• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

GOOD TO KNOW THAT GROUDON AND KYOGRE ARE IN THE GAME.

THE WATER LEVELS MUST HAVE RISEN.

GROUDON WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ON A LITTLE ISLAND BUT HE WAS CLEARLY SUBMERGED.

WE GOTTA RAISE THE WATER LEVELS
EVEN THOUGH WE'RE ON AN ISLAND
THIS IS A REALLY WELL THOUGHT OUT PLAN

All I ask for is if Ludicolo does get a Mega evo that it does another 360 in its design just so it keep the pattern of silly to alright to silly and back to alright. That and mega Xatu

Emerald in a nutshell:
tumblr_n5djryS7px1r8ewado3_500.png

tumblr_n5djryS7px1r8ewado2_500.png

tumblr_n5djryS7px1r8ewado1_500.png

Guys! I caught a shiny Gurdurr today! And it had a decent nature! You know what that means!

IT MEANS ALL OF ITS BEST MOVES ARE BREEDABLE OR TRANSFERABLE ONLY

Guys! I caught a shiny Gurdurr today! And it had a decent nature! You know what that means!

IT MEANS ALL OF ITS BEST MOVES ARE BREEDABLE OR TRANSFERABLE ONLY
Oh shut it. My first shiny was a stupid two scoop I've cream cone. You can at least do something with yours.

I've been playing pokemon for 10 years, and I still haven't ever encountered a shiny.
I got the Pokerus, which, apparently, by some cruel twist of fate, is RARER than Shinies.

Oh shut it. My first shiny was a stupid two scoop I've cream cone. You can at least do something with yours.
Eh, I don't know. Conkeldurr is pretty crappy without Knock off or the elemental punches. And even worse without Drain Punch or Mach punch.

5 shinies and I've been playing since before there were even such a thing.

The first was a Budew in Diamond when I was screwing around with the PokeRadar.
The second was a randomly-encountered Rattata in HeartGold.
The other 3 came from X. The third shiny, my all-time favorite, a Murkrow in a horde that popped up THE DAY AFTER I gave up on shiny hunting.
The fourth shiny was a Clauncher from when I was trying the fishing chaining method.
And the latest shiny was a Gabite from Friend Safari.

Can someone explain to me what the hell is Pokérus?

Um, Pokérus?
It doubles effort values, and I'm pretty sure it gives a boost to experience gained.

Edit: You know, I would say ninja'd, but I had to wait two minutes to post this, so eh

Why have I never heard of this before.

Why have I never heard of this before.
Well the chance to get it is 1/3 the chance to get a shiny and it has little visual indication in battle, so it's not surprising you're unfamiliar with it.

Too bad Pokerus doesn't effect EVs gained from Super Training. I've gotten it on at least three save files and now I feel like most of the special-ness of it is gone.

As for Shinies:
My first was a Golduck in Silver inside Mt. Silver. I killed it on accident.
Second was a Ponyta in Soul Silver outside of Mt. Silver. I caught it.
Third was a Cacnea that hatched out of an egg in Platinum.
Fourth was a Skiddo I found on Route 5 in X. I really like using it.
Fifth was a Hoothoot I found in the National Park when I was replaying Heart Gold.
And lastly was a Rattata in Sprout Tower. Also Heart Gold.

Also, does anyone have a Venipede, Shuckle, Sableye, or Tyrogue (or any of it's evolutions) with their Hidden Ability?

Too bad Pokerus doesn't effect EVs gained from Super Training. I've gotten it on at least three save files and now I feel like most of the special-ness of it is gone.
But regular EV training is much faster than super training. The hordes, man. The hordes.

I RNGd a shiny Oddish for a little girl after I heard she called her dad crying because she found a shiny Oddish but she didn't have any Pokeballs.

Hit me right in the feels.

let's see shinies in my pokemon history are
pidgey psyduck tentacool zangoose(It was in safari I didn't catch it shocker) Marcargo and a Furfrou. All the others I have are from trades

Only shiny I ever got was a Machamp in Pearl. I got Pokerus around the same time and started spreading it too other Pokemon. I have about 20 of them with it.

I helped my brother catch a shiny Roselisa, and my sister gave a Dialga with Pokerus.
And for you guys that don't know much about Pokerus, Pokerus is a small ingame virus that causes stats to increase faster than usual. It usually lasts for about four days, and is transferable throughout the party. It can be kept permenantly if the infected Pokemon is kept inside the PC. After four days the virus goes away and can no longer be spread, but the Pokemon still keeps the effects of Pokerus. It is also as rare as a shiny Pokemon.

The virus is only picked up from wild Pokemon, I believe.

Only two in my shiny history: a Lickitung which I caught and a Happiny which I bred.
Both from X and both were accidental! Guess I'm just lucky.

Reactions: jam1220
Aren't Shiny Pokémon easier to get in X and Y? If they are then that's some major bullshit.

easier sure but still takes work to do

The shiny probability was doubled in X/Y, but that still leaves it at a 1/4096 chance, barring the Masuda method.

Never got a shiny ;(
And I have played pokémon since Red and Blue came here in europe!

My first one was a purple Traumato/Drowzee in Pokémon Gold, I thought it was a bug since no one knew what shiny's were back then, even with the red Gyarados around we didnt knew every other Pokémon had an alternate color palette too.

But I cant remember having caught a shiny for a long time, last one was probably back in Gen. III.

But what's the point

is Hoenn so bad that one remake couldn't fix it and it needs an update to the remake of the update

But that dosnt make any sence, with Heartgold & Soulsilver they just added the content from the third game into it so there is no need for releasing a "Ghostcrystal".

Shit... I hoped they would do the same with Omega & Alpha. Now what do I do? Wait? I really want the stuff from Emerald like the Battle Frontier... if that stuff isnt already in Omega & Alpha when it launches, I'll wait for Delta.

But that dosnt make any sence, with Heartgold & Soulsilver they just added the content from the third game into it so there is no need for releasing a "Ghostcrystal".

Shit... I hoped they would do the same with Omega & Alpha. Now what do I do? Wait? I really want the stuff from Emerald like the Battle Frontier... if that stuff isnt already in Omega & Alpha when it launches, I'll wait for Delta.
There's not any guarantee of delta emerald. It wouldn't be the first time a company registered a trademark and never used it.
Hell, valve has had the half life 3 trademark for like 2 years now.
Most of the time when companies register a trademark it's to keep the option open, even if that option is extremely unlikely. It's not a confirmation of anything but "they thought about it for a moment."

Reactions: Denizen
Then there's still hope. I've always hated the tertiary games of Pokémon because they always tend to be better than the first two and they make me feel like I've wasted my money. So I always wait for the tertiary game to come out before buying a new generation, but that waiting really sucks.

Could also be that Delta isnt just the third edition like Emerald was, but a sequel like Black 2 & White 2. Set in the same world, but plays after the others and has a lot of new stuff. If that happens I'm fine with it.

EDIT: A friend of mine just told me that Nintendo also trademarked "Waterblue" when Firered and Leafgreen where announced, yet that game never happened. They also trademarked Pokémon Crimson, Pokémon Purple, Pokémon Scarlet, Pokémon Brown & Pokémon Grey when Black & White were made, so it seems pretty clear that the trademark of Delta Emerald is just for safety reasons, I think that game will never happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Denizen
I fought a shiny Kyogre once in Emerald. But it got out of all my Pokéballs...