• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Kamen Rider +maybe weekly Drive updates

btw Q, you never did show us your reaction to episode 48 of W.

it's not like we are gonna make fun of you. we all cried on that episode.

I still tear up on Cyclone Effect Side B. evrytim.

EDIT:
yeah, I changed my username because I REALY get tired of the 420blaze-it joke that's SOOOOOOOOOO original and unused.

Last edited:
I never showed you because you didn’t want to know...

But oh well, better get it over with, my reaction was this:

e4vipqxe.jpg

Because I totally knew he would come back. That was the problem. With Takatora his "death"-scene is still heartbreaking even though we know the truth now, but with Double... he dies in the semi-last episode and comes back one episode later... that was lame.

;A; but, but, but, SHotaro's sad face!

they actually were crying while filming that episode.

vlcsnap-2010-08-23-23h17m45s5.png

this isn't acting! Shotaro's actor was legit sad during this scene!

and then he read the book! OH GOD PHILIP'S BOOK!

And then he jumps out of the robo-bird like "Hey bitches, I'm back! No one explained how I look like me again because I'm in my sisters body apparently but hey: I'm back!".

I would have enjoyed that if Philip wouldn’t have returned and Shotaro had to continue alone as Joker. I don’t say the performance was bad or cheap, but I cant enjoy it if I can tell in the same moment that he will be back anyways.

Oh god that new avatar of Sano's is, christ seeing Kaito's actor smiling is strange enough

And Worf, I have a lot of screenshots from Double just waiting to be used, one only for you. You will trigger it soon enough

I am intrigued, I have seen Double twice by now, so I am wondering what image it could be.

What do you mean I will trigger it soon ?

What do you mean I will trigger it soon ?

I don’t know if I should tell you, because it might slim the chances for me to use it. But it's not important anyway, just a character from Double saying something you say to me at times, I wait for the next time you do it and then I counter with the image :3

I don’t know if I should tell you, because it might slim the chances for me to use it. But it's not important anyway, just a character from Double saying something you say to me at times, I wait for the next time you do it and then I counter with the image :3

anime-phoenix-wright-470900.gif

What image could it be ?

20140325173837!Phoenix_Close_Up_1.gif

Wait could it be ?

20140706004942!Phoenix_Desk_Slam.gif

Medium_phoenix_wright_objection_.gif

Phoenix_Pointing_2.gif

Is it something to do with have you started watching through a rider series yet?

Nope. Its so subtle you cant notice it, but you will smile when I use it :3

Nice usage of Phoenix Wright by the way ^^

Okay I see well i guess it will just pop out when it say it.

Well one episode really isn't enough to make an opinion of it but what do you @Detective Q think to the kamen rider suit in OOO?

I like it because of the color-combinations and the animals behind them. And because some parts light up when he uses their power. It doesn’t look very rider-esque except the eyes but still cool.

Oh and by the way I had a good laugh regarding Beast again, I saw a demo of his lockseed and the thing says: „Misteeeeeeeeeeeeeer Mayonnaise!“ when you use it in a Bravo-like fashion. Brilliant.

Wait I think i figured out what it is.

Kamen rider wizard is not a good rider show, well at least I think it is and it is a thing I say to you alot.

Nope :3

It's not a specific sentence to a topic, it's rather something that you've said to me sometimes. Not even that often, only often enough to make me notice when a character in the show said it and screencap it.

I really shouldn’t have mentioned this, I can feel how much this grinds your gears :D

And all this build-up will make it seem childish when I do use it. Because it's really not that great.

Unfortunately you are right I have been trying to work out what it is, but I will not be dissapointed when it pops, due to how long I have been trying to think of it.

Probably would be best to not say when you are gonna do something like that because I have been trying to search for what i say and as a result might not say it.

Anyways slightly more on topic when is drive's first episode?

Also to @SanoBaron where are you at with Fourze at the moment?
dude, I have been lucky enough to finish Gaim. I have this english lit class and a methods of acting that require a ton of time and effort in them, and when I've finally gotten some free time to myself, I'm usually playing games instead of watching subbed stuff.

I'll definitely get back to Fourze soon though. I still know what happened in the episode I stopped on so it won't be hard for me to jump back in.

And then he jumps out of the robo-bird like "Hey bitches, I'm back! No one explained how I look like me again because I'm in my sisters body apparently but hey: I'm back!".

I would have enjoyed that if Philip wouldn’t have returned and Shotaro had to continue alone as Joker. I don’t say the performance was bad or cheap, but I cant enjoy it if I can tell in the same moment that he will be back anyways.
I was invested in the show way too much, because I literally had to stop the episode during the final dehenshin, and just cry for a minute.

I too knew that Philip would be back, but I also sympathized with these two characters. two best friends, an inseparable duo, bros. one willing to be the one to essentially pull the cord for the other out of respect. I love that scene. I will say expecting philip to come back probably does ruin it.

also, I can see why Philip came back in his own body and not his sisters cuz, you know, that'd be REALLY weird. and there's enough shipping of those two as is! don't encourage more of it!

Probably would be best to not say when you are gonna do something like that because I have been trying to search for what i say and as a result might not say it.

I was too excited to use it so I wanted to give it more meaning by announcing it. I should become a marketing guy for gaming, I can do it pretty good, ey?

But yeah dont wait for it, it might never come at all.

Anyways slightly more on topic when is drive's first episode?

This very weekend, same time as Gaim. Start your engine!

On a completely unrelated note: I've read an article sometime last week, Kouta's actor Gaku Sano and Drive's protagonist actor Ryoma Takeuchi where featured in a show where they do stuff together and answer questions from fans. And our new protagonist shared an awesome story: His uncle is a huge Kamen Rider-fan and broke out in tears when he found out his nephew would be the next Kamen Rider.

Kouta's actor also shared a cool story, he keeps an ordinary leaf in his wallet, a kid gave it to him when he met him on a production set for a new episode of Gaim, and told him how much he loves to watch Gaim. Gaku Sano kept it ever since because it helps him balance out and see the true importance of his work.

also, I can see why Philip came back in his own body and not his sisters cuz, you know, that'd be REALLY weird. and there's enough shipping of those two as is! don't encourage more of it!

Yeah... I wanted them to be a couple at first as well XD

ah okay I didn't really know that, well than I won't bug you about it in the future, though for me I want to see what other people think of my absolute favourite rider series.

Also you know your ending is divisive when you get people talking about it this much. I still don't have much problem with the way it was done in double but after Gaim I prefer how what happened in that with characters coming back than compared to other riders that have done that.

I will see what happens on the day that q reveals what that image is.

Also in more Rider trivia because Double has popped up alot and because I have been following more Super sentai, it turns out quite a few actors from some super sentai have been on double.

ah okay I didn't really know that, well than I won't bug you about it in the future, though for me I want to see what other people think of my absolute favourite rider series.
dude, it's fine. I'm just stressed about this one english lit class. the teacher does NOT like to make it easy.

Some characters should stay dead though, otherwise their whole actions go down the hatch and that stinks. If Kaito for example would've come back and given a second chance, I would be really mad. His death was perfect and deserved. I liked the little chat he had with Mai at the end, but he's still gone.

He will return in the movies to kick some ass and that’s fine, but in Gaim he's still dead.

And we can talk all day and night about Double because I love that show. By the way, I watched the movie that nearly got you into jail (;P) and I loved it. The Dopants created by Double's Gaia-Memory's are really cool. And the intro with Eternal in the Double-pose got a good a smile out of me.

The appearance of OOO was kind of half-assed and I'm happy they seemed to stop with that after Gaim's appearance in Wizard. I mean it's nice for kids to get a sneak-peak of the next Kamen Rider, but my inner nerd just screams: “Nonsense!”. That being said, it was kind of funny with the medal rolling against Double's foot and all.

I like how the movie was tied-in into the show (not like Gaim, alternate universe and all, although Kougane returns as Jam) and the end was really cool. The new form with the fairy-wings is kind of strange, but the way the wind activated the turbine inside the Xtreme-Memory was a nice throwback to Kamen Rider 1.

I will see what happens on the day that q reveals what that image is.

You will find a strange belt and become a hero, that's what will happen! :D

you guys have no idea what it was like to watch rider with chinasubs.

THE FAIZ GIRDLE!

Double movie is really good.

I have watched it again and due to the fact I have gone through OOO series it shows they didn't have Eiji's personality set in at that point fully.

What was your favourite fight in double by the way @Detective Q ?

Mine was the whole final battle against Terror dopant.

you guys have no idea what it was like to watch rider with chinasubs.

THE FAIZ GIRDLE!

Okay that sounds good, always seems like a cool thing to watch a series in a different format and see how it ends up.

the best final battle was Shotaro vs Utopia.

so manly and it proves why fedoras shouldn't automatically be associated with douchebags.

FEDORAS ARE MEANT FOR HARD BOILED MEN GODAMMIT!

What was your favourite fight in double by the way @Detective Q ?

Oh my, you ask me some hard questions... with Gaim I could tell because I have all episodes on my hard drive and I re-watch them almost often if I'm bored, but Double... they are all so good. What I can remember though are the first fight with Trial, that was a great finisher, and Xtreme because the fight in the river looked cool. And of course, Double vs. Eternal. That one was good too.

What I think is great about Double is that many fights are downright hilarious, I remember these more, cow-hand is the best example.

so, since you all have seen W all the way through.

I have sad news.

Weather's actor, Tomoyuki Dan, sadly passed away. :( october 10th, 2013.

RIP Perv-doctor :(

He played the role well, even if he wasn’t my most favorite character, it's still a shame he's gone already.

Wait seriously, the actor for weather has passed on, damn that sucks, I know it was a while back but still damn.

and yeah Double has many great moments towards it and then after you watch OOO we can also talk about the great stuff in that which there is a lot because in my opinion OOO is the most well thought out kamen rider.

I can't wait for Q to be like everybody else and have Ankh as their favorite character.

because it doesn't matter who you like, it will always be Ankh that you like best.

You're all wrong, my favorite character is vending-machine-motorcycle! A motorcycle with build in snacks and drinks, floating hand cant possibly beat that!

You have to wait until I change this fact though, I'm watching Black now :3

ah the Showa era how i missed have the youtube channel that had the majority to the showa era footage, I want to get back into Amazon, V3 and black which I feel i am really gonna like especially due to the fact that they are the complete rider series that they have all the video of.

Amazon

No no no, it's either AMAZON!

Or: A-MA-ZOOOOOOOOOON!

I watched some episodes of Amazon out of interest on biological Riders, and I really like this dude. He's like Mogli and Blanka, only much more amazon amazing. And he's a brutal one too, he rips his enemies apart and finishes them by splitting them in half with his rider chop. Fatality!

44701-20_large_3186.jpg

Last edited:
I have said it before and I'll say it again,

Amazon's idea of a finisher is completely disemboweling his opponent and just walking away while they bleed out.

and Amazon's not even the most violent one!

I assume you are talking about Shin because he is the only rider I can think of who is definitely more brutal than amazon, I haven't gotten through it yet because videos vanished from youtube but yeah Amazon is really good and i have read some of the kamen rider spirits manga and that is just even more amazing.

I currently think Believe yourself from Kamen Rider Agito is currently my favourite rider theme.

Also I noticed today Faiz has like little fang marks on mask, how did I never notice these before, well probably not so great video quality but i just really like this detail I only just noticed after looking at another image of him.

you gotta have am awesome theme if you're gonna rider kick god. Because when god needs to be reminded of justice, a good ol' fashioned rider kick is the the thing to cure what ails ya, AKA evil!

I actually got myself the baron figuart with the prop. Holy shit Baron's elbow and kneepads scare me because they can pop off at a moments notice.

also, I got a sengoku driver, and a couple rider lockseeds in my arsenal. Lemme just say, if god or shocker need a good ol' fashioned rider kick, I'll be prepared. >:3