• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

Annielution

(Jirachi)

I hope that if they add more MegaEvolutions in ORAS (they will)
that Gen 5 actually gets some this time

fucking bullshit that we didn't get any Gen 5 Megas
I mean they had a fucking giant ancient transforming robot golem
that's just screaming for a Megaevolution
Isn't the cover mega groudon/kyogre? Unless they're redesigning them to give them glowing alpha/omega marks.

1382330540895.jpg

My little sister just got a 2DS and I want to get her into Pokémon. What gen do you think would be best to start her off with? Four, five, or six?

My little sister just got a 2DS and I want to get her into Pokémon. What gen do you think would be best to start her off with? Four, five, or six?

Six is apparently a really good introductory game to the series. It's also the easiest game in the series, so it's pretty good for little kids.

Reactions: Ktulu
Six is apparently a really good introductory game to the series. It's also the easiest game in the series, so it's pretty good for little kids.

I was leaning towards gen 6 for her. Just wanted to know if anyone thought starting out on an older gen was better for the experience or something.

yeah 6 has a lot of way to make the game easier so any can really play it

Probably Gen 6, but if you go with that, get her to use the Exp. Share. I played most of Pokemon Y without Exp. Share on, and I actually found parts of it fairly difficult. More importantly, introduce her to Pokemon Amie as soon as possible. No mortal can resist the overwhelming power of petting their Pokemon.

On an unrelated note I finally para-swagger trolled some random person with my shiny Klefki. I think Klefki just sky-rocketed up to my Top 5 favorite Gen 6 pokes.

On an unrelated note I finally para-swagger trolled some random person with my shiny Klefki. I think Klefki just sky-rocketed up to my Top 5 favorite Gen 6 pokes.
Swagger is banned.:PUN:
I still like dual screen klefki better though.

Swagger is banned.:PUN:
I still like dual screen klefki better though.

I can see why, it's way too fun to be legal. It gets even more hilarious combined with Foul Play. Even though I have a Carbink for dual screens, how does that setup work with Klefki?

I need to stop stalling and hatch myself a shiny Carbink now.

I can see why, it's way too fun to be legal. It gets even more hilarious combined with Foul Play. Even though I have a Carbink for dual screens, how does that setup work with Klefki?
My moveset is Light Screen/Reflect/Spikes/Foul Play. Priority screens make klefki really durable, spikes are just a move to set up when you have a turn to spare, foul play is so you have an attacking move that doesn't suck. Spikes can be replaced with toxic or thunder wave if you want.

My moveset is Light Screen/Reflect/Spikes/Foul Play. Priority screens make klefki really durable, spikes are just a move to set up when you have a turn to spare, foul play is so you have an attacking move that doesn't suck. Spikes can be replaced with toxic or thunder wave if you want.

That setup actually sounds a bit better than my Carbink one because of Prankster. Unfortunately, I'm too attached to my illegal T-Wave/Substitute/Swagger/Foul Play Klefki to give it a try lol.

I was leaning towards gen 6 for her. Just wanted to know if anyone thought starting out on an older gen was better for the experience or something.
gen 5 is great for sharing that "this is the first gen ever" feel because of the lockout.

Gen 5 was cool. Gen 4 will always be my favorite. Always. I loved the music you'd hear in Eterna forest, and how they introduced the best Pokémon, CRESSELIA! I could go on and on.

Gen 5 was cool. Gen 4 will always be my favorite. Always. I loved the music you'd hear in Eterna forest, and how they introduced the best Pokémon, CRESSELIA! I could go on and on.
Please do, as I can only think of 3 good things about 4th gen; which being that I like 4 pokemon from it (which isn't saying much when you think about it), the damage system was changed to make sense, and in platinum the gym leaders and elite 4 weren't chained to the wall acting only as obsticals to beat.

Both statements are wrong, Zen.

Best gen is 5, best champ is Diantha.

Diantha? Is that the XY Champ?

yes
and she's a fucking pushover
I mean she gets points for being based off of Audrey Hepburn
but she's a pushover
I beat her, like, 10 levels under

a lot of people say Cynthia was one of the best, and I say she's one of the most well written champions I have seen. she loves pokemon not just as a competitive thing but also the mythology of it.

but, best champion will always be subjective. like, I know some people who say Steven is the best, Alder, or even Blue. we all have our champions we love.

Cynthia's no pushover, she'll kick your shit in.

Please do, as I can only think of 3 good things about 4th gen; which being that I like 4 pokemon from it (which isn't saying much when you think about it), the damage system was changed to make sense, and in platinum the gym leaders and elite 4 weren't chained to the wall acting only as obsticals to beat.
  • Made getting Pokémon from past gens a thing
  • Had some great music (the snow route on you're way to Snowpoint City is a good example)
  • Pokétech means that I don't have to go look at my team to see how healthy they were, it also had a daycare app which made things easy when it came to breeding
  • The villains actually felt like villains
  • In Platinum, Giratina's area actually felt creepy
  • The champion was fuckin' boss
(These are extremely opinionated)

Oh dude, I love Gen 3 but I can barely even remember who the champion was, (it was Steven, right?)
Cynthia's gotta be the best champion, hands down.

Reactions: Ktulu and Denizen
gen 3 had 2 different champions.

Steven was in Ruby and Saphire, while in Emerald it was a man named Wallace.

EDIT:

the problem is that Cynthia is the only memorable character of the final bosses. like, does anyone even remember Flint? or Aaron?

Yeah but Audrey Hepburn.

Reactions: Denizen
I remember the E4 in gen 4. I don't remember gen 3 because I was so young.

gen 3 had 2 different champions.

Steven was in Ruby and Saphire, while in Emerald it was a man named Wallace.

EDIT:

the problem is that Cynthia is the only memorable character of the final bosses. like, does anyone even remember Flint? or Aaron?

Who the fuck even is Wallace, wasn't he the gym leader in Sootopolis?
He was actually, in Ruby and Sapphire, I guess he was just so recognizable???

Actually I think Steven/Wallace and whoever the hell was the champion in Black and White were the only really unmemorable ones.
Iris was cool though.

Diantha was awesome.

Blue and Lance are pretty memorable too.

I at least remember Phoebe and Drake from Gen 3.

Phoebe was cute and she used ghosts so I liked her.

and Drake was just a badass captain. he looked like he would kick anybody's ass outside of a pokemon battle.

Alder's an odd case considering you don't actually fight him during the main story
i mean he gets his shit kicked in by N beforehand
so I guess
N is the champion, in his own weird way.
but alder is a rad character and I'd hang with him (plus he's a bug trainer. bug type represent)

Alder doesn't even have the best bug from gen 5 though.

galvantula.jpg

bug representation my ass!

Reactions: TechPowah
Luckily I made up for that by having, like, 8 Joltiks and Galvantula
I probably shouldn't had that many but I did

Cynthia and Alder, I'd go down with that ship. Badass Adults.

Luckily I made up for that by having, like, 8 Joltiks and Galvantula
I probably shouldn't had that many but I did
you can never have too many of these little badasses.

tumblr_lysef5f66S1qczibyo1_500.gif

595.png

Cynthia and Alder, I'd go down with that ship. Badass adults.
but alder literally looks old enough to be Cynthia's dad!

Who the fuck even is Wallace, wasn't he the gym leader in Sootopolis?
He was actually, in Ruby and Sapphire, I guess he was just so recognizable???
I can't stand Wallace personally. Dude's team gets wrecked by Grass and Electric, with two members weak to both, one that gets hit x4 by the former, and another that gets hit x4 by the latter. Trainers in Hoenn must be wack or something, cause how do you go from a Champion like Steven who has a (somewhat) solid team to Wallace's train wreck?