• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

One Piece

It's uh Flying Elastic SSJ4 Dankey Kang, not Gear 4th. But yes.

So it seems I can add Gear Fourth Luffy to reasons to catch up to One Piece?
Yes.

Man, that ain't fair, now all the animes are busting out crazy super modes I gotta see.
Didn't Bleach give Rukia a Bankai too?
Like that sounds so stupid but I gotta see it.

Gear Fourth is indeed amazing. Makes me wonder if Luffy was inspired by Bellamy's spring compression punches/kicks and a mix of Nightmare Luffy from the Thriller Bark arc.

And poor Law! Last chapter he was all "don't carry me away. If Luffy dies, I'm going to be here to die with him. I need to see this fight to the finish" and then Luffy sends Donflamingo into another ZIP code with one punch. So much for being there, the fight is now on the other side of town!

dw Luffy will just bunce him back to where the others are so Law can see

Also that, answering Doflamingo's question of why he is not deflating, he's not using the Armament Haki for armor, he's using it to prevent the air of coming out after his attacks.

RIP Suleiman,too bad he died.

Now I want to see Dellinger going down even more than bevore.

he didn't die, man
remember the series you're watching

O0o0O0o0o0oh, I thought that was later in May, huh.

Well,its true that it is rather hard for anyone to actually die,but still. This time it felt pretty fatal,dont know why

Here's a grand ol' question since we got no chapter to talk about this week: who do you think the 7th Warlord is? And don't fuckin' say Enel BECAUSE HE IS ON THE MOON AND NOT EVEN A PIRATE.

real time theories here
I think it's Don Krieg 9000
I don't think the 7th warlord will be someone we don't know
it needs to be a blast from the past
and Oda isn't one to not use old concepts in some way
and he's not about to pass up a cyborg duel between Franky and Krieg 9000
at least that's what i think

He sent the bitch flying across half the country with a single punch, holy shit.
Then left the guy wondering how he got there, it ws magical.

It's the pickpocket guy from his older WANTED story

I've heard some pretty good theories saying it's Bonney.

Bonney openly loathed the WG so she seems unlikely to me
granted, other Warlords have too, but she doesn't seem like the type to join
I still think it'll be a curveball
a blast from the past

I'd like to think it's Don Krieg but that's unlikely unless he's got a massive power up and char development, same for Kuro.

who needs character development when you can just become a mech

who needs character development when you can just become a mech

With Vegapunk's help it can happen, a mech so powerful he can actually be in the new world without getting his ass handed to him.

I'd like to think it's maybe a girl, not Bonney tho, because something about Bonney working with the government feels a little...off, like, it could happen but shouldn't.

Last edited:
upload_2015-5-14_13-16-33.png

What i gotta say about this week's chapter is that i loved it, i was specting some boring chapter about Zoro cutting the birdcage or some bs like that, Oda did not dissapoint, i love how he gave plot relevance to somo secondary character that almost no one cared for, the announcer Gatz, i like Zoro but he doesn't need anymore hype for the time being, specially after the hype he's got in the anime, what needs to be done now is to somehow make the 10 minutes pass swiftly but entertainingly so that they don't end up like the famous 5 minutes of Namek exploding.

Y'know, considering One Piece is my favorite anime, I would've gotten involved in this topic much sooner, but since I'm not so enticed by manga, I always felt I'd get spoiled coming into this topic. I dunno.

I'd say reconsider and read the manga. It is hundreds of times better than the anime. Better art and better pacing (of course, it goes as fast as you read). Sure, the anime has bursts of brilliance with some fantastic animation, but it is often slowed to den den mushi's pace by stalling and filler to stretch a couple chapters into one episode.

I'd say reconsider and read the manga. It is hundreds of times better than the anime. Better art and better pacing (of course, it goes as fast as you read). Sure, the anime has bursts of brilliance with some fantastic animation, but it is often slowed to den den mushi's pace by stalling and filler to stretch a couple chapters into one episode.

dafuq

I'm not going back to the beginning

Besides, I love the anime. They know how to pace it, it's acted so well, the action's very very exciting, and I started with the FUNi dub (up to after Water 7 but right before Enies Lobby) and I love how well they picked the actors for the dub.

I'm kinda in the same situation, I watched the anime up to Thriller Bark, then speed read the manga up to the middle of Fishman Isle
But I speed read and lost it.
So should I go back to the anime, or the manga?
The fuck do I do?