• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo-Fortune: "Why Do I Feel Pain, Creator" edition!

I must have missed when he explained how it would work. I knew R. Fortune would have it, but not what it'd do. Eh, I'll go back and look at that. Which Salty was it again?

I must have missed when he explained how it would work. I knew R. Fortune would have it, but not what it'd do. Eh, I'll go back and look at that. Which Salty was it again?

Read the first post.

Reactions: Wenzel
Also something I noticed in the Stream from earlier this morning that I forgot to timestamp.
I saw an animation where Robo was crouching and pushed her pelvis region which caused her chest unhinge from the abdomen. I think that might be related to her detonation mode and I'll try and find that frame again.

can't believe that all she heeds is her c.hk and her j.hk and she'll have all of her normals animated.

I'm still going to find this weird having Robo Kitty's sweep be cr.mk. And that her cr.hk is going to be a vertical projectile that may or may not act as a launcher. The electric effects are cool and with any luck we can see her get more Random weapons coming out of her, just like all robots should.

I also found intresting that Mike said that beams are now a thing in SG. So maybe "Purr"ton cannon super?

Mew-on Cannon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muon

Space Cat Lasers?
Rikounya!
...I really just wanted in on the cat laser puns...

Just checked the stream. The beam they are referencing is Ultraman's Ultra Beam.

edit: She also has Fortune's s.HK as her j.HK and it's a propeller
yo, like she goin' Tiga? cuz if she goin' Tiga lemme on that too.

Space Cat Lasers?
Rikounya!
...I really just wanted in on the cat laser puns...
There there....it's ok. We can't all be good at puns.

I'm all for some purrton cannyans, though.

There there....it's ok. We can't all be good at puns.

I'm all for some purrton cannyans, though.
Whenever I try to think through that, the Purrton Canyans, It always sounds weird...like, especially weird for a joke of it's kind :/

Addendum. I think the Ground laser is a special and not a normal but now I'm not sure. Heres a screen cap and I'll let someone more capable make a gif of the animation if they are inclined.
Robo_cHK.png

(Source)

The coding stream where mike shows off the j.HK is here

I think it's a special, since the only ground normal she was missing was her c.hk, which was being worked on already

I think it's a special, since the only ground normal she was missing was her c.hk, which was being worked on already
Yeah, I saw that stream in the sidebar on twitch and realized I'd made a mistake.

Whenever I try to think through that, the Purrton Canyans, It always sounds weird...like, especially weird for a joke of it's kind :/
Ah, but did you do it in a robotic voice?

Addendum. I think the Ground laser is a special and not a normal but now I'm not sure. Heres a screen cap and I'll let someone more capable make a gif of the animation if they are inclined.
View attachment 8162
(Source)

oh yeah. this is definitely tiga.

hopefully she'll have a tiga or other ultraman skin.

ahhhhh. I think i got away from her. I think i'm safe guys...
OH GOD DAMN IT! NOBODY TOLD ME SHE COULD FLY!

holly shit, this is real? im totally hype about R. Fortune, god damn it.

yeah this morning Mike was working on her on the Lab Zero streams after Persona was done animating. So we got to see some of the cool things that go into making robo kitty.

No, it's fake. Ninja painstakingly animated those frames himself for the sake of a joke.
I WOULD HAVE DONE THAT. IF I WASN'T SO DAMN TIRED, AND WORKING ON SOMETHING ELSE.

cannyan
can-NYAN?! Holy shit that's some next level stuff right there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Covenant
To be honest j.mk reminds me of Sentinel's j.dhk move from X-Men COTA.

COTA-Sentinel-j2HK.jpg
i mean, kinda... Robo Kitty's whole body spins but hey same idea right?

Well now I know one possible move inspiration for Big Band

Excalibur_FOOL.jpg

That rendition lacked the proper emphasis! Each syllable must be stressed and timed perfectly for one to truly appreciate the genius of the phrase! The way that was phrased is an insult to our Robou-sama......I've spent too much time in the Eliza threads, haven't I.

Excalibur_FOOL.jpg

That rendition lacked the proper emphasis! Each syllable must be stressed and timed perfectly for one to truly appreciate the genius of the phrase! The way that was phrased is an insult to our Robou-sama......I've spent too much time in the Eliza threads, haven't I.
Not like I was honestly trying.. geeze >.> =p

Whoa, that's pretty crazy. Robo is looking better and better with each passing day.

So I was rewatching Mike's programming stream (since who needs sleep?) and found the few seconds where that mysterious animation appeared here

Turns out it's just Robo's c.HK (which I hadn't seen the stream for until after Mike's) but the part where the head flies off hadn't been implemented so all I saw was her pressing her pelvis and a new head rolling out.

Also @BrandX+ You're avatar has been bugging me for a while now. I know that's Ragyo from Kill la Kill but why the heck is she making that kind of face? I'm getting nothing from a google search but you and a link to /tg/

I'm loving how Robo-Fortune's coming out so far!
Also @BrandX+ You're avatar has been bugging me for a while now. I know that's Ragyo from Kill la Kill but why the heck is she making that kind of face? I'm getting nothing from a google search but you and a link to /tg/
No don't do it man! It's too dangerous to risk an incest doujin! It'll Kill la Kill you man!

PM me. I can't say in public lol

Honestly, I haven't been this excited in a character in a long time. She seems like she has a lot of similarities to Sentinel (The dash was the first thing I've noticed that was similar). I cannot wait to see how beams work in SG lol

No don't do it man! It's too dangerous to risk an incest doujin! It'll Kill la Kill you man!
...too late.

Honestly, I haven't been this excited in a character in a long time. She seems like she has a lot of similarities to Sentinel (The dash was the first thing I've noticed that was similar). I cannot wait to see how beams work in SG lol

Same for me. My IGG picks didn't make it through but, while Eliza and Beo are turning out to be fine characters I'm not really hyped about them. Seeing a character that's modeled around a character from one of the only fighting games I've ever been serious about is a huge draw for me. I can't wait for her to hit the beta.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna get dinged for this or something but this paragraph made me spit out my drink laughing.

View attachment 8162
(Source)

QAPGQF6.gif

so the beam isn't full screen? Damn I hope the H version is, at least.

Its confirmed that the beam would be a L, M and H version?
There are very few moves I can think of that are essential offense moves that don't have L M H variations, so I'd assume yeah until proven wrong.

There are very few moves I can think of that are essential offense moves that don't have L M H variations, so I'd assume yeah until proven wrong.

That make sense.

rurbp9ac.jpg

It's the Ultra Beam.

I was wondering what the reference was with the beam of energy coming out of her forearm and all. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be her c.HK, but I'm all for it being a special.