• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

tumblr_n6to9qi7Mu1s4wb4yo1_500.png

Reactions: Ktulu
Yea, that happens to my 3DS. But I stopped caring, what's done is done.

Prehistoric Groudon is confirmed Ground/Fire dual-type, and the stat that rises significantly during the evolution is his attack stat.

That sucks. He gets even more bodied by Kyogre now (or any water type for that matter), and now that he has stab on fire moves + the always awesome instant solar beam, his attack stat is what rises even further? Fuck.

But the history on him is pretty cool, in his powered up ancient form hot magma is pouring out of his body that makes him shine even brighter and he grows a lot. Kyogre grows twice in size too.

Seems like the abilities of these two will also change, I heard they will be more drastical.

They don't even need to become drastic, when you think about it. Both of them have a weather related ability on start. All they need is an ability that is directly linked to their non-mega ability.

Kyogre comes in, rain starts. He megas, and gets swift swim, or something else.

Same with Groudon.

Mega-Sceptile's tail is a missile?!? That was unexpected...

From Gentlemanbones

Team Magma: Humanity owes a great deal of cultural development to the invention and growth of agriculture. By spreading landmass using volcanic means - as historically, volcanic soil is heavy in nutrients and therefore ideal for agriculture - we can provide better care for the people of this region, new homes and environments for wild fauna and people alike, and have more room for agricultural and developmental pursuits.

Team Aqua: SHIVER ME TIMBERS, SWIMMING IS A LOT OF FUN

so, one team is a bunch of nerds

the other is a bunch of dorks.

so, one team is a bunch of nerds

the other is a bunch of dorks.

Who's who?

YOU decide.

Reactions: Denizen
so, one team is a bunch of nerds the other is a bunch of dorks.
When you put it that way it makes Team Magma look a little better and Team Aqua look a little worse, thus balancing the two and making me feel better about buying Omega Ruby. Thanks I guess?

I'd still much rather be a dork than a nerd.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
How awesome would it be if Ancient Kyogre got Swift Swim? Drizzle > Ancient Devolution > Swift Swim would be sick.

Please, tell me it's not confirmed Steven will have a Mega Charizard X and the pic on charizard is just for showing a mega evolved pokemon!
It's not that I dislike Charizard. But it doesn't feel Steve that should only have his original team. Would be nice seeing a Mega Metagross instead of only seeing Mega Aggron!

Well, it is a level 100 mega Charizard. So even if it is his, it might just be an after game thing where he goes "surprise!" and then throws a level 100 Charizard at you.

(In the leaked magazine is where it shows the level)

Well, it is a level 100 mega Charizard. So even if it is his, it might just be an after game thing where he goes "surprise!" and then throws a level 100 Charizard at you.

(In the leaked magazine is where it shows the level)
Where does it say level 100? Is it this page?
corocoro7145.jpg

Yeah, look very closely on the picture of Mega Charizard

it's probably just to show off how cool mega evolution is again

Well, hard to see if it is level 100. But you can see it's an female. And 99% of the time, guy trainers only have guy pokemons and female trainers only have female pokemons. And last time I checked, Steven wasn't a gurl. *fingers crossed*

He'll probably use it once for demonstration but not on his real team. He will probably have a Mega-Aggron on his team, but I hope he will have a Mega-Metagross. Metagross is awesome and its his signature Pokémon, it should get a mega evolution.

Reactions: Metafogos
So Mega Sableye is a thing. I wonder what it's ability is going to be? I'm going to guess something defensive, since he's hiding behind a giant gem.

megasableye2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jam1220 and Ktulu
He'll probably use it once for demonstration but not on his real team. He will probably have a Mega-Aggron on his team, but I hope he will have a Mega-Metagross. Metagross is awesome and its his signature Pokémon, it should get a mega evolution.

Metagross is the Steven's signature pokémon.... is very strange he trades him for a Mega Charizard. I'm waiting for a Mega Metagross :D

The new "Devolution" to the Legendary can be a good idea. In the Pokémon history, a lot of pokémons are Uber powerful, creators of Continents, Oceans, Time, Space... (and not talking about Arceus alone), but can be actually get and not show all this "ancient" power. Now I think this pokémons will all get the Primal form. Others like Mewtwo and Genesect (maybe Deoxys) can get a Mega Form only, most because their not have an ancient history.

Last edited:
So Mega Sableye is a thing. I wonder what it's ability is going to be? I'm going to guess something defensive, since he's hiding behind a giant gem.

megasableye2.jpg
Wonder Guard?
:PUN:

Wonder Guard?
:PUN:

Translating...
So he will be only hurt by faeries :PUN:

(sorry pals... posting in a BR forun at same time... forget swich the language button :PUN:)

Last edited:
Ai ele apanharia só de Fadas :PUN:

I understood all of that except for "Fadas." My Portuguese has gotten poor.

tumblr_n6yrd4LzIj1ruyj56o1_1280.png

tumblr_n6yrd4LzIj1ruyj56o2_1280.png

Map comparisons
quite a few curious new additions (and a few hidden areas it seems)

Glad to see diving is still gonna be relevant in the game.

Hey, wasn't there something with Banette's mega ability not activating the turn it mega evolves? Does that happen with other Pokemon?

Because Sableye already has prankster, I'm wondering if something wacky might happen if something similar happens.

megasableye2.jpg

Ah crap... I wanted a real evolution for Sableye, but I guess this will do too :)

EDIT: Just watched some awesome artwork that Nintendo has released, and on the one picturing Slateport City I found this:

jdukdmgz.jpg

That just screams to be a meme.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting the day of the revel of the Mega Pikachu... (not because I want... because is too obvius for upping the power of the Ash's one in the anime...)

We already kind of have Mega-Pikachu, by giving one a Light Ball (except Pikachu gets a whopping stat bonus of over 200 compared to the standard 100 that Megas get o_0), ntm that it would be Raichu that'd get it since only final evolutions get access to Megas.

We already kind of have Mega-Pikachu, by giving one a Light Ball (except Pikachu gets a whopping stat bonus of over 200 compared to the standard 100 that Megas get o_0), ntm that it would be Raichu that'd get it since only final evolutions get access to Megas.

York, think with me:

The Ash's Pikachu cannot evolve, because the pokémon chosen to be the star by the initial Japanese fans are the Pikachu. Whatever, Pikachu is a weak pokémon, even with the Light Ball (yes, he got a nice power, but still so much fragile). In the anime, sometimes is hard to think the Ash's one have levels to make some feats, but he has more levels then a lot of his actual opponents.

But... with a (or more then one) Mega Form, the Ash's Pikachu can become even more powerful then a Raychu, but will aways revert to Pikachu form after a combat. I think is will be used in the anime to make the Pikachu "competitive", "actualized", "powerful", etc, allowing him and Ash go more years without became (more) boring.

Is what I think.

I'd rather they not cater to the anime at all. it's universally agreed that Ash is garbage and I don't want the game to be fixed around letting him be relevant.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
I've already gotten just over 600 Pokémon registered in my Dex. Nothing can stop me now. Except those fucking event Pokémon.