• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Original costumes for DAN added
Yu-Stage-Costume-A.jpg

Teddie-Stage-Costume-A.jpg

Teddie-Stage-Costume-A-2.jpg

Rise-Kujikawa-Original-Costume.png

Remember Tiki appeared in Genei Ibun Roku #FE? From the Megaten wiki (http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Tiki):
"She is the key visual character of a vocal software called “Singaloid TiKi” that is currently a huge hit among Internet users. It’s currently an ongoing trend with the youngsters to upload new songs by Tiki on the Internet"

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
gasp

C A N O N
C O N N E C T I O N ? !

Those outfits are pretty good. Nice to see them branch out of copy/paste all the P4G costumes or making color palettes.
Wouldn't be surprised if these were dlc

P4 Dance Dub trailer
The original dub voices are still slowly dropping off. Think only ones left are Yosuke, Yukiko, Nanako, and Yu. Shame no dual audio again, but expected.

why the hell so few people avoid commenting the girl's quote is "Hello, i'm your PRIZE COW!"

where are the filia jokes?!

Man, the facade is breaking ever so well for the MC.

You can see the "fuck you up" in his face on image 2.

why the hell so few people avoid commenting the girl's quote is "Hello, i'm your PRIZE COW!"

where are the filia jokes?!
The place where unfunny jokes belong.
Teddy's suit.

He's mine
I want him

There's no swag like Sho's swag

Dancing All Night Opening

Kanji confirmed winning due to excessive spinning

so I took a look at a stream that was doing P4 DAN and honestly I would urge everyone to not buy this game.

Some beatmaps are nonsensical and have awkward timings.

Dance mismatching with song genres.

Really bad dancing from character models that loop at least twice if not three times within the same song.
(Kanji's locking is so weak and half-hearted just watching it broke my heart and I almost cried)

The game could've been great but it just seems like it's a full-on cash grab with no actual effort put into some of the important parts of rhythm games especially spectacle/animation types.

at least Tanaka didn't let me down

is that Jun in those images
is a good character from a good game actually gonna be in Persona 5

is that Jun in those images
is a good character from a good game actually gonna be in Persona 5

Supposedly he's a rival thief and his Persona is Goemon.

i hates it
where's the policeman with the Zenigata persona

Really bad dancing from character models that loop at least twice if not three times within the same song.
(Kanji's locking is so weak and half-hearted just watching it broke my heart and I almost cried)

The game could've been great but it just seems like it's a full-on cash grab with no actual effort put into some of the important parts of rhythm games especially spectacle/animation types.

That's something I noticed from the trailers I was worried about. The animations seemed to be so odd and stiff.
Shame to hear that seems like it's the case.
I don't think Atlus knew what they were doing when they made this game. Arena was good because they took a company who had a lot of experience in that genre to develop it, but here it's just Atlus making it themselves. The project probably should have been dropped when Dingo left development.

It doesn't have the love that Arena does, to me. It feels a lot more like a cash grab than that, and it just makes me a bit disappointed.

The animation for the trailer is nice, though.
I'm very happy Adachi is going to be DLC. I wanted to watch him dance around so badly.

Also, is it just me, or does the Persona 5 protagonist's face look a bit... Off? It doesn't look right.

I fucking knew it

Edit: That P5 protag face though
NEW-P5.jpg

More importantly
Persona-5-Igor.jpg

Last edited:
welp

How long did it take for that SMTIV trailer to leak? That way I know how long it'll take for this P5 stuff to actually happen.

this whole pv#2 being exclusive to japanese customers buying DAN is really stupid and Atlus should know they won't be able to plug every single leak

Saw Marie coming right away. She always finds her way in these games. Oh well still based Kana Hana. Adachi was legitimately surprising, but then again the game has a mode that has nothing to do with the story [no idea why the Arena games didn't want to do this] so his inclusion can still work not to mention he is popular. More excited about 'Break out of' and 'Fog/Mist' making the cut though since I noticed they were missing before prior to these trailer.

Adachi is in
That's it everyone
Atlus won E3

Doesn't the E stand for eternal or

Also they are only playable in free dance mode like Margaret.

Hey remember when (P4 spoilers)
Adachi murdered people? Whatever, he's following the rules of the world which tells him to dance like the smooth criminal he is.

so I took a look at a stream that was doing P4 DAN and honestly I would urge everyone to not buy this game.

Some beatmaps are nonsensical and have awkward timings.

Dance mismatching with song genres.

I honestly found the opposite with Q and Ultimax feeling like cash grabs and this one looking like they actually cared about it. I am not saying it's perfect I see the flaws as atlus has never made a game like this before. I do feel though that this one comes across (to me) as the one game they wanted to make as opposed to Ultimax and Q which came across to me as they had to make (Ultimax especially so).

Well this is interesting
http://personacentral.com/atlus-con...me-if-persona-4-dancing-all-night-sells-well/

Pretty much confirms this game won't get P3 characters/P3 music via dlc because they would rather just make an entirely separate game for that because face it people will still buy it if enough people are gonna buy this game.

Even with P5 coming I have a feeling P3/P4 spin-offs won't stop as long as they remain profitable.

oh no! does this mean Yu isn't the King of Swag Style anymore?

YO NEW P5 IMAGES

vT7r6bO.jpg
Really putting that Catherine engine to work and I like what I see.

That's clearly the Katherine engine
Geez, can't you spot it when you see it

Reactions: Ambiguity
I'm terrible at picking up sarcasm/humor some times on the net but no they did change the engine they use to make the games. But they've clearly kept the same art style for the models.

The fact someone didn't get the joke and the only like on the post is from "ambiguity" amuses me a lot more than it should.

The fact someone didn't get the joke and the only like on the post is from "ambiguity" amuses me a lot more than it should.
No more night posting for me

Waiting for the trailer is suffering.
e2umLDU.jpg

Last edited: