• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Yoo we Lupin the 3rd now? TOO HYPE!

Also if our protagonists are a band of thieves that the police clearly can't catch, maybe we'll get a cameo of the detective prince and her robot motorcycle partner?

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
-Yukiko looks pretty as usual
-Naoto looks a tad more feminine now
- Nanako dancing
- Majority of tracks revealed
- Tempting bundles
- No gameplay still

That last observation was the only dissapointment for that game so far.

P5 seems to be taking the best of the newer and older persona games. Dungeons and the overworld has more life and variety now. More customization options too. I like the main cast so far since it is Shiki Nanaya, Naruto, Junko Enoshima, and mascot. Only concern so far is the likely stealth stuff.

I'm fine with stealth stuff and arguably hitting an enemy from behind was already an element of stealth, but I don't want segments where stealth is the top priority. This is what killed me for some segments in Freedom Wars that overall just slowed down the primary appeal. As long as the game doesn't turn into asassins creed in segments then it's good.

From the looks of it, the stealth segments are gonna be pretty quick and more timing based than anything. I highly doubt it'll suddenly Metal Gear Persona on us XD

Those DAN special editions though...
The CRAZY VALUE pack (priced at 9,800 yen or $83 US) has the full soundtrack CD (two discs), downloadable content, and a special box.
P4D-Dated-JP_Box_002.png

or there is the one that comes with a fancy Vita and all the CRAZY VALUE pack goodies for 28,980 yen or $250 ish US
P4D-Dated-JP_Box_006.jpg

More importantly though, first print copies get a special P5 blu ray which has a special video of the game. Maybe that will come out here too (or just get uploaded online somewhere).

Here's some avatars/icons of the P5 crew that whoever wants to use them, can (looking at you Clawsome):

f6h7oTv.png

WaKCfO3.png

IN90Nns.png

wGUrt5d.png

Also, not sure if anyone caught this part but when the cat shows up, very briefly are latin words for the 7 sins, superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (sloth), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath), acedia (sloth).

ajiBgVx.png

P-Pie senpai you didn't have to do that
I'm glad you noticed my pic stuggle though so thaaaaaaaanks

Also those might be our 7 party members and/or dungeon themes yay

From the looks of it, the stealth segments are gonna be pretty quick and more timing based than anything. I highly doubt it'll suddenly Metal Gear Persona on us XD

Metal Gear Persona: Revengance by Platinum Games featuring Travis Touchdown from the No More Heroes Series

It's a yes from me

I like the main cast so far since it is Shiki Nanaya, Naruto, Junko Enoshima, and mascot.
Would be canon if not for
10923291_874269569273809_8982022701399422842_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'd rather get Shadow Vanquish with Aigis as the main character before that. :PUN:

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Dancing Nanako?....Ok...This game gets weirder and weirder. Also, what's with the shadows? Don't tell me beat them DDR-style?!
Nope. You beat them Project DIVA-style.

Last edited:
Reactions: SanoBaron
Anyone besides me feel a Philemon vibe coming from the mc near the end when he puts on that mask.

Reactions: Arcana
I don't wanna get dancing all night, but hearing that you fight shadows through the power of dance or something like that has grabbed my attention
also chie

WAIT WAIT TIME TO MAKE HISTORY IS REMIXED BY AKIRA YAMAMOKA?

FUUUUUUUUUUUU DAY ONE BUY

Something I didn't notice until a Reddit post pointed it out: in the battle scenes of the P5 trailer, the person who's taking action holds their stat board as if they were in a police lineup.

Well would ya look at that they do
Next to this and Prison Velvet Room can't wait for more prison symbolism

Yoink, P5MC icon is mine.

But uh, I heard some terrible rumors that the combat system wasn't gonna be turned based anymore? If that's true then I'll cry mad tears.

Wasn't gonna be turned based? That sounds ridiculous! I hope they basically take the P4G system and use that, maybe bring back physical elements.

Those all-out-attacks man, this game in general. I died laughing when the teach threw the chalk at our head. Looks like the entirety of the game is gonna be more interactive.

I am going to shit liquid molten fury if Demon Negotiations are in this game
eff that noise.
I'd just be fine with some Shadows turning into demons/persona you use.
Which would fit the whole mask/persona thing.

>might not be turn based

Hrrrrgghhhh
I have mixed feelings

While actually running around in battle like Ni-No-Kuni except with actual ninja thief speed and attacking with weapons and switching Personas on the fly a la action games like Bayonetta or DMC sounds cool I would really miss it not being turn based
The one JRPG who pulled off free movement mixed with turn based combat for me was Eternal Sonata and it worked on a lot of levels though

Fight starts at 1:30
Don't mind that murky looking thumbnail the video is clear as day

Off topic but you should play this if you like JRPGS it's really cool and you actually learn about bits of Chopin's life in between cutscenes and whatever just play it okay

Sidenote: Somebody snatch the last P5 avatar so you, @CountofBleck , @BeatNinja , and me can start our persona vigilante adventures

Last edited:
Reactions: BeatNinja
I highly doubt demon negotiation is gonna be in it, unless they bring back persuation to get cards, but at that point I'd be expecting Katsuya to be chasing us down, which would actually be amazing

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
Real-time action RPG's have grown in popularity recently, see Ni No Kuni, Xenoblade Chronicles, FFXV... I dunno, I don't think they'd sell themselves out just to do what all the other 'cool' JRPG's are doing.

Sidenote: Somebody snatch the last P5 avatar so you, @CountofBleck , @BeatNinja , and me can start our persona vigilante adventures

I shall lead us well. NOW WHO'S UP FOR A STAKEOUT?

YO EVERYBODEH! GET HYPE FUR DANSING AWLL NAIGHT!
AKIRA YAMAOKA REMIX! WOW! SO BEAUTIFOH!
AWLL RIGHT! GANGSTA NANAKO REPRESENT!
ROCK ZA HOUSE WISS ZA JUNES!
help! I have entered the DJ Zone and I can't break free!

I'm not being P5 Naruto so I pass.

And I still don't think so, if it was real time, how would All-Out Attacks work?
They'll probably still be using One-More!
Well hitting with weaknesses could easily just down the opponent for a period of time...which would be abusable in real-time...

No one's gonna take yellow hair? Eh, I was getting bored of my hand-drawn avatar anyways.

YO MAN! DEVS SAY NO NEGOTIATIONS!
COO' DEMONS ROCKIN' AGAIN!
Can you dig it Babeh?

I'm not being P5 Naruto so I pass.

And I still don't think so, if it was real time, how would All-Out Attacks work?
They'll probably still be using One-More!

If it was real-time they could still use the "down" and "one more" systems, so theoretically if you down every enemy it could trigger your teammates to use an all out attack just like we're used to.

That said, if P5 isn't turn based I'll be initially disappointed. If they want to use realtime combat why not revive the Devil summoner series and focus on whatever modern day descendant the Kuzunoha clan has running around?

and we'll get to see what the Narumi Detective Agency has been up to.

I mean, besides being the home of the Kamen Rider Detective.
Narumi_Detective_Agency's_Outside_(Episode_45)_with_Shotaro_outside.jpg
you can't get upset over me saying this! they share the same exact name!

What do you know about my higher quality avatars
GMQjShj.png

9POhuSB.png

MDqMDSR.png

U8kpFUC.png

Thanks for the upgrade old chap

Best persona users on the forum right here

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BeatNinja
Be a huge bummer if not turn based.

Also the promotion of Dance seems to make it really hard to find some gameplay.
9LH1coy.png

I guess they just want to show off the flashy stuff.

WAIT HOLD UP
UP THERE
TOP LEFT
ITS MARGE
*YELLING IN PERSONA SOUNDS*

Also looks like Yosuke got a perfect on his performance there
He's been on a mysterious winning streak as of late

y'know, after seeing some of the SMT nerds response to P5's announcement, I can say P1/P2 fans are some of the saltiest most butthurt people I have ever seen.

you've clearly never been on a fighting game board before
... wait a minute
yeah, and that's sayin' something.

I mean, I wouldn't feel this way if P1 people would stop giving me the same schtick all the time: damage control

Last edited:
Ok I missed the trailer this morning but managed to watch it around lunch time, and only now can get on here, so here we go:

lKPEb1e.gif

Now with that being said, I see Avi's have already been claimed so I'll step aside on that one.

Man, there's just a whole lot to absorb in. Like will the sneaking parts maybe trigger advantage fights, or how they summon their persona's, or maybe the masks and outfits are a representation of their personas. Also for the love of god no more pun jokes. Teddie, I'm looking at you...don't you start snickering Sho you too!

I'm full on all aboard this hype train and there ain't no getting off now.