• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo-Fortune: "Why Do I Feel Pain, Creator" edition!

Gimmie Mewnibeam please!

I also hope the Dorothy palette happens.

Also I claim Robo/Fortune and Fortune/Robo.

I'd think Skullgirls could do beams from day 1, what with Peacock's Argus Agony.
nope. Argus was not a beam until the last couple of updates. Argus' beam part was actualy quick hitting projectiles that had spacing in-between them. This is why in the retail some combos where the opponent has to land on an argus may sometimes fall thru the beam part of the super. This is why Mike Z stated on the Salty stream that beams are now a thing.

• She may end up being free for everyone, depending on how much work is needed to create her. This is the reason she was not included in the DLC pack IndieGogo backers got with their Skullgirls keys.
  • She's currently slated to be released with the PS4/Vita versions of Skullgirls Encore in late Q1 2015.

- So, R.Fortune may end up like " the first DLC Char." like Squiggy and all the DLC Chars. was supposed to be released? because personally I don´t my if this "save" Skullgirls franchise.

- Gonna be first on Retail PC/ PS3/ X360 or would be all plataf. multiple release?

Also I claim Robo/Fortune and Fortune/Robo.
Sorry, I already did since the existence of R.Fortune

Also, I am extremely excited about R.Fortune's c.MK being a sliding sweep. I hope that c.HK (which will hopefully have a vertical hitbox) can be linked off of c.MK, that way, in case they called in an assist and jumped, can knockdown the assist while hitting your airborne opponent.

What Mike said about her s.HK being an overhead interested me considering he said he wants her to keep Fortune's snap-out animation as the animation for it. I would imagine a lot of players blocking it low because of how it looks. Regardless, I'm all for having two normals as grounded overheads (since I'm a Fortune main, and the only grounded overhead I have to work with is El Gato off of a Cat Scratch, with head on).

Purrton Cannon super plz... ;-;

Last edited:
Reactions: ink_deer
yah she will probably be the same as Squigly for the first three months, it would be on all consoles around the same time aside from the beta,

no clue what you mean by "I don´t my if this "save" Skullgirls franchise."

Found this on twitter
B9OeHOFCUAACASf.png:large
This is awesome and very well put together. I love our SG players from over the pond.

What's that last one? o.O
Bottom right? It's her tag in. It's supposed to be a reference to the time travel effect used by the Terminators.

Edit: NINJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Reactions: PME

Maaaaaaaan I don't even know who you are but I don't think you could beat me at a FT7 for it.

This goes to anyone else who claims those teams.

Reactions: Icky
You're going to have to fight every person in this thread for that combination.
Although I'm going to be running Robo/Parasoul and call the team "Steel-toed Boots".
"Puss in Boots" is my Parasoul/Fortune team.

What Mike said about her s.HK being an overhead interested me considering he said he wants her to keep Fortune's snap-out animation as the animation for it. I would imagine a lot of players blocking it low because of how it looks.
I'd be in favor of switching s.MK and s.HK to make things visually consistent. I don't like it when games have overhead moves that come from below, it's confusing as hell and if you're like me and block on reaction to animations it will catch me up a lot.

Maaaaaaaan I don't even know who you are but I don't think you could beat me at a FT7 for it.

This goes to anyone else who claims those teams.
fite me

fite me
I will have to fly to Brazil for that one 'cause hahaha west coast and brazil ping. AHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahaha.... ;__;

Reactions: CaioLugon
*looks left, looks right, screams at top of lungs and throws everyone into a wrestling ring to wring them until there's ringing in their ears and the hospital rings their next of kin to confirm that truly, tragically and triumphantly Shockdingo gets to claim to the Fortune/R.Fortune team* ""Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite tiiiiiiiiiiiem...ForTheSakeOfGratuitousAndNeedlessViolence!"

Imma call that team Team Metallikats (man I miss Swat Kats...)

You know, in the Beowulf thread we held a tourney when he was put onto the beta. The same could happen for our metal feline when she makes it into the beta.
Anyone interested?

One of the biggest reasons I would play her is because of the possible Dorothy palette. I love Big O so much!

her tag in. you know from Terminator.
Bottom right? It's her tag in. It's supposed to be a reference to the time travel effect used by the Terminators.

Edit: NINJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Oh. I missed the stream (and no one seems to have the video clip out of it this time!) and didn't know.

I love the freaking headlight. It's so cool. Though RF's scoping out BB's crotch o.o

I bet big band being a cyborg makes his robot parts sexy to robots now.

I wonder if her self destruct special proposal mentioned long ago will still be in her moves. I wanna see how many fights I can bring to a draw because everyone died from it.

I bet big band being a cyborg makes his robot parts sexy to robots now.

I wonder if her self destruct special proposal mentioned long ago will still be in her moves. I wanna see how many fights I can bring to a draw because everyone died from it.

Yep, like R. Ky.

Yep, like R. Ky.
I've never really seen or played other fighters much so sadly I don't know much about Robo-Ky aside from him being an inspiration from her. I didnt even know Robo-Ky could self destruct.

:(

I've never really seen or played other fighters much so sadly I don't know much about Robo-Ky aside from him being an inspiration from her. I didnt even know Robo-Ky could self destruct.

:(
Here's a primer on Robo-Ky

If you are looking for another fighting game to play I can't recommend Guilty Gear Accent Core enough.

WELP WE HAVE GONE FULL ON MAHVEL. PERSONA HAS CONFIRMED WHILE ANIMATING THAT ROBO KITTY WILL HAVE LAZORS AND THAT THEY WILL BE SPECIAL MOVES.

AKA CYCLOPS BEAM ASSIST IN SG WITH A POINT PEACOCK AND DOUBLE ANCHOR. RIP EVERYONE.

WELP WE HAVE GONE FULL ON MAHVEL. PERSONA HAS CONFIRMED WHILE ANIMATING THAT ROBO KITTY WILL HAVE LAZORS AND THAT THEY WILL BE SPECIAL MOVES.

AKA CYCLOPS BEAM ASSIST IN SG WITH A POINT PEACOCK AND DOUBLE ANCHOR. RIP EVERYONE.

I dunno, considering her j.HP I'd consider her more a Magneto than a Cyclops. Soo.... are we talkin' beams like Disruptor?

EDIT: watched some of Persona's stream. Looks like it's Disruptor/plasma beam.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh finally. Been wanting a beam assist for a long time now.

On the other hand, beam assist can be good against Peacock. Get in her face, call the assist. She will be forced to block while upbacking, hopefully hitting her assist... Where are you going?

Or just try to find a gap in her projectile game, call the beam, create an even bigger gap...

Just checked the stream. The beam they are referencing is Ultraman's Ultra Beam.

edit: She also has Fortune's s.HK as her j.HK and it's a propeller

Last edited:
So far Robo Fortune sounds like a poweful character with great offensive and defensive moves without any real build style. What I'm wondering is, does the explosion mode trigger as a sort of gimmick? Or is it a special that boosts stats and then makes her explode for damage? I can't find any real downside to R.Fortune right now based on what we have other than she's heavy and has no pojectiles YET, but we know she's getting some.

So far Robo Fortune sounds like a poweful character with great offensive and defensive moves without any real build style. What I'm wondering is, does the explosion mode trigger as a sort of gimmick? Or is it a special that boosts stats and then makes her explode for damage? I can't find any real downside to R.Fortune right now based on what we have other than she's heavy and has no pojectiles YET, but we know she's getting some.

"(Disclaimer: This info is from early 2013, and may no longer be accurate.) Both Mike and Alex have signed off on the idea, and Robo-Fortune is confirmed to have detonation mode! Similar to the detonation mode of Robo-Ky of Guilty Gear fame, Mike gave a nice explanation of what it is (and how it may work for Robo-Fortune) during Salty Cupcakes"