• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

Gen 5 gets no love.

At least I can tell that the hat is a hat this time on the male trainer...

I liked it better when I thought it was a headband.

All that Golurk love a page ago makes me happy I went out of my way to get a shiny one.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
And do any of you guys have a Clamperl with Shell Smash and a Deep Sea Scale? I want a Gorebyss with Shell Smash on my team really bad.
I don't have one right now, but I could get you one (without its hidden ability). What nature and IVs do you want. Also, do you want any egg moves?

Joltik and Galvantula are shitty bug types and Zen always tells the truth.
mr-t-crying.gif

Reactions: DDB
I think I'll have to resurrect my DSi and play at least once Gen 4 and 5.

All I have a Prism scale(to get Milotic), a Celebi and all the starters 3rd evolutions
I'm not really an hardcore gamer, so...

Btw your friend codes, people?

I got payed the other day so I have money for a 3DS, I'm just waiting on my sister's half of the cash.

By the way should I get a regular 3DS or a 3DS XL?

Every DS version I recommend the XL. Feels better while holding it.

Though it may have less battery life. So I guess it depends on how often you are away from a charger

How big are you Colossi? The preference for either version might change with the size of the person.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
I don't have one right now, but I could get you one (without its hidden ability). What nature and IVs do you want. Also, do you want any egg moves?
Calm nature, EVs 252 HP / 68 SpD / 188 Spe. Female if possible. It just needs Shell Smash and Baton Pass. Thank you so much!

I got payed the other day so I have money for a 3DS, I'm just waiting on my sister's half of the cash.

By the way should I get a regular 3DS or a 3DS XL?
the standard has a faulty design where the bottom screen scratches the top screen. I say get an XL. I would also recommend the 2DS because same screen temperatures, and no faulty screen problems.

I haven't tried the 3DS XL, but the 2DS feels nice. The standard feels small to me, and I have dainty hands. If you can, feel the different models out to see which one feels best.

Reactions: SanoBaron
I haven't tried the 3DS XL, but the 2DS feels nice.
I was going to tell Sano to shut up about the 2DS, but now I'm a little more open to the idea.
Ktulu, what are the pros and cons of a 2DS? Keep in mind that you're talking to someone who previously thought that the 2DS was just a cheap and durable piece of crap for children.

Last edited:
I was going to tell Sano to shut up about the 2DS, but now I'm a little more open to the idea.
:/ you were the one who asked us and I gave my recommendation just like everyone else.

Oh wait never mind, I can just look the chart that Chicken posted.
:/ you were the one who asked us and I gave my recommendation just like everyone else.
Sorry Sano, I just value Ktulu's opinion much more than yours.

Reactions: Ktulu and DDB
well then...
mio_chan_3_by_jaegirlsdeviant438-d7euc9j.gif

EDIT:
I am right about the bottom screen scratching the top screen. its a huge problem because the top screen shows more on it than the bottom which means you get a scratch border on all 3DS games and it sucks. I should know, I suffer from this problem too....

Last edited:
@Denizen The buttons on the 2DS just feels less cramped than the Standard. There's more room for your thumbs, and it's work well for my little sister (who it belongs to) and myself. I hope to get an XL soon, since I feel like the Standard isn't as comfortable to hold as I'd like (and I still want that 3D). I feel like the only downside to the 2DS is that it won't fit in your pocket since it doesn't fold, but that's kind of the reason it feels so nice to hold.

Reactions: Denizen
I have heard though that the 2DS can fit in SOME pockets actually.

I at least know Liam of the best friends zaibatsu is able to get his 2DS, with the case, in his pockets.

any gen with fossil types are always my favorite they rock

Almost all of Gen 1 Pokémon are just normal animals with an element or clever names. But nope, Gen 5 is the uncreative one.

Reactions: Agent York
For my 3ds the screen scratch doesn't happen. The circle button is in rubber and it's the highest element inside, so everything else doesn't touch

doesn't happen to mine
and my 3ds falls all over the place like some kind of anime klutzy girl

the thing is I also will quickly shut mine. I've also had mine for about 2-3 years now.

just saying, these problems can exist.

I love the people who use a hand-full of "Object-mon" Pokes from Gen 5 as their argument that Game Freak was running out of ideas/the Gen sucked, despite the fact that Gen 5 was full of awesome and unique designs, both visually and competitively for its Pokemon. I'd say that out of all the Gens, 5th probably has the largest number of Pokemon that I like/love compared to any other.

I had the same problem that Sano had when I bought mine around a month before the price drop, it was so bad that the screen scratched and I was being extra careful with it to. But because it was still under warranty and I googled to find out that people were having the same problems, as apparently first shipped 3ds had some kinda fault with their top screen bumpers, I sent it to nintendo to get it fixed. Now other than smudging where the touch screen is, which is easily wiped up by using the bottom of my shirt, I haven't had any problems with it. For me the screen size is fine and I can easily wrap my hands around it and fit in my pocket, so I'm happy with it.

Reactions: SanoBaron
I guess it's a problem in the first models! Shouldn't be there in the new ones.