• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo Fortune Discussion

I still find her lvl 3 to be more risk than reward outside of a few circumstances.

Reactions: PME and Shooon
I like how RF is the only character who can't punish det mode explosion at all regardless of how much meter she has (except for raw tag but that's not a character specific option and its effectiveness varies by character).

I assume it would be too much to ask for magnet super to be an effective PBGC reversal in this case.

Yeah, that's why I feel like her invincibility frames should be highly extended. 87 frames of vulnerability on block is wack as hell. Punishing it is easy because pbgc is easy.

Even if she was only vulnerable while falling, everyone would just take a bit more chip then punish it later

EDIT: Ok this is what happens. But to not be PBGC punished she would need to be invincible until the very end.

Last edited:
May I ask why c.hk isn't special cancelable(i hope im using this term right) to lasers/danger/headrones?

I'd imagine it's not supposed to be because getting a headrone and then special canceling into whatever would be too good

I'd imagine it's not supposed to be because getting a headrone and then special canceling into whatever would be too good

It certainly sounds strong, but I'm wondering how exactly is it TOO good? That is what I'd like to know. Does it make her zoning game too strong? or lockdown/pressure game too easy since after getting 3 heads, missiles would almost force your enemy to block?

Does anyone really use her drones? The situations when they are useful seem like it is more work than what they are worth.

There are people not using her drones???

May I ask why c.hk isn't special cancelable(i hope im using this term right) to lasers/danger/headrones?
I mean there are other reasons, but the main one is that she's fully committed to the move, like BB's j.HK. She's missing a head!

Does anyone really use her drones? The situations when they are useful seem like it is more work than what they are worth.
Why would you NOT use drones?

It can be difficult to get heads out sometimes, but kamikaze and missiles if you have multiple heads are some of her best tools. Mines are good too, especially now that you can actually call more heads behind them.

Kamikaze I think is Robo's most valuable move overall. Probably silly to say this over some of her normals, but kamikaze is a massive momentum shift tool, very powerful for her kit in my opinion.

The heads are super useful to use for zoning, and help do things you can't normally do with lasers.

Kamikaze is a good option to cover your own dash in, or just allowing you to back off to whatever spacing you want while you move around since you can't move while lasering.

Mine is great at covering ground approaches, esp against bella and BB. Don't forget the animation of the mine coming down can't be hit out of making it a not bad option if the opponent is close.

Hidden missiles is hidden missiles, it's really good at level 2/3.

Considering that there are a lot of opportunities to get heads, you should just play with them more and set them up instead of just doing normal laser laser laser stuff.

Kamikaze I think is Robo's most valuable move overall. Probably silly to say this over some of her normals, but kamikaze is a massive momentum shift tool, very powerful for her kit in my opinion.

I definitely think Kamikaze is under appreciated, but it's not a massive momentum shift tool, if anything the mine is more of that than kamikaze. Kamikaze is too easy to block when on offense and does almost everything the mine does as a defense tool, aside from mine being a risky pseudo anti-air with it not going away on it's falling down animation.

I never noticed this before but RF's beam super gives the opponent a TON of meter on hit. Looks to be over 1/3rd of a bar.

It's always done that, that I recall.

just looking at combo vids (i.e. no actual numbers or side by side TM comparison ), it seems to be pretty similar to meter given by peacock's argus, i have no idea how it stacks up to other level 1's though.

I kinda felt head moves were more trouble than they were worth until we got s.HK->cr.HK. Now it feels much less matchup dependent for me, although I spend most of my time rushing down with her. I love double jump mixups.

Has anybody made a video guide for Robo yet?

I kinda felt head moves were more trouble than they were worth until we got s.HK->cr.HK. Now it feels much less matchup dependent for me, although I spend most of my time rushing down with her. I love double jump mixups.

Has anybody made a video guide for Robo yet?
I don't think anyone knows enough about Robo to make a guide. If someone did make a guide I wouldn't pay attention to it.

Reactions: noaa and Aden
And I feel like she's the kind of character that will take like... years for someone to truly be consistent and competent with. I would welcome a guide, though. Especially if neutral patterns is a thing on it.

I watched the mikez vid on who RF is based on and first attack with ultrachen. I then looked up the GG characters tutorials + combos. I used this to get a feel and ideas to try. Granted im not great or a tech creator but its something

I don't think anyone knows enough about Robo to make a guide. If someone did make a guide I wouldn't pay attention to it.

There are objective facts about R.Fortune that can be covered in a guide, I think there's room for a guide to exist.

Just make sure the guide is stuff like "You have time to summon two headrones after s.HK", not "Big Band rly freckin hurts Robo-Fortune so do lots of lasers in this matchup"

Reactions: Jet Set Dizzy
My little friend said she is "StreetFighter NO.12"
NO.12 is a character name . i mean character intensity.

i just play her like she's Robo Ky. Do a little combo that ends in some setup or cross up and continue the pressure if blocked. If timed well tk air lazors can be... safe-ish... in the end you really need to just learn to read well with Robo Kitty, making a wrong guess at a lazor could leave you open. But that being said the lazors do cover good spots on the ground, forcing your opponent to block low or mid most of the time will keep them annoyed and trying to rush in on you. A dp should be good enough to cover you if the opponent gets with in close to far sweep range.

What would Robit be classified as? She doesn't feel like a complete zoner since she has pretty good options for getting in. She can also do nearly 8k damage with a 1 meter combo and that seems really high for a zoner.

What would Robit be classified as? She doesn't feel like a complete zoner since she has pretty good options for getting in. She can also do nearly 8k damage with a 1 meter combo and that seems really high for a zoner.

Peacock, the game's "premier" zoner, has a move that can almost completely cover her approach if she chooses. She ALSO can do at LEAST 8k (maybe more, I don't play her but i know she does stupid good damage) off 1 bar. Just because she has high dmg combos and approach options doesn't mean most of her tools aren't geared towards zoning.

Peacock, the game's "premier" zoner, has a move that can almost completely cover her approach if she chooses. She ALSO can do at LEAST 8k (maybe more, I don't play her but i know she does stupid good damage) off 1 bar. Just because she has high dmg combos and approach options doesn't mean most of her tools aren't geared towards zoning.
Peacock does like 10k for a bar lmao

I see her as a zoner, albeit not the same breed as Peacock.

She still controls zone very well through mines, but her gameplay seems more orientated to limiting their approach options and then punishing a bad approach. Peacock does the same thing, but Peacock forces you to approach because of the threat of her chip, where as Robo Fortune doesn't really have the same scary chip options that Peacock does.

That being said, I don't think it's feasibly possible for Robo Fortune to be a stronger/better character than Peacock, simply because item drop is kind of like all three of the head moves in one and takes much less time to setup.

That being said, I don't think it's feasibly possible for Robo Fortune to be a stronger/better character than Peacock, simply because item drop is kind of like all three of the head moves in one and takes much less time to setup.
Having a move that is like a better version of another move does not define your character completely.

Having a move that is like a better version of another move does not define your character completely.
But it's one move being better than all three of her head summons that make Robo feel outclassed. One of Peacock's zoning tools is better than three of Robo Fortune's zoning tools, and I just don't feel as if djc will ever make Robo Fortune stronger than Peacock, other than a few extremely specialized scenarios.

I'd agree with you but the playstyle of the two are too different to compare the two of them based on one thing.
It's like comparing Beowulf's grab mode to Cerebella's command grabs to me.

But I don't think that item drop and the heads are all that different from eachother. Lk head provides safety as you approach, which item drop also does. Mine blocks a section of the screen, which item drop also does. Missiles are kind of a combination of the two in the sense that they provide cover as you approach, and also restrict opponents movement options. Obviously the moves are different, but they're pretty similar in function (or atleast they are in the way that I use them).

One of Peacock's zoning tools is better than three of Robo Fortune's zoning tools
I think you're not quite grasping the fact that Robo is a different kind of Zoner than Peacock. Yes, item drop is specifically better at keep away, but Robo isn't keep away.

I think you're not quite grasping the fact that Robo is a different kind of Zoner than Peacock. Yes, item drop is specifically better at keep away, but Robo isn't keep away.
I see her as a zoner, albeit not the same breed as Peacock.
Item drop is not just better at keep away. It's also better when approaching.

and I just don't feel as if djc will ever make Robo Fortune stronger than Peacock, other than a few extremely specialized scenarios.
Are you like, allergic to looking at the character as a whole?

Reactions: Fumako and Aden
Is "trap based" a character type? Since many of Robo's specials focus on hurting entire areas of the screen, and making specific regions unsafe, it seems "trap" might fit. Whereas Peacock is more of an "I'll keep on punching you from all the way over here!"

Actually... come to think of it, we're trying to compare Robo to Peacock, but Parasoul might be the better option: Heavy ranged tools and geographical control, plus really nasty capabilities up close.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
But it's one move being better than all three of her head summons that make Robo feel outclassed. One of Peacock's zoning tools is better than three of Robo Fortune's zoning tools, and I just don't feel as if djc will ever make Robo Fortune stronger than Peacock, other than a few extremely specialized scenarios.
I'm confused as to how any of Robo's heads would be used for zoning and not for helping her approach.

Laser beams are better zoning tools than any of Peacock's bombs. So the same could be said backwards. Peacock is, by your logic, then outclassed by one move of Robo Fortune.

But you know this isn't true. They are not going to play the same way, and expecting them to is pretty silly.

Is "trap based" a character type? Since many of Robo's specials focus on hurting entire areas of the screen, and making specific regions unsafe, it seems "trap" might fit. Whereas Peacock is more of an "I'll keep on punching you from all the way over here!"
It's a type of zoning. Testament also fills this niche.

Quickest Explanation of his play style I could come up with.

Reactions: The Dave
I'm confused as to how any of Robo's heads would be used for zoning and not for helping her approach.

Laser beams are better zoning tools than any of Peacock's bombs. So the same could be said backwards. Peacock is, by your logic, then outclassed by one move of Robo Fortune.

But you know this isn't true. They are not going to play the same way, and expecting them to is pretty silly.
I honestly think bombs are better than lasers too, as they stay on screen longer and cover space for a longer period of time. Not to mention that each bomb is usually accompanied by a s.hp and a second bomb. It's easier to get it on a Robo Fortune shooting lasers than it is to get in on Peacock chucking lk and hk georges. But bombs vs lasers is different than heads vs item drop imo. Bombs are a constant on screen threat, while lasers are an instant fullscreen shot, where the heads and item drop serve very similar functions.

Just reread your post and see what you're getting at. I wasn't trying to say that heads are used for zoning, i was trying to say that item drop is a better approach.