• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

I mentioned this many pages ago, but I still think it'd be cool if he switched weapons on the fly like MVC3 Ammy, considering he can use different weapon types. I propose sword for regular weapon, boxing gloves for advanced close range/pressure focused gameplay, and bow and arrow for long range zoning and keepaway.

I think we've already got our required bow and fisticuffs users. Maybe a small axe and a spear instead?

Take what has been said regarding Yu and P3MC, and apply it to this situation, then.

I personally thought that if P3 protag made it in, he would be much more versed with controlling persona's. Therefor, he could be like a puppet character. At least... more so than the others.

I think we've already got our required bow and fisticuffs users. Maybe a small axe and a spear instead?

I'd be cool with that, but then we wouldn't need Ken. I need my Ken, man.
Maybe give him a scythe for his long range weapon.

Actually a plot to get Eliza palette for Makoto

I dunno. I just think there really isnt a need to bring him back as of right now. I figured elizabeth had the wild card from the start and therefore was able to not be tied down to one element. either way, if he doid come back, she wouldn't have much reason for staying.

I dunno. I just think there really isnt a need to bring him back as of right now. I figured elizabeth had the wild card from the start and therefore was able to not be tied down to one element. either way, if he doid come back, she wouldn't have much reason for staying.
Well, Shadow Labrys as she was in the first game probably no longer exists, and she's still playable in P4U2. I doubt they'll cut someone from the roster completely because of story implications only.

Shadow labrys shows up in the opening cutscene

Which is almost entirely made up of Midnight Channel illusions, and even then only for a split second. She ain't important anymore.

Got some new trailers for Chibisona.

What's weird is that translations are saying that P3 protagonist's name in this game is Minato Arisato...

Let the flame wars commence.

Reactions: Jutsei and DDB
Aw yeah, MINATO ARISATO IN THERE.

Which is almost entirely made up of Midnight Channel illusions, and even then only for a split second. She ain't important anymore.
I highly doubt that they would put her on the Arc System Works website with her move list if she wasn't going to be an actual playable character. Shown here beside PerSHOna (this is also his move list)

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/p4u2/chara/s_syo.html

Note: What I said is that she's not IMPORTANT. Important does not necessarily mean playable, or vice versa.

And now for something completely different: PerShoNa's IK!

Last edited:
Lengthy IK is leeeeeeeeengthy.

Couple of PerSHOna clips, courtesy of Dengeki Online.

Some Shadow Naoto combos. I play Naoto so I love these combos

And here is PerSHOna's arcade mode and palettes:
Part 1
(Palette 11 (Guilty Gear) - Zappa

Part 2
Should be noted that 2:29 of this video shows the other Shadow Labrys with Ariadne. Yes there are two Shadow Labrys

His glasses (same as Sho)
MH8zB5i.gif

Purchasable Palletes
Yj9vL6y.png

Last edited:
Reactions: SkullMan
its kinda creepy how PerShoNa ik makes the opponent disapear but their shadow is still there

Reactions: Jutsei
So his GG color is that of a person whose body is under the control of something else when the fight begins?

That lends evidence to the current theory going around regarding him.

PerSHOna IK = SHO-TIME

Since Persona 5 was announced, we should totally make a best of list of the fan made Persona 5 music from that one Youtube channel.

Just fought Mitsuru for the first time in P4A Score Attack. She's frigging ridiculous.

She can freeze you (and probably charm, though I didn't check to make sure) by doing as little as breaking one of your throws. And most of her other moves also freeze and/or charm!

Just fought Mitsuru for the first time in P4A Score Attack. She's frigging ridiculous.

She can freeze you (and probably charm, though I didn't check to make sure) by doing as little as breaking one of your throws. And most of her other moves also freeze and/or charm!
She's giving you the Cold Shoulder and you will fucking like it.

Now you know how part of Akihiko's school life was like.

It dosnt appear any longer than any one elses IK

No I'm totally fine with that.
ZUN's been doing that for year and I haven't minded at all
I accidentally posted to the wrong thread.

does anybody else feel dirty when they're playing a grappler that DOESNT have 360 commands?

Nah. Means that I can get the big-damage grabs out without jumping (Cerebella being an obvious exception).

Nah. Means that I can get the big-damage grabs out without jumping (Cerebella being an obvious exception).
yeah, but bella still has a 360. and real grappler players can do even 1080s without jumping.

image.jpg

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Something to listen to while you count your presents (or pieces of coal).

Reactions: SkullMan
Dem calendars.

Also, I guess Persona Q takes place before Shinji

Kicks the ol' bucket for Ken.

It takes place in September, of course it does.

That's been apparent since the very first trailer, Clawsome.