• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Beta Aug 5th Patch Discussion

1fht87.jpg

Doing Cerecopter does more damage at the cost of less meter. cr.MK, f.HP, Excella also whiffs midscreen at the end of certain combos vs some characters so sometimes it is better/safer to go for cerecopter.
same combo bnb
7.729K - copter
7.676K - excella

ok so less than 100HP difference fair, I'd still do it to take away the chance of it randomly switching. I've never had FHP>excella whiff in my midscreen but then again I may be doing a combo that lets it happen well, good to know it can. and FHP cerecopter whiffs on almost everyone midscreen so...

[edit] I'm gonna say no to her 5LP being good, she has plenty of other things that are pretty fast if you want range and let her convert, and especially with all the other tools she has at her disposal her being deficient in some regard makes her less brain dead.

Oh and the last request.....can we somehow....i don't if its even possible, but PLEASE. make double's jab better? I legitmately do not know how to make it better but jesus does it actually sucks for converting sometimes.
maybe doing the same was done with peacock, extend the hitbox just a littlebit.

smol patch

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/528441854348959515

As always, the full changelist is HERE.

Title screen build ID 15260

General
- Bugfix: Projectile assists now always correctly add undizzy at Combo Stage 3+, just like physical-hit assists do. Previously, projectile assists could only add undizzy after that character was DHC'd out, whereas physical-hit assists would always add it.
- Online matches now properly reflect each player’s voice choices, so you can have English vs Japanese of the same character, or voice pack on one side vs EN/JP on the other, or whatever. (Japanese voices aren’t added to the PC version yet, but since this required changes to the character select networking I'm putting this build up so any problems can be found.)
- Because of the change for English vs Japanese voices online, the online opponent character voice enable/disable option now defaults to Yes. If changed to No, it will now block all opponent voice choices, not just alternate voice packs.
- Bugfix: Fix implementation of Training Mode's Drama setting so that 5 undizzy is not mistakenly added when the opponent is hit. Oops. (thanks Worldjem!)
- Fixed some tutorial bugs, including all bugs where Beowulf’s Canis Major Press wouldn’t land. Thanks to everyone who reported them! :^)

- Bugfix: Projectile assists now always correctly add undizzy at Combo Stage 3+, just like physical-hit assists do. Previously, projectile assists could only add undizzy after that character was DHC'd out, whereas physical-hit assists would always add it.

THANK THANK THANK

Is this a bug? Or working as intended and I'm requesting a change? Bomb jump j.mk triggers gold burst even when you set to burst on the first hit, i.e., bursting the j.mk and not the explosion

Magnet > Double lv3 on Bella midscreen tends to whiff a lot, when it's fine against the rest of the cast

Maybe making Beowulf's grendel flex vacuum on the first hit? I get into a lot of situations where I loop flex but it just drops, as the opponent falls out after the first hit and the second hit is out of range.

I would like to request that we be able to hit fortunes head during a double snap. If the head is in the corner and they call assist I think it's fair if I double snap to be able to hit the head during the snap.

[Edit] I worded this horribly.
I would like to be able to hit Ms.Fortune's head during a double snap when she's getting the infinite done on her. It wouldn't really affect it if it's not put in I guess, but it's been bugging me for a while that you can't. Especially because it falls off during a double snap (or any snap).

Last edited:
I would like to request that we be able to hit fortunes head during a double snap. If the head is in the corner and they call assist I think it's fair if I double snap to be able to hit the head during the snap.
No.

You'll get situations where THIS is the most optimal thing to do, and nobody wants to sit through this garbage.

Timestamp 2:28 in case it's lost.

You'll get situations where THIS is the most optimal thing to do, and nobody wants to sit through this garbage.
yeah, this is the opposite of what I meant and I worded that badly, I mean if someone calls Fortune assist and I snap them. I understand that you don't want to be able to hit both characters during a double snap, but if someone calls her as an assist and I double snap them I would like to be able to hit both the head and body.

[Edit] I guess this would lead to the same situation but only on 4chan instead of both characters

That's more reasonable but still seems like unnecessary work for Mike because she's going to die extremely fast anyway.
A lot of optimal double snaps don't even hit the head with anything more than cLK :S

If it's super easy I don't see why not though.

Would it be possible for training mode to show how +/- you are along with the start up, etc when an assist/projectile hits or gets blocked by the opponent? Currently it only shows this when you use a physical attack or chain into a projectile special (then it will show the start up of whatever move you started with and how minus you are). This would be useful for seeing how plus on block I am after certain blockstrings with assists and it would also be convenient to see how fast projectile moves start up without having to count the frames using the bar on the top of the screen in advanced attack data.

Looks like someone keeps requesting random shit without knowing anything about the game or thinking for more than 5 minutes...
not even gonna touch that...

Looks like someone keeps requesting random shit without knowing anything about the game or thinking for more than 5 minutes...
Germany coming in with bullets

Headless Fortune's Ground Super appears to still have that old problem where you kill with it and the next enemy character comes in while you are still in it / in recovery.

Have actually been unable to reproduce it in Training Mode, but it happened twice in games today - sadly with Replays disabled. Have them turned on now and will post when/if it happens again

I was able to get it. The opponent needs to be in the corner with the head. The opponent then needs to be airborne(probably through rekka) while an early hit of the super kills the opponent. Ms. Fortune is doing the drill thing on her head while the opponent comes in, making her negative.

Reactions: IsaVulpes
Previously, "should Marie get stunned" points were added based on the raw damage of each hit, so a solo added more points than a character on a team, and thus could stun her faster. Now all characters add points at the same rate, which is the rate that a 2-character team added points before.
uuuuuh, except a duo stunned marie more easily than a solo, and solos didn't have an easier time stunning marie than trios. I'm confused...
Bah, I'll just check how it is now and deal with it. If that's how I think it is, then that means everyone will have the easiest time stunning her. Can't complain :^P

Ahem...

Disregard me and my lonely muttering.

I'm all for the excellebella nerfs. I agree that it's stupid for the highest damage ender to also be an insanely high meter ender. No complaints from me as a bella player.

yeah i'm with you on that as well Icky.

I was also personally happy to see Cymbals get changed from having overhead properties. just felt better.

while i dont think its unreasonable that fukua get a combo off ground throw meterlessly (like you said, everyone else gets one) it seems like maybe having a good throw now on top of the fact that she has a + on block low that confirms and chains into itself might make her stagger pressure a bit too good? a lot of people i've talked to have suggested making c.lk x2 not plus, and I think that sounds like a good change to compensate for the fact that she can now convert throw into full setplay with no meter.

I agree with pickles, making c.lk(2nd hit) -1 or 2 or even just 0 might help?

Edit: can double's level 5 bombs stay on the screen?

everything regarding level 5 has been nerfed and the explosion doesn't do anything unless you have otg and do your combo. BUT the funny part is that you're better off just doing a full undizzy combo and then doing moai head and you net more damage.

Double Edit: on second thought. Fukua's c.lk c.lk is +6 +6

how about changing from +6 to +2 or +1 on the 2nd hit?

Last edited:
Headless Fortune's Ground Super appears to still have that old problem where you kill with it and the next enemy character comes in while you are still in it / in recovery.

Have actually been unable to reproduce it in Training Mode, but it happened twice in games today - sadly with Replays disabled. Have them turned on now and will post when/if it happens again

It happens to me all the time, it has to do with if you negative edge the head and allow it to get hit by the super.

Reactions: IsaVulpes
I suggested it before but incoming being delayed until x frames after the super flash would be nice :V

Peacock comes to mind for this issue too.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
is it possible to make 17 and 39 super jump inputs or does that fuck up anything?

Reactions: gllt
Do peacock players actually like the B+K input to teleport after a bomb toss? It kinda messes me up a lot =/

It has messed me up once or twice, hadn't thought about it much though. But yes, usually I prefer to throw a second bomb than teleport back but it usually isn't a big misinput for me.

I'd actually like if only LK teleport would cause you to teleport backwards. I've had a few instances where I was near the corner and I throw a bomb and then try to do HK teleport but end up just pushing myself back further into the corner.

Can assist excellebella not effect my points excellebella's meter build when used later in the combo??? ??? ????

Magnet > Double lv3 on Bella midscreen tends to whiff a lot, when it's fine against the rest of the cast

It shouldn't ever if you late DHC from magnet so that they don't ground bounce at all. Mike taught me that.

Unless Bella is weirder than I thought.

Reactions: PME
Do peacock players actually like the B+K input to teleport after a bomb toss? It kinda messes me up a lot =/
I have gotten accidental teleports quite a bit ever since the change happened and it's pretty annoying.

Reactions: gllt