• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo Fortune Discussion

She feels complete enough to start using seriously now. Currently have a theoretical problem with how to deal with bellas tumble run/reflect game. Tumble run goes through basically everything except robos super and her cr.mk.

Frustrating at this point for me trying to keepaway a bella that abuses tumble run plus double jump neutral (against robos abused lasers). Robo isnt finished yet so theres always that. But i feel like at this point robo is complete enough to not be able to use the unfinished excuse... But i could be wrong, she may still have huge changes made to her game.

Good things to say about her is that her air m laser feels quite oppressive to use against single jump trajectories.

She feels complete enough to start using seriously now. Currently have a theoretical problem with how to deal with bellas tumble run/reflect game. Tumble run goes through basically everything except robos super and her cr.mk.

Frustrating at this point for me trying to keepaway a bella that abuses tumble run plus double jump neutral (against robos abused lasers). Robo isnt finished yet so theres always that. But i feel like at this point robo is complete enough to not be able to use the unfinished excuse... But i could be wrong, she may still have huge changes made to her game.

Good things to say about her is that her air m laser feels quite oppressive to use against single jump trajectories.

Maybe you could look into getting a multi-hit assist that moves forward to assist with intercepting Tumble Run like Drillationship or Hornet Bomber.

I really don't know how to continue the combo after j.LP laser. I try s.LP but it seems too slow? What timing does j.LP special need?

I really don't know how to continue the combo after j.LP laser. I try s.LP but it seems too slow? What timing does j.LP special need?
Eh? You can combo after HP laser vs air, LP laser is +4 unless you land early.

This is probably my favorite super in the game, it's a magnetic chaos dunk.

Can't wait to see the tech we get from this.

When i miss this super and that image of a red cat face appear kinda hut my eyes,anyone else?

Is there any chance of getting the direction for the anti-air grab super reversed for the sake of consistency? I'm used to it being the opposite direction because of Beowulf. Unless there is a head control super planned for that input it just seems like a better fit.

Is there any chance of getting the direction for the anti-air grab super reversed for the sake of consistency? I'm used to it being the opposite direction because of Beowulf. Unless there is a head control super planned for that input it just seems like a better fit.
Well, to me it feels like a DP+P, but that would mean overlapping with beams for no reason, so it's K. (It accepts both QCT and DP because why not.) In no way does it feel like a reverse...anything...

And no, there's no chance of it changing, remember she's not complete yet.

And no, there's no chance of it changing, remember she's not complete yet.
I should have phrased it "Would you please consider changing it".

My feeling that it's odd that two supers that have the basic function of grabbing enemies out of the air having different directional inputs but the same button inputs doesn't make any sense to you? I suppose I'm just confused, why is Beowulf's anti-air a backwards motion?

Not sure if this is a bug or not, during a couple AI matches when KOing Robo-Fortune she would go into her time out loss instead of collapsing but I can't seem to replicate it. It was kind of cool having the body parts bounce around during a regular match.

Serious part:
Not sure if this is a bug or not, during a couple AI matches when KOing Robo-Fortune she would go into her time out loss instead of collapsing but I can't seem to replicate it. It was kind of cool having the body parts bounce around during a regular match.
Got a video? Who was she fighting against?

Bothering-the-developer part:
I should have phrased it "Would you please consider changing it".
Still no, nicer phrasing aside, because there are still other moves she hasn't got. I am not going to say that again.
Magnet is not a super version of head control, so it will not be head control + 2 buttons.

My feeling that it's odd that two supers that have the basic function of grabbing enemies out of the air having different directional inputs but the same button inputs doesn't make any sense to you?
Nope. They're different characters. Parasoul's projectile is a charge move, Valentine's is a QCT. Etc.
Cerebella's antiair grab is DP+throw, Painwheel's is QCT+HK, Big Band's is (B),F+K. Because it fits the character, or the move.

I suppose I'm just confused, why is Beowulf's anti-air a backwards motion?
Because it fits the move. And to differentiate it from Wulf Blitzer, which it is not a super version of.
When we get a move, I generally implement it as QCT+P for testing. Once it's done, I pretend I'm playing and want to do that move, and see what motion I expect it to be. That's the motion it gets.

Reactions: Shooon
I don't have a video unless replay theater now applies to Arcade mode, as I said, it was AI. It would most likely have been Beowulf or Big Band.
Still no, nicer phrasing aside, because there are still other moves she hasn't got. I am not going to say that again.
I wasn't asking again, I was correcting myself, sorry that wasn't clear.

@Mike_Z you may or may not be aware already, but just a visual thing, Robo Fortune's level 5 beam super does not trigger the film reel effect as part of the super flash like the lvl1 and lvl3 do ( or like any super for that matter )

since she's gona have jump cancels one or more of her air normals should hit the opponent up more and carry the opponent up with her as she jumps. maybe j.lp and j.lk could fill this role vs air opponents.

Ah Robo Kitty has reminded me of the good old BBC2's classic "Robot Wars"

so I slapped this together for Skull Girls Season 2 Episode 5

sigh... looking back this my voice was just too quite and flat. if only it wasn't 2 am in the morning, then i would have been able to yell and put some emotion into this... #20minutes_of_sleep

Last edited:
That was pretty baller

do it again

Hi, I have a question regarding one of Robo-Fortune's supers, especifically the one where she magnets her opponent to her hand, jumps into the air while grabbing her enemy and spinning her arm, and then using all that momentum to smash the opponent into the ground. I'd like to know if that specific super is a reference to anything, because I've seen something similar to it before in another fighting game.

it's heavily based off of Blaze Blue's character Iron Tager who has a mechanic with his grappling style that allows him to magnetize his opponents and drag them thru the air or ground most notably his Atomic Collider special which Robo's super takes the most inspiration from.

The animation of the move itself looks to be based off of T.Hawk's Mexican Typhoon command grab.

shit beaten by a second. i'll get you next time fenster

@Mike_Z I would like to ask a developer question, as someone who who has played a lot of Guilty Gear the moment I tried Robo-Fortune she just really clicked for me, I've noticed that she feels like a Guilty Gear character and one night on the Salty stream you pretty briefly said that it was completely intentional as she was you making a Guilty Gear character, I was hoping you'd explain in more detail how exactly you've accomplished this. So, why does she feel the way she does?

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
If Robo Fortune has heads floating around when she jumps out to assist, they should be Custom Commanded. Unless the other 2 Moves not implemented would make it pretty dumb, like Fortune's Om Nom as an assist option.

For anyone who was wondering what Mike had to say about Robo-Fortune playing like a Guilty Gear character I've uploaded the part of the stream where he talks about this, he talks about other characters and their inspirations as well, it's pretty interesting.

Oh ye. Anyway we could get cr.HP expanded forward a bit or something? I found characters were dropping out of it a lot if you counterpoked or anti-aired someone, due to their hitbox receding substantially. Potemkin 2S vacuum on the multi-hit portion of 5MP would be coooool. (Electromagnets, huhuhu)

I mean, I could just start buffering cr.MK in my strings, but I'd rather complain and make fantasy suggestions. (Also not sure if cr.MK is applicable when you AA lighter characters with a poke. <_<)

if the 2nd ( multi-hit part ) of 5MP had a vacuum effect that would be awesome, or if it just pulled them down closer to the ground that'd be great too

well seeing how s.mp is based off of Makoto's own s.mp the vacuum effect doesn't really make sense. And personally I don't think we need that effect on that normal. But then again i've only been using the move as a ground linker. Now a move that should have a tiny vacuum effect on hit would robo's s.mk for doing links from lp, mp, s.mk, back to a light is really distance dependent for the opponent is thrown back mostly due to the mp. so having the s.mk have the vacuum effect would not only make better visual sense but also allow robo to do her around the world combo links.

For anyone who was wondering what Mike had to say about Robo-Fortune playing like a Guilty Gear character I've uploaded the part of the stream where he talks about this, he talks about other characters and their inspirations as well, it's pretty interesting.

The point about some characters in Guilty Gear having a gimmick that requires time or a resource is something I really like about that game in particular, and what I feel like I will like about Robo-Fortune. I'm glad that not every character in that game, or this game, require some unique resource in order to utilize some of their moves but it's something that I do like and has been absent from Skullgirls.

Reactions: Caleb
The point about some characters in Guilty Gear having a gimmick that requires time or a resource is something I really like about that game in particular, and what I feel like I will like about Robo-Fortune. I'm glad that not every character in that game, or this game, require some unique resource in order to utilize some of their moves but it's something that I do like and has been absent from Skullgirls.
Squigly, Valentine, Beowulf, and Eliza would like a word with you... :^P

Squigly, Valentine, Beowulf, and Eliza would like a word with you... :^P
But Squigly is just a better Johnny right? ;-)

Maybe I should have phrased that differently. There are resource using characters in SG but it wasn't until Squigly that I would have said any of them resembled a Guilty Gear-style resource character. It could be said that Sekhmet is another variant of the Moroha mode A.B.A has, but she feels closer to a BlazBlue character, specifically Valkenhayne.