• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Kamen Rider +maybe weekly Drive updates

look for one with red.

don't ask why, you'll want the one with red on it.

I have seen the prototype-design already :3

SHF released both versions, but that isn’t really the style of S.I.C, I think they will include small clip on stripes or something like that so you can display him as either version.

I can't say more because there's spoiler territory there.

and it is cool that Birth is getting some love.

tumblr_mfhwato4l21qeyvjyo1_500.jpg

Well...on Maki in OOO, he will lose ANY sympathy points you have for him very soon.

I hope the Dragonfruit Energy and Dark Apple Lockseeds are released at some point, even if just as Tamashii web exclusives.

ah man I this episode of Drive was glorious, and goddamn it there is already a week break this early.

I already know he is gonna gets type wild next episode but what has intrigued me most is Science lady picks up dimension cab in the end of the episode and Mr belt saying that Chase looks similar to proto drive.

the newest Drive episode was pretty good.

/n\ I still don't know how I feel about Drive. I just don't know guys.

@Cyberbeta could you please put that dr. maki stuff in spoilers? just in case Q hasn't gotten that far.
I thought I was being vague enough about him without giving any specifics or needing Spoiler Tags. Only way I could have been more vague was to not name the character.

I like Drive so far, it hasn't done anything to draw me off like Kabuto did with Tendou the god mode Souji or wasn't weirdly off putting like Wizard so I have good hopes for Drive.

I think one of the reasons I can say I like it now is that it making me feel sad for tiny toy cars.

That is just my thoughts, do you have any specific reason that you have that makes you uncertain about Drive @SanoBaron ?

I thought I was being vague enough about him without giving any specifics or needing Spoiler Tags. Only way I could have been more vague was to not name the character.

No worries man, you haven't spoilered me at all :)

I think one of the reasons I can say I like it now is that it making me feel sad for tiny toy cars.

Toys have souls too! Poor Vegas!

I already know he is gonna gets type wild next episode

I'm not so sure actually, we only see the Shift Car, not a silhouette or something. I think its like with Kiwami where the lockseed was introduced one episode before the actual transformation occurred,

but what has intrigued me most is Science lady picks up dimension cab in the end of the episode

That’s weird, isn’t it? I thought that maybe she is the one who builds Drive's gadgets, but it looks to dark and mysterious. Is she an undercover Roidmude?

and Mr belt saying that Chase looks similar to proto drive.

Not only that, he also remembered Chaser's human form. Maybe Machine Chaser is the Roidmude who killed Proto-Drive and stole his powers? Or is he Proto-Drive, but brainwashed?

I think with Chase I agree with the he was the form proto drive as we sort of see that Mr belt either was a human or transferred his conciousness into the belt or he created an AI, not sure which at the moment but this is what it seems.

I think it might be the case with Chaser as well.

I like Drive so far, it hasn't done anything to draw me off like Kabuto did with Tendou the god mode Souji or wasn't weirdly off putting like Wizard so I have good hopes for Drive.

That is just my thoughts, do you have any specific reason that you have that makes you uncertain about Drive @SanoBaron ?
I dunno. I guess it just hasn't caught my interests. I kinda liked the seriousness Gaim could have while being funny. I guess I also liked how there were so many different characters in Gaim, and being someone who loves characters over plot and action, Gaim appealed to me a lot with that.

I guess I'm just not used to the smaller amount of characters in Drive. I mean, I like Chaser, but he's kinda the only villain we've really seen. the two big roidmudes really haven't done much of anything as much as Chaser.

Well this has been moving at a decent speed, at least it wasn't slow to start as some other rider series have been.

For the villains well it has only been 4 episodes, it isn't really much time to establish everything yet.

yeah, but by the time episode 4 rolled by with Gaim though, they had even introduced Zangetsu and stuff.

I guess I also didn't feel too sympathetic for Dream Vegas since Dimension Cab WAS confirmed as a tire change for Drive.

I just don't know.

Given my previous experience with Rider series, I think I could say @SanoBaron that you are experiencing similar feeling to how I was feeling when I watched Wizard, if that makes sense.

I guess so. I never really stuck with a Rider series that I enjoyed till the end like I did with Gaim.

god dammit I hate this feeling so much. :/

I guess my problems with Drive as of so far is that some of the camera shots are weird, the fights are have like slowdown at some points, some of the moves are a bit gimmicky and for you you have mentioned you don't like the slowdown concept.

Even though I have these flaws with the series so far, I still like it mainly for good things like, Chaser is badass, setting up interesting mysteries, this series has made me feel bad for toy cars, Shinnosuke is actually badass.

But then some of these are my thoughts, you don't have to have a complete opinion of something new just yet.

I would wait it out, the first few episodes of W weren’t that great either.

you wanna know something I would like to see? a homage to G3.

just a dude in a power suit. man-made weapons.
"okay, what's your plan of action to take on this monster?"
"I'm gonna shoot it"
"and what if that doesn't work?"
"i'm gonna keep shooting it"
"and what if THAT doesn't work?"
"I'll keep shooting it"
"what if-"
"I'm going to shoot it until it's dead!"
"what if you run out of bullets?"
"I'll pull out a knife and use grenades as well"

Powersuits and weapons aren’t creative enough IMO.

I just want to have a cyborg again. The Showa-Riders always dropped lines like "they lost humanity" and stuff but the show never really cared about that. I haven’t seen the reboot-movies, they might have done it, but I just want a cyborg as a Rider again because cyborgs are the best.

I'm just saying, it's not creative, but it opens up the possibility of "this guy is so badass he can take on deity like monsters and win"

especially considering in Agito, there's like, 3 riders with the same deity like powers, and G3 is just the guy with guns and shit. and he actually gets some kills against the enemies. I can't help but root for him.

but yeah, a cyborg would also be cool to have again. and speaking of reboot movies, DO NOT WATCH THE NEXT! trust me, it's BAAAAAAAAD!

Given that I consider Faiz and Wizard as some of the weakest of rider series, how do the First and the Next movies compare to it ?

Shame, I really like the rebooted designs, especially V3 and Scissors Jaguar. By the way, I wouldn’t mind them doing a reboot show of the very first Kamen Rider on the 50th anniversary.

I havent seen the next, but I really don't want to after reading the plot synopsis.

spoilered in case you want to see the movie beforehand
the next has V3 punching his monster/demon/ghost sister (who just got it ROUGH in the movie) in the face and his character is rewritten from being sympathetic because his family was killed by Destron to being corrupted because nanomachines son. no, I am not making that up.

also V3's sister is a murdering ghost.

also Rider 2 dies.

I also said I only know from a synopsis. :P plus, when even guys like IkaDevil, the guy who is the most lenient of all Rider fans who partake in podcasts, says it's really bad, then it is probably that bad. and he even bought tickets to it, and is very lenient to movies like Super Hero Taisen.

I have seen The First and it was actually really good. I think V3's actor actually played Tachibana in The First.

I don't know who this dude is, but even if he's Jesus incarnate he can still be butthurt.

I watch the damn thing and make me a valid opinion.

Spoiler reaction from Sano's the next movie spoiler.

All I know of the first three Kamen riders was from what I watched from the first 5 or so episodes of V3 and the Sprits manga and from what I read there, no that is, no you don't do that, Bad writer, go back into your corner and think about what you did, you don't do stuff like that.

To go into actual specific, Nano machines really, Making Kazami's Sister evil Really, Killing off kamen rider 2 Really.

If you can't tell these spoilers make me want to watch this less than I want to watch Decade.

I'm not saying I don't have an opinion about it.

but like a lot of Rider movies, I have no idea when they'll be brought out on DVD, or if they'll have story elements in the main series like Gaim's last episode, so I always read several synopses of the movies just in case. from what I've read of the Next, it really doesn't sound like a good time.

XD and Igadevil isn't really the kind of guy to get butthurt. like, the most butthurt I have EVER heard him be was his reaction to Yoko's death. and he was just more "why?" than "this sucks" and he's actually not the only one who has.... less than positive thoughts about The Next.

sorry if I said anything that offended ya, Q. I didn't mean anything by it. I'm sorry.

EDIT:
worf, you might want to watch the movie if only for the post credits scene because it features the would be actor who would play Takatora.

Last edited:
Not even Takatora's actor in post credits is enough to make me watch that film given from what the spoilers you mentioned.

you know what, I do feel bad after getting @Detective Q angry, and as much as I know about what goes on in the movie, I will watch it, like, right now.

Who said I was angry? The evil-looking grin on my metal face might irritate you, but underneath I'm still the same.

Hope you enjoy the movie and hope it is not as bad as Faiz and or Wizard.

Well there are alot of good things about Wizard but it lets me down so much, at least it is better than Faiz.

A wise man once said:

"Even if you don't like Wizard, you gotta love Beast!"

Beast is one of the best parts of Kamen rider Wizard, it would massively improve Wizard if the main character was Beast and we follow his adventures and Haruto is the secondary rider.

Haruto had everything what a main Rider needs though... I even love the actor, he's such a cute little grumpy. And Beast was too much comedy to be the hero.

But still... Beast got the better boss fight, and the better end. There's just too much wrong with Wizard overall, but I still love it anyways. And with the secondary Rider you can really say they did everything right. The episode with Nito's grandma was awesome, the one with his college friend too. It's sad but Haruto's soccer episode, what should have been our big glimpse behind his fassade, sucked in comparision.

I will probably have a different opinion of Wizard after I watch it a second time but right now I will not start any rewatches of Kamen rider until I have completed decade which means I have to finish the other Heisei era riders first.