• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

I was more referring to the very little HP left thing. those are like, minor occurrences to me. like, even if they have low HP I can just take them out with my next pokemon. unless you use healing items which is super not fair because it should be your pokemon and nothing else Also, I never allow my pokemon to fight any type matchups I know they cant handle. I switch out so much.
Depends on the pokemon. For walls like Skarmory or Blissey, depending on the opponent their IV's are giving them more than one extra turn, and even with one it could be the difference between them getting a healing move off, or aromatherapy, or stealth rock, or whirlwind to force out a pokemon that you have a better match-up against. For Tanks, that extra turn is often the difference between defeating the entire enemy team or not. For passers, that turn is the difference between successfully passing stat boosts and not being a worthless team member.
You also need to realize that it's not just your bulk that gets better, it increases your offensive stats too. It's a double edged sword; when your opponent IV trained, you're not just taking a lot more damage, you're dealing a lot less, and all your pokemon are slower too. This affects your breakers a lot, since this can be the difference between them winning a match-up against They need it more desperately than anyone; that stat boost on a sweeper is often the difference between you winning the match right there or not- if you don't have the speed and power to defeat the pokemon you're up against in one hit before they get an attack off, your sweeper is probably dead, paralyzed, burned, or otherwise incapable of continuing. Any little bit you can get goes a long way.

k so you guys who wanted a chimchar keep an eye out for me (IGN is dave) @Rellek you need to add me still.

send me a trade request i have no idea what your game names are.

So how does the Masuda Method work exactly? I'm mass breeding Cottonees with an Australian Ditto. It won't be long before my boxes are full of nothing but cotton.

I have found there is only one thing about IVs I will even give a remote shit about

BAD IVs. only thing. have to see if I can get another Lucy.

I have found there is only one thing about IVs I will even give a remote shit about

BAD IVs. only thing. have to see if I can get another Lucy.
At that point you might as well optimize. Either go all out or stop caring, anything in the middle is probably a waste of time.

So how does the Masuda Method work exactly? I'm mass breeding Cottonees with an Australian Ditto. It won't be long before my boxes are full of nothing but cotton.
I am also curious. Right now I'm breeding my female Empoleon with a male Japanese Empoleon (which came from Unova, if this is relevant) for a shiny Piplup - am I doing something wrong?

the chances are STILL pretty low. it's the difference between one in one billion and one in one million

and you should use all the cotton to make warm clothing for the canadians... they need it right now

the chances are STILL pretty low. it's the difference between one in one billion and one in one million

It's actually 1 in 8,192 to encounter/hatch a shiny with nothing helping the chances.

It's 1 in 900 something doing the masuda method in X and Y

too late to edit it and put a "like" before the "the difference"

too late to edit it and put a "like" before the "the difference"

Well now you know the exact numbers :D (Minus the 900 something, they're still iffy on that. All I know is that it's lower than Gen V's 1 in 1,396.5)

Blogheart time

Finally managed to scrounge up a team of Pokemon with IVs I'm more or less satisfied with. After spending an entire weekend trying to get a good Scyther (dammit Ditto, stop passing on your Sp Atk IV!), I think i'll be done with breeding IVs for awhile. I just want to get to fighting already (after super training of course). I doubt this team will astound anybody but its a fun mix of mons that I haven't used before minus the eventual Scizor. Thanks again to MagicManCooker for Trevenant/Missile!

In other Pokenews, I just got my little Mega Bracelet in the mail. Nothing fancy but I like it; its tougher than it looks. The legit looking bracelet was $45 when I saw it - a little too pricey and not sometbing that would be for casual wear but it would look good for cosplay.

so i have WAY too many shroomish so i'm going to give them out here to anyone who wants them. all my 4IVs are free to give away, most have quick feet but i have a few with poison heal and a couple with effect spore. i also have 5ivs with quick feet and effect spore. my 5ivs you have to make an offer for though, not willing to give those away yet. all of my shroomish are adamant by the way. just reply to this post saying you want one and add my FC which is below this post

Blogheart time

Finally managed to scrounge up a team of Pokemon with IVs I'm more or less satisfied with. After spending an entire weekend trying to get a good Scyther (dammit Ditto, stop passing on your Sp Atk IV!), I think i'll be done with breeding IVs for awhile. I just want to get to fighting already (after super training of course). I doubt this team will astound anybody but its a fun mix of mons that I haven't used before minus the eventual Scizor. Thanks again to MagicManCooker for Trevenant/Missile!

In other Pokenews, I just got my little Mega Bracelet in the mail. Nothing fancy but I like it; its tougher than it looks. The legit looking bracelet was $45 when I saw it - a little too pricey and not sometbing that would be for casual wear but it would look good for cosplay.

Hey man I'll battle you :D Send me a pm whenever.

Hey man I'll battle you :D Send me a pm whenever.

Will do! I'll need another day or two to get my team up to snuff EV/evolution wise.

so i have WAY too many shroomish so i'm going to give them out here to anyone who wants them. all my 4IVs are free to give away, most have quick feet but i have a few with poison heal and a couple with effect spore. i also have 5ivs with quick feet and effect spore. my 5ivs you have to make an offer for though, not willing to give those away yet. all of my shroomish are adamant by the way. just reply to this post saying you want one and add my FC which is below this post

I'll take one of those 4 IV Shroomish with Quick Feet off your hands. If you're out of those now, Poison Heal is fine. FC: 4725 9349 4319

I'll take one of those 4 IV Shroomish with Quick Feet off your hands. If you're out of those now, Poison Heal is fine. FC: 4725 9349 4319
added. when will be the next time you can be online? and do you care about gender?

added. when will be the next time you can be online? and do you care about gender?

Well I'm on right now. If now doesn't work, tomorrow does. I can be on between 10 AM - 12 PM before I go to work, 2:30 PM before things get hectic, and 8 PM onwards.

I DID IT I GOT MY PERFECT LILLIGANT AFTER MONTHS OF TEARS.

I don't really know what to do with it. This was the worst idea ever.

Jeez that took a while. How actively were you working on it?

This thread reminds me that I need to get on that PokeBank thing...

I DID IT I GOT MY PERFECT LILLIGANT AFTER MONTHS OF TEARS.

I don't really know what to do with it. This was the worst idea ever.

Make more and share them with Skullheart.

Jeez that took a while. How actively were you working on it?

This thread reminds me that I need to get on that PokeBank thing...

pokebank hasnt been released outside of JAP yet dawg.

pokebank hasnt been released outside of JAP yet dawg.
Wtf, wasn't it supposed to release in December?

Wtf, wasn't it supposed to release in December?

yea it was but from what i heard they were having problems with both a massive influx of people using the service, plus the fact that it was still allowing hacked pokemon through so i think they are trying to fix that.

theres been no news on a release date yet.

Oh ok. I didn't get that memo. Whelp! I get more time to be lazy :P

Make more and share them with Skullheart.
Expect more lilligants by 2016.

I think it's amusing that they think they can still stop people from using pokesav... There's really no amount of DRM that's going to be able to tell a legit hack from a legit pokemon, either the pokesavs are going to slip through or optimized but legitimately obtained pokemon are going to give false positives. There is no good way to set this up.
They need to realize that most of the cheating would stop if they finished making getting optimized pokemon not shit. They took a big step, but they didn't take all the steps necessary, so legit hacks are still going to be necessary for a lot of people with less time on their hands to play competitive pokemon without showdown. What they really need to do is:
>All event only moves become egg moves.
>All previously learnable moves become egg moves.
>All in-game legendaries (and otherwise non-breedable non-baby pokemon) have perfect IV's (with some event versions having different spreads, like 0 speed for trick room or something.) Also, make it so there's some way to obtain every legendary from previous games with perfect IV's so that we don't have to go to older games and soft reset there to get good legendaries
>Possibly make the breeding process slightly faster, probably something like less egg steps since that part of the process is pretty much entirely arbitrary.
>Make the judge just tell us the IV's instead of this vague bullshit.
>Put total EV's on the stat screen next to the stat's actual number.
>Change how the game chooses the pokemon's hidden power.

Really just make sure that no one has to actually breed the pokemon they want in an old game (it's okay to make them trade up from an old game to get the move, but after they get it into x/y they should be able to breed there with its significantly less shitty breeding mechanics) and make it so that nobody ever has to soft reset to get good IV's. Soft resetting for shinies is still good.
Breeding should be difficult enough that trading is still a thing, but not so difficult that most people get fed up with it and just pokesav.

Can someone help evolve my Haunter so I can have Gengar?

>Possibly make the breeding process slightly faster, probably something like less egg steps since that part of the process is pretty much entirely arbitrary.
>Make the judge just tell us the IV's instead of this vague bullshit.
>flame body all day bro.
>its much easier to tell when you just learn what is a best IV and a bad IV. he only says so much and no kid playing pokemon for the first time will understand what he means by IVs. so no, its fine as is.

>flame body all day bro.
>its much easier to tell when you just learn what is a best IV and a bad IV. he only says so much and no kid playing pokemon for the first time will understand what he means by IVs. so no, its fine as is.
I know how breeding works. I flame body. It's that the actual walking around bit of breeding is an almost entirely arbitrary task that should either be minimized or replaced entirely. I think it was meant for pacing, but it's just a shitty system all around that makes in-game breeding 99% riding around on a bike because you have to take your egg on a walk before it will hatch for you. That's not a good system.
If you're breeding for anything but perfects, you have to whip out a calculator just to find out your exact IV's. You should not have to take out a fucking calculator just to figure out a stat of your pokemon.
I certainly hope that someone at game freak can figure out a way to inform the player about IV's. Because that's like game design 101. Actually, it's not even game design 101, you don't even have to know a thing about games to solve that problem. Here, I'll do it for them: "Hello! Some people call me the Pokemon Judge, because I have the power to judge a pokemon's potential! I just look at a pokemon and give it a score in each stat from 0 to 31 based on its potential! Would you like me to judge one of your pokemon?"
Not to mention that someone who doesn't understand straight forward numbers sure as hell doesn't understand what the judge is saying now.

I know how breeding works. I flame body. It's that the actual walking around bit of breeding is an almost entirely arbitrary task that should either be minimized or replaced entirely. I think it was meant for pacing, but it's just a shitty system all around that makes in-game breeding 99% riding around on a bike because you have to take your egg on a walk before it will hatch for you. That's not a good system.
If you're breeding for anything but perfects, you have to whip out a calculator just to find out your exact IV's. You should not have to take out a fucking calculator just to figure out a stat of your pokemon.
I certainly hope that someone at game freak can figure out a way to inform the player about IV's. Because that's like game design 101. Actually, it's not even game design 101, you don't even have to know a thing about games to solve that problem. Here, I'll do it for them: "Hello! Some people call me the Pokemon Judge, because I have the power to judge a pokemon's potential! I just look at a pokemon and give it a score in each stat from 0 to 31 based on its potential! Would you like me to judge one of your pokemon?"
Not to mention that someone who doesn't understand straight forward numbers sure as hell doesn't understand what the judge is saying now.
when the judge says "with stats like these they cant be beat" at the end, you have a pokemon with a perfect IV.

when the judge says "with stats like these they cant be beat" at the end, you have a pokemon with a perfect IV.
I know.
I said if you're breeding for any IV other than perfect or 0 then you need a calculator.

579045_528786267219054_462185833_n.jpg

What's that America? Still waiting for Pokemon Bank?

504.gif

Well suck it up! Do you know how many games I've had to wait for after they came out in the US?

Reactions: Jutsei
51f6aadf5a0e0.gif

Not our fault Australia's rating system for videogames suck!

What's that America? Still waiting for Pokemon Bank?

504.gif

Well suck it up! Do you know how many games I've had to wait for after they came out in the US?

this post actually belongs in the big band delayed for PC thread.

Reactions: Jutsei
this post actually belongs in the big band delayed for PC thread.
Good idea! Here's a prototype:

What's that Consoles? Still waiting for Squigly?

504.gif

Well suck it up! We had to wait over a year just to play Skullgirls at all!
What do you think?

Oh god, the Masked Dedede music was playing in a different tab, and it was in perfect sync with that gif

so if anyone wants to battle feel free to hit me up. as a warning i do play smogon OU so don't be surprised if you see second tier legendaries on my team for singles, and closer to VGC rules for doubles

Sooo you guys probably already know this but the bank is open for North America now.

And again I express this:

579045_528786267219054_462185833_n.jpg

Now my Eeveelution team can finally be complete!

Muhahahaha!