• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

Copying my reaction to the alts. from the Smash Bros. Thread:
Oh my god, they're so cute, I can't freaking take it!!!

Is this how Pikachu fans felt about Pikachu even before these costumes? I finally understand!!!

Reactions: thepaintrain8465
Fucking... I'm NOT getting ORAs, don't taunt me with MORE WONDERFUL PIKACHU THINGS.

Reactions: Denizen
Fucking... I'm NOT getting ORAs, don't taunt me with MORE WONDERFUL PIKACHU THINGS.

Just wait for the Annie costume :>

but will these change pikachu's type and maybe make it actually worthwhile

but will these change pikachu's type and maybe make it actually worthwhile
It would take more than that to make pikachu worthwhile.

I bet Pikachu will still have its awful cry from XY and it will be the only pokemon you can dress up. So... eh.
...Unless this is for contests! *checks Serebii* it is for contests! There is still hope!
Also I just noticed all those Pikachu are female.

Edit: Raichu got 10 base speed this gen. He is a pretty cool support/offensive mon, even if he is not OU material.

why can't we just make Raichu the mascot
it's always been cuter anyway and it's still all chubby and huggable

Reactions: Ryin
I think Raichu is fine like this. It doesn't get too much attention but at least it doesn't get shoehorned into everything.
I totally agree with the cuter chubby and huggable part, though.
vbJUFeh.jpg

I sure hope these costumes aren't purely cosmetic, I'm just going to list some thoughts on what could potentially change for our little rodent.
Angry Eyebrow Pikachu: Fighting, Dark, or Fire type add (I doubt fighting because of the wrestler one, though). With an increase to either attack or special attack, possibly both.
Madame Pikachu: Steel, Water, Fairy, or maybe Normal (I doubt fairy because of the magical girl Pikachu). With an increase probably more on the defensive side, probably an addition to HP and a mix-up between defense or special defense.
Pikachu Magi Madoka Magica: Fairy (What did you expect?). Maybe speed plus special attack?
NEEEEeeerrrd Pikachu: Psychic or Steel maybe, this might actually not have a type change. Dramatic increase in special attack, maybe some investment in speed.
Wrestler Pikachu: Fighting and uh...not much else really. Increase to speed and attack.

I'd need to look further for abilities, though.

They're most likely just costumes for an event pikachu that change depending on which contest stat you raise for it. I doubt they're anything more than pure aesthetic.

dad looks very angry in this picture
"I'm sorry but dad but I'm not you...I'm gonna get a torchic as my starter pokemon"
*Audible sad dad noises*

but in all serious ness I wish I could get a slakoth as my starter (I like the sloth pokemons)

dad looks very angry in this picture

You should have seen him in the manga:

Norman_Adventures.png

Boy, he had some angry grimaces in this one.

I wonder, what if those Pikachu costumes will change colors if the Pikachu in question happens to be shiny?

he was also horribly abusive
let's not forget that
Yeah, the manga was pretty intense. Sometimes I wish GameFreak would roll with a story like this, but that will never happen.

I wonder, what if those Pikachu costumes will change colors if the Pikachu in question happens to be shiny?

Nah, don't think so. But maybe you can customize the costumes in their color.

Flannery has thinner pants. Character ruined. 0/10 wouldn't play once.

Reactions: Ktulu
Can't wait to see how my favorite character will look after the redesign.
Emerald_Factory_Head_Noland.png
Best husbando

Flannery has thinner pants. Character ruined. 0/10 wouldn't play once.
Steven's pants are too tight; Preorder cancelled.

Is it just me or has Wattson become more fat?

And for some unexplaining wierd reason, I'm hyped to see how Drake will look like!

Make everyone hotter.
Well, since I play pokemon partly for the babes. I am okay with this.

...This is awkward

Last edited:
Reactions: Rellek
So, Mega Diancie's ability is Magic Bounce. Thoughts?

I'm not sure how I feel about PokeMadoka being bouncy

Might be cool. Depends a lot on her stats, I guess. Not sure if I'd put my mega on a tank with no reliable recovery and common weaknesses.
I'm more interested in next month's Mega Evolution Scoop.

About those Pikachu alts, maybe they have to do with the contest categories? Little Bo Pikachu does look like it could be beauty, Nerd Pikachu smart, El Diablo Pikachu tough, etc.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The Luchachu is obviously the cool one.

I know it's going to be related to beauty contests (I think they even said it in the same article they revealed them in) but I hope it does something special for Pikachu in regular battle. New moves, typing, stats, whatever. Partly for my competitive side, but also because I'd love to hear the explanation for it.

Like you walk up to a scientist and they say:
"We've made an amazing discovery!"
"We've found that a Pikachu, with an article of special clothing on, has the ability to change it's typing, among other things."
"How did we make such a discovery you ask?"
"...Well...The boss's daughter really likes dressing up our test subjects..."

again, I hope they don't try to give new gimmicks to pikachu. It just feels like uts trying to have the game give relevancy to the anime. And the anime lost its charm a long time ago.

the anime lost its charm a long time ago.
i dunno I mean have you seen the animation lately? it looks pretty good
You know what they should do? make a pokemon wildlife show. Showing pokemon in their natural habitats doing shit, eatting berries, raising babies, howling at moons, battling and shit...eating more berries

An even better idea! Retire Ash.

Seriously, he's been around far too long without signs of age or character development. They should have ditched that nooblet around Hoenn.

Ditching him makes no difference, they would simply introduce another dumb protagonist because that’s just how the Anime rolls.

that why I said pokemon wildlife show. Awesome animation of pokemon doing pokemon things and learning about pokemon and shit

plus everyone knows as long as it a wildlife show you get see it all. blood guts gore and all
...because it's educational

that why I said pokemon wildlife show. Awesome animation of pokemon doing pokemon things and learning about pokemon and shit

plus everyone knows as long as it a wildlife show you get see it all. blood guts gore and all
...because it's educational
I'd watch it, my only question would be if there to be subs so I can know what they're saying. I don't speak Pokémon.