• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Though if I get P4A, I'll probably be online here and there
I'll play some online. I'm super rusty though.

I'd be willing to play you online if you end up getting P4A.

Apparently, the tarot card Yosuke slashes in the P-1 Climax intro is of The Moon. How fitting.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
So am I. At least, compared to the tourney and online-level people I normally fight.

dude, her Dia used to absorb EVERYTHING even insta-kills.
And? You'll get baited and immediately buttfucked. No good player is going to just throw out shit for Yukiko to absorb. Especially not insta-kills.

And? You'll get baited and immediately buttfucked. No good player is going to just throw out shit for Yukiko to absorb. Especially not insta-kills.
it was just something godlike that could absorb ranged attacks and forced people to come near her. the first time I discovered this it was against a naoto who constantly spammed the bullets. it was like the player was dumbfounded. I then destroyed him because I was pretty good with yukiko, and my dia healed me all the way.

But here's the problem: Dia can only be held for so long. Also, there is the need to actually attack in order to win, and that applies to Yukiko as well.

But here's the problem: Dia can only be held for so long. Also, there is the need to actually attack in order to win, and that applies to Yukiko as well.
yes. I totally only won all my yukiko matches with her Dia and didnt bother to learn any of her other moves or combos.

1366252438094.gif

Eh. Also, Yukiko can't really get big damage without using Fire Boost, which hurts her slightly. And even then it has to be used many times in order for the effect to be significant. Finally, Persona Break. 'Nuff said.

Eh. Also, Yukiko can't really get big damage without using Fire Boost, which hurts her slightly. And even then it has to be used many times in order for the effect to be significant. Finally, Persona Break. 'Nuff said.
gasp! Yukiko has weaknesses? I did not know this!
1366252438094.gif

But in all seriousness, I know about Yukiko being a zoner and making much use of fire break and her persona break being her biggest weakness. I use other characters besides yukiko ya know. dat yu and labrys!

I kinda wonder if all the Shadows will have different Instant Kills too.
...Probably not.
dont doubt arksys. they might just surprise us.

I still don't get Instant Kills in the context of P4A...
But I guess they make sense in P4A 2, now that I think about it.
What's more satisfying than defeating your shadow, or a friend's shadow?
Utterly destroying it.

I still don't get Instant Kills in the context of P4A...
But I guess they make sense in P4A 2, now that I think about it.
What's more satisfying than defeating your shadow, or a friend's shadow?
Utterly destroying it.
its pretty much just a hype thing. like the astral finishers and instant kills. hard to pull off and have a high risk/reward system.

its pretty much just a hype thing. like the astral finishers and instant kills. hard to pull off and have a high risk/reward system.
I guess, but in the context of the game (fighting your friends), it seems to be a bit out of place when you outright kill your friend just to look hype/cool.

I guess, but in the context of the game (fighting your friends), it seems to be a bit out of place when you outright kill your friend just to look hype/cool.
its all for the sake of hype. and in the story (which you better take the time to read everything) is super good and doesnt ruin any of the characters personalities. (Kanji is still Naoto-sexual)

"Instant Kills" has zero relevance to the context of the story. It's a glorified "final attack" which vary from character to character on how violent they are. The fights are not to the death according to the story in P4A which Shadow Labrys regretted not doing.

The game follows the "it should kill, but doesn't" philosophy. Not gonna get into the plethora of "instant death" moves present in Persona which is essentially an auto ko.

Similar situation with P3 Fes when Aigis essentially had to "kill" the other P3 main cast characters outside of Fuuka and Metis.

Seeing Narukami using Myriad of Truths on Yukiko is just a flashy way to end the fight but doesn't essentially "kill" but Ko.

the insta-kills in the game though are quite fun. some are in jokes to the games the characters come from, like Chie's ever popular galactic punt.
galactic_puntChie.gif

tumblr_m7drundkwz1qalg6oo2_r1_500.gif

Do the glasses happen in the anime Galactic Punt Cutscene if you have them?
Yes, they also appear in the portrait if you use a special move & when awakening happens.

Reactions: Jutsei
Sure sounds like it's worth it, probably more noticeable than some other "Skins" on characters in fighting games
Alternate colors also appear on the super, IK and awakening portraits.

Lemme check that for ya.

EDIT: Hope you've got some space free; it's 6 gigs large.

If people have a Vita but no Persona 4, Persona 4 Golden is also on sale on the PS store:

Persona 4: Golden Sale Price: $19.99 Original Price: $29.99

Holy fucking shit.
How many gigs is it in size?

Without any of the DLC, I'm pretty sure the game is 6.5 gigs

Jesus Christ.
I got a puny 80 GB PS3.
So chances are I'm better off getting the disc release.

This is the price I pay for getting the MGS 4 PS3.
She's still going. She's a sturdy tanky. REliable as Hell!

Jesus Christ.
I got a puny 80 GB PS3.
So chances are I'm better off getting the disc release.

This is the price I pay for getting the MGS 4 PS3.
She's still going. She's a sturdy tanky. REliable as Hell!
theres an option to install data to the hard disk drive and it takes like, 2-3 gigs alone. I say get the digital and make room for it. the most you'll need is a little over twice the space (because the space reading options on the PS3 is kinda weird)

I guess. I dunno, I'm still mulling over this, basically.
Though I'm sure it'll be worth it.
I would say it is.

What I'll probably do is see if Amazon has any Black Friday Deals on physical copies.
If there's dirt cheap, I'll just get that and nab the discounted DLC while I can.
If not, Ultimate edition.
That's what I'll do.

Also woo, be sure to enlighten us on any cool happenings there

Well, Naoto has a crazy-powerful SB Awakening kick. I think it countered and hit for somewhere around 4500 damage.