• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Like I said, only if you pre-order.
thank you. That's all I needed to know. I was just worried because the cards are listed among the picture of the limited edition of the game and I didn't know if that was because standard wouldn't get it.

again, thank you for answering my question.

you know, everybody says the plot is stupid, but to me, it's a well thought out final party for P4.

the story is finished, they reached out to the truth, they've all fought hard and grown, and I think Atlus wouldn't want people to feel sad when they're gone.

we're getting a giant dance party with a story that, to me, feels like a last hurrah for the P4 characters. everyone says it comes off as a cash grab and I feel PQ is the actual cash grab. I have the same feelings for DAN that I had for the opening of Golden. the game is familiar with me. it knows me. it knows I like these characters. and it doesn't want me to be sad when they're gone. it wants me to be happy.

and the main reason PQ feels like a cash grab is BECAUSE the P3 characters are there.... as they were in P3. Arena shows that theres a time gap between P3 and P4, yet here everyone is still in high school!

Both of the games are essentially cash grabs lol. Atlus know damn well P4 could have stopped at Golden (and it should have) Atlus is just manipulating peeps 'cause they know folks are batshit crazy over Persona (and they should be) which is why I don't mind the manipulation 'cause I'm one of those folks.

and the main reason PQ feels like a cash grab is BECAUSE the P3 characters are there.... as they were in P3. Arena shows that theres a time gap between P3 and P4, yet here everyone is still in high school!

I believe they only chose that setting 'cause that would the best way to somehow bring P3 Protag Makoto back into the spotlight. I've heard the story/ending of PQ will be "mindblowing" and I am certain that it involves Makoto breaking free from his "destiny" or some crazy reason I will love since I want more P3 Protag in my Persona soup.

well, why not solve the Minato thing in the ARENA? where his fate has already been decided?

hell, one of the P3 characters entire reason for being in the roster is to help him! plus, Arena shows what the characters have been up to since the P3 story ended. PQ just feels like a cash grab more than DAN because they still are in the high school timelines for both.

plus, if Minato tries to undo his destiny it could undo what happens in Arena and I don't want that.

well, why not solve the Minato thing in the ARENA? where his fate has already been decided?

hell, one of the P3 characters entire reason for being in the roster is to help him! plus, Arena shows what the characters have been up to since the P3 story ended. PQ just feels like a cash grab more than DAN because they still are in the high school timelines for both.

plus, if Minato tries to undo his destiny it could undo what happens in Arena and I don't want that.

Wouldn't make sense if it were solved in Arena. I don't think they would choose that game to resolve Makoto's fate anyway 'cause it just isn't the right platform. That's like taking the easy way out and it wouldn't feel right, it bein a fighting game and all. Unlesssssss, he was revealed to be some super duper boss character or something or a big part of the plot *i wish*.

I don't wanna debate which game is "more" like a cash grab (because both are) but I don't see how it wouldn't be DAN. lol That game is a total wtf.

And it's canon. Are you serious?? Atlus pulled that one right out their ass. Wouldn't be surprised if the idea for the game came from a dream or something lol.

Last edited:
naw man. DAN is canon. and it makes sense.

Atlus confirmed DAN is super canon.

EDIT:

Wouldn't make sense if it were solved in Arena. I don't think they would choose that game to resolve Makoto's fate anyway 'cause it just isn't the right platform. That's like taking the easy way out and it wouldn't feel right, it bein a fighting game and all. Unlesssssss, he was revealed to be some super duper boss character or something or a big part of the plot *i wish*.

again, that's the entire reason Elizabeth is in the game. it's her entire reason she's even in Arena. and they can always find a way. especially with the P4 characters, because those kids are really good at

Reaching out to the truth ;)

naw man. DAN is canon. and it makes sense.

Atlus confirmed DAN is super canon.

EDIT:

again, that's the entire reason Elizabeth is in the game. it's her entire reason she's even in Arena. and they can always find a way. especially with the P4 characters, because those kids are really good at

Reaching out to the truth ;)

I know it's canon...what I don't understand is WHYYYYY. To be honest, the game would be better if it wasn't canon because it would actually make more sense but we all know that if we were told it wasn't canon, some people wouldn't pick it up. I still would though, but I'm a huge dork.

Elizabeth's sole purpose in Arena is not to resolve the Makoto situation. She's in there so folks can spam that goddamn Maziodyne spell. That is cold hard facts. No, seriously, if she's in there for that reason, why didn't she just do in the FIRST Arena? HMMMM???

They can always find a way...and they will do so in Persona Q...with the help of those 2 new chars everyone ignores.

Elizabeth's sole purpose in Arena is not to resolve the Makoto situation. She's in there so folks can spam that goddamn Maziodyne spell. That is cold hard facts. No, seriously, if she's in there for that reason, why didn't she just do in the FIRST Arena? HMMMM???
maybe, just maybe, she hasn't succeeded yet. I know it's crazy, but it could be it.

first off, a quote from the wikia
Elizabeth's story mode starts with her destroying Erebus with Thanatos, though she laments that it will eventually reform after a year. She then senses multiple Persona users gathering in the Midnight Channel, which catches her attention. She thinks that if she investigates this unusual phenomenon, she may be able to find a way to permanently destroy Erebus, allowing her to free the soul of the Protagonist of Persona 3 from the Great Seal.

and I just think his mannerisms come off as smarmy and distant, like his hands constantly in his pockets. I don't hate him, I just don't care about him. I think Yu is the better protagonist in terms of being an avatar and having a personality given to him.

Mmk, mmk...so the situation is addressed or whatever butttttt....will she be able do it this time? Or will it end up being "oh, phooey it isn't possible because -outlandish yet logical reason here- Elizabeth can have an incentive all she wants, I just want to know if it'll happen in the game. Which I doubt it will and that is where PQ comes into play.

and I just think his mannerisms come off as smarmy and distant, like his hands constantly in his pockets. I don't hate him, I just don't care about him. I think Yu is the better protagonist in terms of being an avatar and having a personality given to him.

Hmm, mmk.

image.jpg

Guys plz
Well I guess you're not fighting more like debating (which is much more productive) so eh

ye guy. P4A is a good fighter for newcomers to jump into. a not too extensive moveset and a great single player experience. hopefully ultimax doesn't take any of it away.

just wait till you unlock everyone's favorite little toaster's story mode. :,)

I have never really picked a main in P4A. I like Labrys but I'm not too great with her. Yu is a good standard, but he feels too obvious. and I mainly only used Yukiko because at the time her Dia was super broken. like, she could avoid instakills with it. fuckin' insane I tell ya.

No it's just that Teddie fits a lot of tropes I like in a fighting game character.
He's cute, he's got teleports, he's got randomness and confusion fu, I like him a lot.

Naoto was my main, which is weird because I usually don't play zoners. Something about her combos and overall feel felt better for me than... welp... every single other character in the game.

Playing the game again recently, I realized really quickly that I freaking suck with almost every character! I am just awful! I cannot play any character that isn't Naoto or Kanji (who I am tolerable as).

I can't even play Yu, the P4A equivilant of Ryu!!

No it's just that Teddie fits a lot of tropes I like in a fighting game character.
He's cute, he's got teleports, he's got randomness and confusion fu, I like him a lot.
I call that stuff shenanigans.

for Ultimax, I plan on maining Sho, because:
I love characters with red hair
1836926_1312436070793.63res_225_350.jpg
169361.jpg
Hana.jpg

cross shaped scars
ddd888048d0b30_full.png

and the fact that he has two serated swords with triggers on them
FOR NO RAISIN!

I think that is a special move if I recall, it sends him back a bit so it's good for a safe fakeout. Both of his crouching moves are great too, crouching B is an awesome anti-air and launcher.

And you thought her intros were good

4:53 is hilarious
"I hate to say this but HEAT RISER"

Last edited:
His back B has Shadow Teddie inflict fear, it also has a scream which is just great.
there's a reason for that scream

:PUN: but it's in the main Persona 4 story.

I get the reference you know.
Still have a lot of other characters to play/try out.
I like Elizabeth but holy glass cannon Batman.

I get the reference you know.
you get the reference, yes.

but you won't get why many people feel very uncomfortable around Shadow Teddie.

imagine a character staring into your soul, telling everything you do is useless, breaking down everything you've done, actually getting you to question yourself.
562192_233909986719229_2045088689_n.jpg

one being, telling you, there is no truth.

god, I love Shadow Teddie.

Back