• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo Fortune Discussion

Can Robo's 2LP be disjointed so it's a better anti-air or make it like how other normals have the hitbox come out first, then it gets filled in with hurtboxes?

At least for the first hit?
While on the topic of C.LP, is jump-cancelling on hit ok to try out? I always feel compelled to jump after it, so I hope it could be tested, please.

While on the topic of C.LP, is jump-cancelling on hit ok to try out? I always feel compelled to jump after it, so I hope it could be tested, please.
Nah, sorry.

Bawwww

Nah, thanks for reply though.

jzvhql.png

I really hope this is not the final hurtbox on her burst.

Reactions: erkicman
I know it won't stay like this, but explains why my burst bait is whiffing. Just to let you guys know. The hurtboxes probably must be from fortune's jumping animation.

So this tweet got me interested in trying something that I guess a lot of you already know...

An opponent may not call Butcher's Blade assist against a solo R.Fortune at full screen, but at a closer, more practical distance it's possible to preemptively backdash to make Butcher's Blade assist whiff and then punish it with lvl3 or lvl5 beam. If you are solo Robo Fortune and you time it right, either beam strength will do 100% damage to Eliza.

So uh... just be careful with calling Sekhmet assists against a solo Robo Fortune, I guess?

So uh... just be careful with calling Sekhmet assists against a solo Robo Fortune, I guess?
If you're in the experimenting mood, I'd be interested to see some options involving DHC'ing into robolaser to put the screws to sekhmet/headless fortune. Like, can you consistently catch a fortune recalling her head with a reaction DHC, or pbgc DHC into laser to catch head + body? That would be brutal.

On a 2v2 situation with something with 3 bars, RB anchor and a projectile super like scalpels, blown kiss, etc on point, it's a guaranteed kill on butcher's blade.
Of course, if they have shit things Bella point, then you gotta be prepared to be deflected to the face.

Last edited:
If you're in the experimenting mood, I'd be interested to see some options involving DHC'ing into robolaser to put the screws to sekhmet/headless fortune. Like, can you consistently catch a fortune recalling her head with a reaction DHC, or pbgc DHC into laser to catch head + body? That would be brutal.
This is a bit rough, but here we go:

Note: Robo Fortune MUST have a ratio advantage on Ms. Fortune in order for a lvl5 to do 100% damage. So here we do 2v3 so that DHCs are possible.

Case study 1: Ms. Fortune and detached head take full damage from lvl 5. Ms. Fortune dies.

Case study 2: Ms. Fortune is blocking but the head is detached. Ms. Fortune loses more than 50% health from combined chip and head damage. If Ms. Fortune is headless, has less than 50% health, Robo has 5 meter, and Ms. Fortune is the last living member of her team, blocking will result in a loss. Yes this is a very specific situation but it can happen.

Case study 3: DHC-punishing head recall on reaction. Ms. Fortune dies. Note that the lvl 1 super MUST whiff completely or scaling will prevent the lvl5 from killing.

Skullgirls Beta 3/7 Update

Everything below is at x1.00 damage unless otherwise specified.

Sekhmet armour takes 75% damage.

Each hit of Beam is 425 * 0.75 = 318.75 damage per hit on sekhmet (the game rounds up in this case for some reason).

It's 59 hits in the super.

59 * 319 = 18,821 at x1.00 damage.

That means it will always kill sekh, point or assist, unless you're solo Eliza vs non-solo robo.

Fortune's head is not in play as an assist unless the assist is specifically a head move, so assist fortune doesn't actually take more damage unless she has that assist.

If head assist fortune is hit with level 5 beam super, both will be picked up and it will leave fortune with a whopping 173 health with the super dealing 15,327.

Level 5 beam super will do 12,726 damage (according to training mode), so 12,726 * 1.3 = 16,543.8 (estimate because scaling will change it slightly) which is enough to kill as a duo vs a trio, but not enough to kill trio vs trio. However as as solo, Level 5 beam does 12,726 * 1.45 = 18,452.7 damage which is enough to kill fortune any time if the head is picked up with her.

To sum up, Level 5 beam does:

18,821 damage at x1 vs sekhmet = death to sekh unless solo eliza vs non-solo robo
12,726 damage at x1 vs Fortune + Head = Death to fortune if Robo has a ratio advantage
15,327 damage at x1 vs Assist Fortune + head = 173 health left on assist fortune, or dead if robo has a ratio advantage or both are trios

7,383 damage normally on any individual character.
10,271 damage normally on any individual assist.

If you Level 3 laser someone while they're very low to the ground (Easiest right when they red bounce, but you can do it right before a blue bounce) they slide towards you as they are getting hit. It looks kinda silly since normally the lasers keep the opponent in place. I don't think its the biggest deal (it even lets you do something like Throw, L3 Laser, Close Range DHC for ridic amounts of meter I guess) but I figure I should point it out. It worked on Val, Beo, Double, Big Band, and Filia but I'm too lazy to try the other 8.

Does anyone know if Robo is going to retain the ability to air-dash? I know this was undecided a little while ago. My first impressions are that she doesn't really need air-dash, it could be a major difference between her and Fortune.

Does anyone know if Robo is going to retain the ability to air-dash? I know this was undecided a little while ago. My first impressions are that she doesn't really need air-dash, it could be a major difference between her and Fortune.

No, double jump cancel instead of air dash, currently in the Beta Endless.

I just realised that Robo's level3 and level 5 versions of her super do not get the special minimum scaling for level 3s (45%) and level 5s (55%).

Reactions: Wenzel
Just something I found interesting, but don't know if anyone else covered.
If you jump-cancel J.HK late enough, it goes from Combo Stage 3 to Stage 5, because it considers you as on the ground, even if you're not, due to your "point" hitting the ground (I don't know the actual term for this but I'm calling it a point).

Experiment in the following video, with the only logical explanation I can think of. I thought it was a glitch at first until I realized what was happening.

It's the anchor point. It crosses the ground.

It's the anchor point. It crosses the ground.

Yeah, noticed that after putting hitboxes on. (Didn't know the official term either). Without hitboxes on, it did seem like a glitch due to double-jump cancels, but its good to know that it has to do with the anchor point and not a bug with double-jump cancels :D

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not yet, but robo's lvl 5 super does not trigger the film real/zoom effect to appear during the superflash. Level 1 and 3 are both fine

also, I cannot for the life of me reproduce this, but I swear that two times now I've seen a different character's film real appear instead of the temporary blank one during the super flash for robo's lvl 1. Once was Filia and another was Double, both characters were on the opposing team when it happened and both supers were done after the match ended.

also, I cannot for the life of me reproduce this, but I swear that two times now I've seen a different character's film real appear instead of the temporary blank one during the super flash for robo's lvl 1. Once was Filia and another was Double, both characters were on the opposing team when it happened and both supers were done after the match ended.

Happened with me too when I was facing a solo BB. I don't remember if I was using the lvl 1, 3 or 5 of the laser.

This is not very important but if you have "Skip Super Flash" set to on, then I don't think you can DHC into Level 1 Super at all.

So what c.HK does exactly?

the extra heads might do something they might not. We'll just have to sit back and wait for what Mike has in store for us.

The extra heads you summon with c.HK will probably do something important like calculate pi or mine for some cryptocurrency - with your permission, of course!

The heads stare and judge you quietly.

Can be used as an awkward anti air.
mmmmmmhh. no. This move is just awkward in general. yeah sure you can use it to anti air but the move has a ton of startup compared to other anti airs and you really can't combo off of it. Heck it's hard to really combo INTO it. so the fact that this move is going to have a different use other than a combo tool is quite obvious.

I like what chickenwithtie said it's going to shoot some hotdogs at the other girls. like the really bad kind that has been cooked in water and they're all wrinkly and slimy. ew... like the basic hotdogs from street vendors on the city streets of America.

The extra heads you summon with c.HK will probably do something important like calculate pi or mine for some cryptocurrency - with your permission, of course!
If they do start calculating math. I've been pulling for some Dizzy style beam spam. Sin/Cos are powerful forces to be reckoned with, just look at medusa heads from Castlevania...

Reactions: Tomo009
Interesting discrepancy I found while playing with lasers.

I tried this out with a turbo controller multiple times. I could reliably parry the entire super while on the ground but I could never manage to do so in the air. I have no clue if it has to do with touching the ground, touching Robo Fortune, or maybe it's just the super itself. ignore the missing underscore

@Mike_Z

Not sure what that's all about, but you don't need to buffer parry to parry R. Fortune's beam. Just tap forward before the superflash; the parry countdown timer doesn't run during superflashes, so as long as you tapped forward at least 17f before the superflash begins you'll start to parry as soon as the beam comes out. It has a really slow startup so this is pretty easy!

Reactions: old_gus
Will we be able to special cancel the helicopter kick into an air laser?
I didn't see that done last night.