• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

So, random thought...Ken's likely going to need a new, male English VA right? I mean, he had to have hit puberty in that 3 year gap...

Josh doesn't really do California dubs though
aside from that one jrpg he was in town for but that was because he was in town

Sho Minazuki (Personaless) character trailer is out

Edit: Silconera has an article about Ken/Koro fighting style details:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/21/persona-4-arena-ultimaxs-ken-koromaru-make-quite-tag-team-duo/

Ken uses a spear as his weapon and Koromaru fights with a kunai. As far as Personas go, Ken will have Kala-Nemi on his side and Koromaru with Cerberus. They’ll make a formidable duo with Ken excelling at long-ranged fighting and Koromaru’s speedy attacks.

For their instant-kill, both characters will be using their Personas at full strength, to pull off a powerful attack consisting of Kala-Nemi’s light attribute and Cerberus’ darkness.

Like most of the other characters in the game, Ken and Koromaru will have their Shadow-types. Famitsu doesn’t share too much details on the story behind the two, but it shows a glimpse of Shadow-type Ken saying, “Haha, what? You’re afraid of fighting a little brat?”

Last edited:
Oh no
Das terribleh

Something interesting to note about that takedown, though (found this on NeoGAF):

So there's this Persona Europe Facebook site that Zen made when they announced they'd be publishing Persona 4 Arena in Europe. Somebody asked them about the digital goodies you got from buying they game since they are no longer available. Here's what they answered:

"Hey there, I'm afraid I'm not sure why this is. Atlus are dealing with Persona 4 Arena for Europe now, so I'm guessing they have taken it down for some reason, though you will need to check with them for confirmation. Sorry I can't be much more help than that."

Reactions: Balder
Ton more screenshots released of Ken/Koro

My favorite one
mxz14Xn5BP5gqkbga143W1ec3IIhCP3S.jpg

Move over Mitsuru this is a real poke lol

Anyway he seems to have a decent AA reversal, good spear downward hitting angles, uses Kala-Nemi for some Zio based skills and Mediarama for some healing.

This also deserves an honorable mention too
pNR22dHwk5S6NJ37H8HGqhW521FtI9gm.jpg

Koro reminds me of Felicia with the stuff he can do.

Definitely gonna learn this guy.

Ken is now a teenage Billy Kane with doge because of that extending spear business.

Look at that ball of fur smile...He's like : "Yeah man I have an awesome orange hoodie and I'm gonna kick your ass with style....wouf !"

I wonder what happens when the Koro meter runs out

Does he just chase his tail until it recharges or what

Also wondering what their OMC combos will look like whan attacking in tandem with each other

I'm gonna guess Koro would be knocked out (not sure if temporarily or permanently although it would reset by next round) since it seems more likely to be a health meter then a move meter( no decrease shown when Koro is doing stuff). Ken having mediarama which is a party heal type skill seems to support that line of thinking.

there's not enough fire in the world to purge this thread from existence

Reactions: DDB
SO ANYWAY GUYS

Spring of Birth came out, and it was good. A few weird models at spots and the pacing during the Emperor/Empress confrontation was somewhat poor, but it's a HUGE step up from Persona 4 The Animation. Definitely recommend picking it up if/when it gets a dub.

there's not enough fire in the world to purge this thread from existence

Just Fire Break I guess

This is required to happen now. No ifs ands or buts about it.
You should have said "butts" :PUN:

I think medirama will replenish koro bar

BREAKING NEWS: A limited edition of P4U2 has been announced, called the "Premium Newcomer Package". Aimed at newcomers to the P4A series, it includes several interesting things:

1. The original P4A's story mode as DLC.
  2. EVERYONE's glasses DLC.
  3. 12 exclusive BGM tracks from previous Persona games as DLC. Highlights include the intro music to P3, P4, AND P4G, Heaven, Never More, True Story, Kimi no Kioku, and Time To Make History.
  4. Teddie and Mitsuru navigator DLC.

I WILL BURN MY DREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
BREAKING NEWS: A limited edition of P4U2 has been announced, called the "Premium Newcomer Package". Aimed at newcomers to the P4A series, it includes several interesting things:

1. The original P4A's story mode as DLC.
  2. EVERYONE's glasses DLC.
  3. 12 exclusive BGM tracks from previous Persona games as DLC. Highlights include the intro music to P3, P4, AND P4G, Heaven, Never More, True Story, Kimi no Kioku, and Time To Make History.
  4. Teddie and Mitsuru navigator DLC.
And then it became abundantly clear I should've waited to get P4A Ultimate edition.

Oh yeah, they give you the EASIEST to get Navigators, but none of the Score Attack ones.

This is both good and bad news. Good news that the long delays should be reduced to a degree, but bad news for anyone wanting physical copies.

Final found an amazing thread!!!

You must not have found the Annie thread yet.

Does someone has a persona with high magic and Bufu skill ? Cause I think Europe needs some after this huge Agi Atlus casted...

Ken/Koromaru promo trailer

All I can hear in the beginning was the Ken fangirls rejoicing his addition lol. He is looking really fun to play with his nifty extended spear and dog companion. Now just reveal Adachi already and I'll be largely satisfied with the character roster.

Golden Arena Mode promo trailer was released too. Looks like a fun mode to kill a few hours.