• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA New England thread - Not UK

this is tomorrow

cloud if we leave at 5 there is a very good chance we will not get there by 8. Probably like 9-10. and that that point idk if its worth going
Its 4 hrs from my house, it takes an hour for me to get to NY . I thought it would take about 3 hrs from NY. Unless my math is off

Its 4 hrs from my house, it takes an hour for me to get to NY . I thought it would take about 3 hrs from NY. Unless my math is off

you don't account for traffic

and there's usually traffic from my experience going there so idk

I won't be able to make it, to short notice for me and I'm on a tight leash with my parents right now :( Have fun everyone going!
What did you get grounded for being a skullfan?

Reactions: WarpedEcho
A New England thread I didn't know about? Well hello, my fellow east-coasters. I live near the city with redder socks and shittier accents than the other one, and I suppose I could come to that Game Underground eventually. I should probably try to be good at the game first.

A New England thread I didn't know about? Well hello, my fellow east-coasters. I live near the city with redder socks and shittier accents than the other one, and I suppose I could come to that Game Underground eventually. I should probably try to be good at the game first.

You should definitely come by even before you're good at the game. Especially since you apparently play solobella, @Zidiane can totally teach you the character.

So next week would be better? Cant leave until 5, 4 at the earliest. Work sucks :(

It would be better since then we'd have more notice and can get there earlier. I do want to make it to at least one of these ;c

You should definitely come by even before you're good at the game. Especially since you apparently play solobella, @Zidiane can totally teach you the character.
I used to, but I'm trying to branch out to more characters now.

It would be better since then we'd have more notice and can get there earlier. I do want to make it to at least one of these ;c

We honestly may not have this many next week, not to mention people seem more than willing to put ya'll up if need be. Hell, I'll even put up a person or two at my place if it means New Your comes up our way.

Not to mention, F U C K I N G C U P C A K E S. (Real Talk: If I seriously need more than a dozen, someone keep me posted. I'll get them made before I drive there.)

He is kinda right. Even if you're not good, we're a good bunch of guys to hang out with so it'll be worth your time regardless.

Duuuuuuuude if you wanna go you should go, this honestly would be a great week to go since for once everyone's gonna be there and you could meet everyone. Also shit man, when I decided to start going to GU for Mortal Kombat 9 I wasn't any damn good at that game, didn't matter, had fun and got to meet a lot of cool people. It's why I'm still going every week 3 years later.

Just throwing it out there that I already know for a fact that I can't go next week, and I don't know how often I'll be going to game underground. Might end up being weekly again, might be monthly, might be bi-monthly, I have no idea.

I pretty much stopped going because I couldn't stop taking fighting games wayyy too seriously and it was having a huge impact on my life and the people around me in extremely negative ways. I know myself and I can easily get obsessive about things, so unless I find that my attitude has magically changed I don't want to really commit to anything, ya know? I don't like how I was acting towards the people around me, and acting towards myself over a game. I don't want to get stuck in that loop again, which is why I removed myself from anything fighting game related.

I don't i don't I don't I don't I don't
since apparently I can't stop typing I don't

Just throwing it out there that I already know for a fact that I can't go next week, and I don't know how often I'll be going to game underground. Might end up being weekly again, might be monthly, might be bi-monthly, I have no idea.

I pretty much stopped going because I couldn't stop taking fighting games wayyy too seriously and it was having a huge impact on my life and the people around me in extremely negative ways. I know myself and I can easily get obsessive about things, so unless I find that my attitude has magically changed I don't want to really commit to anything, ya know? I don't like how I was acting towards the people around me, and acting towards myself over a game. I don't want to get stuck in that loop again, which is why I removed myself from anything fighting game related.

I don't i don't I don't I don't I don't
since apparently I can't stop typing I don't
S'all good man you do what you gotta do. If you only wanna head to GU once every other month I'll be glad we're hanging out that often.

It just got too real up in this thread so here's a pic to bring us back down to earth:

hqdefault.jpg

ReallyBored blew a tire while avoiding someone nearly side swiping him about an hour ago, so he'll be be busy dealing with that tonight.

YO good looks everyone last night :)
(and now I can say this with out feeling like an outsider)
HI ICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jack_nicholson_going_crazy-26036.gif

Reactions: Icky and dMags
Last night was great, but RIP New Your. It was cool meeting you Josh!

GGs to everyone last night, Icky great to finally see you again, Josh nice meeting you, Natezer you've improved your execution a ton since the last time we played, keep it up, Daydreaming Sorcerer TY for the cupcakes even though they had bees on them. Last night's tournament is now on Youtube check it out:

Reactions: Natezer and Icky
Never forget
I'm going to tell my grandkids about that.

I'm going to write a best selling novel about it called "My Greatest Failure: Mike Z Pls"

It will have a movie adaption, and when this scene happens it will be 15 minutes of dramatic music while showing what happened from like 100 different angles, all with different effects.

Then GU catches on fire and we die

Can we get a highlight of the controller shaking taunt combos?

Reactions: Icky
You guys better stop having fun while I'm not there...
:(

You guys better stop having fun while I'm not there...
:(
If it makes you feel any better, I had no fun. I was just having a serious of strokes that caused my body to move and act in strange ways

Next time we gotta get some dual commentating and some Steven Spielberg like camera angles. For added hype!!!

Reactions: Icky
I kinda don't think I should take two days off in as many weeks. Otherwise, assuming you could have picked me up, I'd have been there.

tbh I don't think new york is going to be there but idk yet. Might just be me not going

tbh I don't think new york is going to be there but idk yet. Might just be me not going
Oh, uh if there's not gonna be much of a turnout I may pass then. I mean I realize that's self fulfilling and I'm part of the problem etc but it's a 4 hour drive for me, sorta feels real bad to drive that far for an 8 man (even if there are two cakes)

Yeah that's why I'm warning you ahead of time. Shouldn't be up to other regions to add numbers to our events, but this weekend a lot of people are busy so the turn out looks low/none

Yeah that's why I'm warning you ahead of time. Shouldn't be up to other regions to add numbers to our events, but this weekend a lot of people are busy so the turn out looks low/none
Alright. Thanks for letting me know.

This weekend isn't good for me, but I'm def down to go to their next monthly assuming the dates work out