• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

My reaction to this.

4f6190c751cb23ded66ec4d96ffce305.png

I have to go now, my pre-order needs me.

Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be a NEW REGION like the trailer mentioned.

ANYTHING TO ESCAPE HOENN.

No, no I am not.

I'm still kind of salty about it.
But whatever.
I'm not gonna shit on people's hype.
I'm not a grump like that.

See? Jutsei's a good fan. When something he doesn't care for occurs, he doesn't vomit, he politely says that it doesn't goat his boat.

Some of us can learn. I'm actually not being specific about anyone, that's how you be a good fan, period.

If you didn't expect Gen 3 to ever be remade because of how "bad" it is, you're fooling yourself.
Never said I did, I was more so dreading an inevitable event than fighting against it.

See? Jutsei's a good fan. When something he doesn't care for occurs, he doesn't vomit, he politely says that it doesn't goat his boat.
Hey now
Vomiting is a natural human reaction
I can't help it

Some of us can learn. I'm actually not being specific about anyone, that's how you be a good fan, period.
I said what had to be said about as politely as I could have as I said, I edited that original post multiple times because I thought it sounded too cynical. Ruby and Sapphire garner some of my worst childhood memories and I think it's okay to be upset about a game built around reliving them.
Although if being a good fan to you is never complaining and just standing by no matter what happens then you don't have a good definition of fan. It's as much a good fan's duty to be excited about the series as it is to be critical of it- after all, it's never going to get any better if you aren't.

I actually agree with Horseman on that last point. Unfortunately I stopped playing Pokémon after Black & White because I never wanted to drop the dough for a 3DS, but this might change my mind. I hope they completely redesign the characters though, I'm sick of Ms. Bandana Bike Shorts.

Reactions: Horseman
Hmm, I never played the original Hoenn games, so this'll be interesting if I get a 3DS (i'd probably get X or Y first though, and that's after Smash Bros. 3D.)

It'll be interesting to see how the fights change now thanks to Fairy-types being a thing.

I said what had to be said about as politely as I could have as I said, I edited that original post multiple times because I thought it sounded too cynical.
Vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit.

very polite and non-cynical indeed.

Reactions: Goodbye18000
Yeah I haaaaate shorts, I only wear them when I work out. No joke, my least favorite male protagonist is the one from Gold/Silver because he wears shorts.

well, I too am not fan of male protagonist from G/S, mainly because he feels too plain compared to others.

and I like compression shorts May. and dat bandanna is hella cute

My personal favorites will always be the trucker dude and biker chick of Gen 5
something about their design just gel with me

Reactions: DDB
One trend I've noticed that I'm enjoying is that the protagonists seem to be getting older.

Reactions: juju_for_president
Yes, it couldn't possibly be fanart.

Don't mess with me man, i'm still salty about the GS Ball. :PUN:
everyone is salty about the GS ball. Piece o' shit plotpoint that went nowhere.

Oooooooh boy.
Some people are taking this as a sign Sceptile is playable in SSB4.
You got Greninja, ain't that shit enough?
I mean, I'm not against it, but...
Hell no, just make him treecko. Treecko's line gets worse as you go up.
Although the best choice would be snivy. Or just bring back Ivysaur, that's good too.

snivy is literally the worst grass starter
even chikorita laughs at how shitty Snivy is

snivy is literally the worst grass starter
even chikorita laughs at how shitty Snivy is
Until we get Contrary Snivy, that is.

The starters don't matter, it's their final evolutions that matter, and Serperior is pretty fucking rad.

But can we catch Jirachi this time? There hasn't been a Jirachi event in forever.

Curse that hiker.

CURSE HIM.

I just... I want to name it Annie... is that so bad?

The starters don't matter, it's their final evolutions that matter, and Serperior is pretty fucking rad.
lord no
I would sooner wish death on a man then I would Serperior on them

Reactions: DDB
I am going to catch a Poochyena and name him Beowulf. I don't care that they're based on Hyenas and not Wolves, it's the best I've got.

I am going to catch a Poochyena and name him Beowulf. I don't care that they're based on Hyenas and not Wolves, it's the best I've got.
no ...... Need Mightyena -more epic-

I hope that if they add more MegaEvolutions in ORAS (they will)
that Gen 5 actually gets some this time

fucking bullshit that we didn't get any Gen 5 Megas
I mean they had a fucking giant ancient transforming robot golem
that's just screaming for a Megaevolution

I'm getting very mixed reactions from people about this. I told my sister about the Gen 3 Remake and she screamed, but when I told one of my friends he got super pissed off.