.

Also I want Micchy back in action trying to save Kouta, it would not make up for his actions but I feel it would put him as having the best character arc I have seen in Kamen rider as I feel Micchy sets the bar for anti hero riders.

On a slightly related note are you nearly finished with Double yet?

and have this image as well
494.jpg

Reactions: Detective Q
I have finished it about a week ago actually. Didn’t really want to elaborate it that day though.

It’s a really fun and cool show, if Drive is anything like it I would be happy. I liked the comedy and the action. Plot-wise it isn’t that great but that’s nothing I would expect out of Kamen Rider really, even though Gaim does it.

The ending…

Even though I probably wouldn’t like it, I think the ending would’ve been better if Phillip didn’t come back and Shotaro would stay Kamen Rider Joker. I mean I knew he was coming back and he did. It’s a happy ending and stuff, everything still is the way it was, Double is still around and the agency keeps going. But I think his life and (second) death would have been more meaningful if Shotaro takes his legacy onto himself.

I mean I’m happy with the ending and all, that they can continue their partnership and the agency. But I think this could’ve worked better. If they did a real time jump between the semi-last episode and the ending, you know? Show how Fuuto has changed, Shotaro is more mature but still half-boiled, Akiko and Ryu have kids, life goes on. Some funny things like Akiko’s baby daughter hitting Shotaro with a slipper. But something is different now because Shotaro suddenly feels his connection with Philip again, and the last episode could have been him and the old gang investigating this case. They can’t find out anything real though, but Shotaro doesn’t give up.
The last scene could have been Shotaro standing in front of the old agency, which is closed now, but then a strong wind blows the “closed”-sign away and Shotaro sees someone standing before him (the audience doesn’t) and says: “I knew you would come back.”. Cut to black.

That’s an ending I could get behind. Granted, it’s a big cliché, but I would have liked it better then just: "Oh hi, I’m back".

Overall still a very good show, I really enjoyed watching it and hope Drive will take some notes from Double.

Yeah no matter where I go there always seems to be debate on how the ending should have been.

I would say that in comparing to Gaim, Gaim has the most focused story and only really deviates from that story when it does special episodes like crossovers or promos. With Double it has the 2 episode style and it does take a bit before villains goals get established and due to the case by case nature of the show it has to focus on them as well as the main plot but it was still done well in my opinion.

Anyways do you still intend to get into Kiva or planning to watch other rider series?

Haven’t found a good playlist with subs yet. But I don’t know if I should watch Kiva or finish Neo-Heisei first… I could watch OOO or Fourze next too.

Well I finished the neo heisei era before I moved onto the heisei era so but that is mainly because that is how I like doing things.

OOO and Fourze are a bit more in similiar to double in the fact they are a bit more on the lighter side of the spectrum as opposed to Gaim which is more on the darker side of the spectrum.

Watch OOO for really entertaining characters, well thought out themes and all around good guy rider with many forms.

Watch fourze for just fun times, The most energetic and hot blooded rider and the power of space and friendship.

Also if you need playlist for either I can find you both of those.

Reactions: SanoBaron
also, Ankh is the best character.

I know you'll want it to be Kougami, I know you'll want it to be Date, I know you'll want it to be Dr. Maki.

but Ankh is the best character. out of everyone.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
What Sano in both posts said is also accurate.