• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo-Fortune: "Why Do I Feel Pain, Creator" edition!

Fukua is also a creation of Brain Drain.

Reactions: Coco
they wouldnt be doing robo fortune justice if she was just made as a joke character and didnt make her canon in some way. they could give her a really neat backstory with a little bit of thought.

it kinda reminds me of that simpsons episode where homer finds his face on a box of japanese washing powder or whatever it is. its just so bizarre and unlikely they could make it work for sure.

Oh, yeah. If Lab Zero is mostly finished with Robo-Fortune, will she come before Beowulf or will they release him before her?

My money is on them releasing both at the same time.

Reactions: EA575
But then how will I practice with her in the beta? I need to be able to destroy all my friends with early knowledge of the character so they tell me to stop playing the game only I like and put in Street Fighter

Someone know/remember how she was planned to be like? I mean, will she be simular to play like Ms Fortune or will she be very different?

two words... Robo KY. if that don't ring no bells for you, then think of explodie robot kitty, she'll have moves taken straight off of Fortune to save on animation and money, but she will have other moves and a slightly different gameplay style with some added technical play.

Ms Fortune: MDE

I personally hope Robo Fortune wants her head off since Ms Fortune strength lies in her head on.

Robo most likely won't have a head puppet that you control separately, that will stay MFs thing. Although since that base animations all have head off options I could see her head transforming into various things or something. I can't wait to see what she can do.

As a robot character if she doesn't get rockets I'm going to be a little depressed

Added some extra info about Robo-Fortune to the OP, since some gameplay stuff was confirmed.

I was a little skeptical about RF at first to be honest, but after that stream I'm pretty stoked... LZ as per usual keeping shit awesome.

I hope they change the airdashes to not squirt blood.

well she might not have air dashes. Right now they are just taking all the stuff that Fortune has and they are Robo-fying them.

Considering she still squirts blood I believe that'll be removed.

or they could say it's oil, but that would be very meh

Not to mention nonsensical.Unlike Fortune,RF (Should logically) run(s) out of oil fluid,and THAT would be a problem.

Idea! It might be cool if Robo leaked fuel over the stage, and then had a move to ignite it. Then again, if Eliza's blood didn't get in, this probably wouldn't, either.

I'm hella excited for R.Fortune's s.HK though! Having it wallbounce the opponent in the corner would also be amazing. All I ask is for a safe blockbuster (or -2 at least) to DHC my Nadia out of there

I'm hella excited for R.Fortune's s.HK though! Having it wallbounce the opponent in the corner would also be amazing. All I ask is for a safe blockbuster (or -2 at least) to DHC my Nadia out of there
Nadi-bot likes to keep her Nadi-bits safe I see...

or they could say it's oil, but that would be very meh

now want her to shout "blood for oil!" when beating on eliza.

So last night Robo-Fortune got a huge update. She has a lot of her normals now and both ground and air throw so Mike says that she will be hitting the beta soonish (two weeks).

One of her new moves is a huge torso chainsaw that gets one hit of armor. It looks pretty boss. She also get's lightning effects on her c.HP and s.MP which don't seem to do anything right now aside from provide more hits in the case of s.MP and color the opponent blue when they enter hitstun.

Her airgame reminds me a lot of Parasoul so maybe Robo's claim to fame will also be strong normals like Parasoul.

Reactions: Shockdingo
Dat EVERYTHING
the lighting effect on the opponent is really interesting, I hope there's a whole mechanic about it
And I hope she gets original palettes soon

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
I would love a Robo-Rider Palette.
not because of Kamen Rider.
but because they're both robot versions of their characters.
10-18-1401271120.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Wenzel
I'm so stoked for Robo-Kitty. She's lookin' like a lot of fun to play, plus new characters are always exciting! What usually makes or breaks a character for me is the nature of their normals, so I'll be eagerly awaiting the day she's added to the beta.

can't believe that all she heeds is her c.hk and her j.hk and she'll have all of her normals animated.

I'm still going to find this weird having Robo Kitty's sweep be cr.mk. And that her cr.hk is going to be a vertical projectile that may or may not act as a launcher. The electric effects are cool and with any luck we can see her get more Random weapons coming out of her, just like all robots should.

I also found intresting that Mike said that beams are now a thing in SG. So maybe "Purr"ton cannon super?