• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo Fortune Discussion

So since salvo doesn't act like peacock's SOID as an assist, she hops back before the attack actually hits. This means you can call another assist before it hits and kind of pretend like you're playing marvel 3.

well technically this works because the Salvo didn't hit Filia in the given time that another assist could come out. It's the same if you use an assist like george's walk. you can have the projectile out and still use an other assist once the cool down has happened.

Reactions: Zevak
It's technically "if assist doesn't make contact, you don't use up your 1 assist per combo" rule at play here. Pretty sure you could do something similar with Parasoul tear toss.

I... think that might get patched out.
9k for 2 meter and 2 assist calls
I doubt that will get patched out.
It's technically "if assist doesn't make contact, you don't use up your 1 assist per combo" rule at play here. Pretty sure you could do something similar with Parasoul tear toss.
Or Peacock's LK bomb.

Reactions: Zevak
Does the lowered meter gain limit other characters? What's to stop me from tagging in a battery, and building enough for the 3 beam to combo off the detonation since she doesn't count down off screen?
It works the way Hatred Install does. Nothing's to stop you from doing that but that's a tag somewhere. And she does count down if she gets called or snapped.

Could we maybe try taking away the hitbox on setting the mine in favor of keeping the mines around after being hit?

lv1 missile is completely useless...

It doesn't really track the opponent, which was intentional. It can still be used effectively if you have a lockdown assist though. If you want to use true Doom Missiles, you need all 3, which keeps the attack from being spammed unnecessarily.

If you've got one head and want some damage, you'd be better of with a kamikaze.

Could we maybe try taking away the hitbox on setting the mine in favor of keeping the mines around after being hit?
No. It would also have to lose armor break and the extra set time, i.e. go back to how it used to be.

Yep, it is mostly useless, and it'll stay that way. You can call a head and do another missile before they even come down, so to make it useful would make it broken. The alternative is not allowing it with 1 head, which feels odd, so this is the compromise.

With one head out and brass assist, robo can:

Call missiles AND brass on reaction to an opponents wiffed assist, literally nuking the assist for like half damage... Safely, since missiles hits just as the beam super wears off... So watch your assists.

And the point can't escape the missiles by moving since beam locks them in place basically instantly if the point blocked brass.

So Detonation has been in for all of ten minutes and I'm already addicted to it. I can't combo off of it for toodles, but damn does it make for a bombastic end to any combo. Magnetic Trap before the explosion is the flashiest way to end a fight I've ever seen.

This doesn't look right.
2015-04-27_00002.jpg

The Powerbomb effect on the Metroid skins is a nice touch to detonation mode.

There seems to be a split second lag between her crushing the core and the sound playing and it's bugging me so much.

Jeez man, wait a few more weeks as people get a feel for the new specials instead of instantly calling broken. Your sub-title even says "Waiting"!

I wouldn't have known you were talking to me had you not stated the part about waiting. I don't remember saying that missiles were broken. I was talking about a change that had been suggested and hadn't yet taken place.

Detonation mode is so much fun, glad this turned out this way.

Yeah, det mode really sparks up some hot stuff even though the ending always blows. It has a certain flare that others can’t hold a roman candle to and almost never fails to be flashy if not bombastic.

For some reason I can't DHC out of Detonation mode with QCF supers, but I can do it perfectly fine with QCB supers. Is this some sort of bug? Anyone else have issues? (Side doesn't matter)

EDIT: Umm okay it's POSSIBLE but the timing is super super strict and 9/10 it'll just come out as one of robo's QCF supers. Any chance we can get a slight extension to the dhc window?

it's like install so no

@Mike_Z Just wanted to say that currently Robo-Fortune's LK and MK Headrones do zero damage on block. It would be really nice if they could do 1,000,000 chip damage instead please and thank you. :PUN:

Reactions: Jet Set Dizzy
it's like install so no

Umm, why not?

Also, in any case, DHCing from PW install still feels a lot easier than DHCing from Det mode.

What doesn't look right about this exactly?
The light being on top of her head instead of coming out her eyes?

Reactions: erkicman
Robo's lasers are going through parasoul's egret that protects against projectiles. I don't believe thats suppose to happen. .-.

Also, is there any footage of the latest salty with the updates?

is there any footage of the latest salty with the updates?
Watching past broadcasts is a feature on Twitch. The game is also updated and you can check the patch notes on Steam.

Robo's lasers are going through parasoul's egret that protects against projectiles. I don't believe thats suppose to happen. .-.
L+M Laser are just one hitbox that appears instantly on the entire screen*, and thus connects with the Egret and Parasoul at the same time - which makes the Egret "too slow" to block it
This is the same behaviour as happens with Argus Agony, where the initial Beam also just penetrates the Egret shield. H Beam has travel time, so it will get blocked.

*There actually is a mini part of the hitbox which appears earlier, so M Egret will block it if Parasoul is at a very specific range away from Robo (~3 char lengths)

Reactions: Zero8teen(DG)
It's a bad combo to use as an example but explosion after slam: definitely the flashiest way to end a fight.

Ok I'm noticing the seriously thin line of when you can DHC the lvl 3... It's pretty hard and I miss it a ton. I land Double's pool more often than this super o.O

I feel this shouldn't cross up..

Hey, for me it says you haven't made that video available.