• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

It's a comfy theme. Kind of makes me pine for a 70's themed persona where disco is alive and the only way to face shadows is through the power of dance.

Then I remembered that somebody wished on that monkey's paw and we got DAN as a result.

well
latest
Kandori looks like a sleazy music producer, just use him again
clearly we could have had a magical musical adventure about fighting the corporations while under the banner of a different corporation, developed by a corporation

InB4 Persona 1 and 2 high quality remakes never

i just want like
some acknowledgement of them from the newer stuff
i mean P3 had, like, a solitary mention of the Nanjo Group in the story and that's basically it.
And then Arena beat around the bush, making us think that Ol' Nyar was back in action, but it just turned out to be some shitlord new guy and his shitlord OC
really tugs at the heartstrings, is all

Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society

i just want like
some acknowledgement of them from the newer stuff
i mean P3 had, like, a solitary mention of the Nanjo Group in the story and that's basically it.
And then Arena beat around the bush, making us think that Ol' Nyar was back in action, but it just turned out to be some shitlord new guy and his shitlord OC
really tugs at the heartstrings, is all
I think that if the same writing team behind Arena did Ultimax's story, we would have actually gotten Nyarly again. That being said, SMT games in general are meant to be standalone, so it makes some twisted sense that the pre-social link era of Persona only gets teases and cameos.

I heard something from a few friends about ANOTHER remake for Persona 4 called Persona 4 Platinum. I havent much on it...has anyone else?

yeah it's got an all new mode that let's you play as Waluigi with new personas from the WAAAAArld arcana
you can't romance anyone, but just wait and see how Waluigi's presence in Inaba changes the flow of events

How long til an EU release for this then? Apparently ATLUS games take ages to get here? Thinking of picking this up when it comes out and it'll be my first SMT game (unless Persona3FES counts)

Edit: Also the main character design has really grown on me, and I really wasn't a fan at first

It doesn't even have a release window in the US so it will be quite some time, why not play IV though? While unnecessary, this is still a sequel to it and it definitely has a lot of carryover.

It doesn't even have a release window in the US so it will be quite some time, why not play IV though? While unnecessary, this is still a sequel to it and it definitely has a lot of carryover.
Im already halfway through watching a walkthrough of SMT4. maybe shouldnt have done that lol

Friendly warning that Final spoilers are now loose.

Also, new Satan, who has already been discussed in this thread.
1455433349779.jpg

satan honey no
what did they do to you
where did your many beautiful titties go
why this

Sooooo

it seems like the prudebat hit the persona x idolm@ster game too...

One of the characters's costumes got a design change because "sexy bikini and underwear is evil" Twice as weird because the rest of the game still has other suggestive clothing. (and if i were to bet, obligatory beach episode too)

check this video from an earlier version

And now a quick glimpse @2:16

Version has been updated.

actually, I heard the >SEE THROUGH< pants were added so they could market the game in some places or something involving marketing.

btw, yes they are apparently see through like Tharja's outfit in some parts
genei_extras_preorder04.jpg

Yes, only to say that they have no plans for it at the moment. But that was a few months back. I think we'll get an announcement at E3 or something.

As for music. Best track right here:

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
Imagine if we got #FE but not Final.

It'd be especially weird considering how much better Final sold despite nowhere near as much advertising.

Imagine if we got #FE but not Final.
Give it another couple weeks and I'd be willing to bet actual money Final will come out after Persona 5 at earliest, if at all.

Final has The Dagda in it, so of course it will be good
Not good as in good in quality, but rather good at everything, in true Dagda fashion