• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Lore Speculation

It's the fact that Squigly and Levi are somehow connected with Abbadon to the point that she can have space powers.

Leviathan doesn't really look boney either. In his default appearance his body is as smooth as a snake (or a worm?) It was only in certain conditions that make him look segmented.

However I do want to point out that red Levi's head looks different from the current Levi.

As a little note for you, Leviathan is a Serpent, and judging from the nature of the parasites, I consider him to be fairly normal (If Samson can morph into one giant ball of monstrosity all by himself, then Leviathan is also able to do it.)

Take *that* FengxCerebella and MinettexMsFortune shippers!

(For those who didn't watch Salty tonight, @Night Phyre (the newly announced VA for Beowulf), asked Alex a bunch of lore questions including the official word on those two relationships.)
df7fba15e8c898a233db1d76f7f1649d6846796149e70715f8dd4c4817983475.jpg

Not quite speculation but it's something I've been wondering for a while now.
I find it kind of strange that Lorenzo is a blond and his three sons are all dark haired (Yes I know there are such things as 'mothers')
But Filia is also blond, which is either from her blond mother or inherited from her grandmother.

It's not that I think this means anything I just find interesting that the blond hair of the Medicis skipped a generation and also Filia's mother has more of a biological resemblance to Lorenzo than her father (unless you count the big bulbous noses, which are signature to the majority of male Skullgirls characters anyway.) But once again, there is no thesis in the works, just making really general musings.

HOWEVER with the new reveal that Dahlia is, in fact, not an elf, I can go back to my theory that she is Filia's mother! Wooooh!
(Although to be honest I always hoped that Filia's mom was the one decent member of the family...)

Nifty theory, but I always thought of Lorenzo as having white hair (like it was black in his youth, but grayed with age) as opposed to being blond.

47Xj9or.jpg

image from page 35 of the SG Digital Sketchbook

Too bad the Lorenzo (who still possesses the Life Gem) shown in Squigly and Parasoul's story modes is never in full color (the sepia tone of memory or on television). So there is no way to tell for sure if he is blond or white.

Speaking of ancient white things, I'm still thinking about MMB's post from the previous page about Leviathan. I agree Lev may share Squigly's "undead" status so maybe his more healthy appearance would be something pinker and rounded-edges.

But noooooooooooo way for Black Dahlia being Filia's mother. :D The Cyborg Granny was a veteran from the ASG probably before Big Band's time so she may be too old to have a 16-year-old daughter. I mean, she may not have the um, the uh, the equipment to do so (how much of a cyborg body does she have?).

But noooooooooooo way for Black Dahlia being Filia's mother. :D The Cyborg Granny was a veteran from the ASG probably before Big Band's time so she may be too old to have a 16-year-old daughter. I mean, she may not have the um, the uh, the equipment to do so (how much of a cyborg body does she have?).
Speaking of Dahlia, I've often wondered about how exactly damaged she is, particularly her face. A lot of the older concept art for her gives a pretty clear particular skull shape under the veil, implying there's not a whole lot of skin under there, and generally only one of her eyes is ever really shown. Her art has fluxuated pretty wildly though, going from having only one mechanical limb to several and even sometimes changing her hat (!) so it's not really much to go on.

However, there's been a neat tidbit staring everybody in the face I hadn't noticed before. I never really bothered going through Double's frame dump in the art compendium before because it's almost entirely made up of existing frames. I finally did tonight and noticed the first frame in Dahlia's appearance in her level 3:

Dahlia important frames.png

All the other guest characters either just appear instantaneously fully formed or they grow out of a smudge that already has the same general shape of the character. Only Dahlia gets a a very specific detail shot like this. I wonder if it has much significance?

@Night Phyre did talk to Alex about her and at least confirmed she's not an Elf like I previously thought based on how her ear is drawn in story mode, so clearly looking too deep into art is rarely a good idea, so take this observation with the grain of speculative salt that it is!

She's secretly Annie on stilts.
Now you ruined her for me.
thanks

After some chatting about the Multi-Filia madness on the train stage thread, I've come up with the ultimate future prediction lore speculation for Ms. Boring.

I see Filia's story going from her boring amnesia plot going right into THE DARKNESS.

The Darkness as in the game/comic series. Not the band. Or the bad guys from Destiny.

Why? Because its a story about an heir to an organized crime family getting access to a chatty parasite/hellbeast covered in tentacles and teeth and going on a rampage.

Last edited:
The game and the comic are pretty widely different in story.

And if it follows The Darkness, I'm pretty sure that means Painwheel gets killed, Then Filia kills everyone.

And if it follows The Darkness, I'm pretty sure that means Painwheel gets killed, Then Filia kills everyone.
Maybe that already happened?

Carol did wake up on an operating table. And Filia already forgot something terrible happening?

I remember The Darkness being particularly horrible like everything else Garth Ennis has ever touched so how about we drop the whole thing?

why she wears a veil
View attachment 8748 btw betty white should totally voice Black D if she ever gets ingame
"You don't have the money to pay the Medici back, do you?"
"Mm-mmm"
"...And you thought you could stab your problems away?"
"Mm-hmm."
"Silly goose, why didn't you say so? *Snaps fingers* Get him, boys."

Has it actually been confirmed if Lorenzo has been using the Life Gem to stay youthful, or is it just heavily implied? I hear it mentioned a lot on these forums and I'm not surprised as a lot of the Story Modes - especially Eliza's - makes it come across that way! Either way if 14-years-prior Lorenzo looked like this and the Lorenzo now looks like this, then this bust of him on the Medici Tower stage kind of looks an age in-between IMO. If the bust was built at a 'middle-age', then would that mean the decorations in the Medici Tower (or the building itself) are fairly new, or that possessing the life gem would make you younger rather then just preserving your current age?

Also does anyone have any idea what the (literal) bloody hell Gehenna is? I know it's named after a place outside ancient Jerusalem where the worshippers of Baal had child sacrifices, but who where the sacrifices? Unused Skullgirl candidates (ala Double's ending) or maybe it's a demonic compilation of corpses killed by the Skullgirl? And if Gehenna is around by the Cathedral and underground, then it's probably being hidden for a reason. I'm guessing it's being guarded by Double for whatever reason, like it's their life force or important to the trinity or something.

Oh and on the topic of Black Dahlia, there is this concept art on the wiki that has 'stiches' on her back that look a lot like Ms. Fortune's. That is probably just the way it's drawn though and is a remainder from her non-cyborg days.

Last edited:
Oh and on the topic of Black Dahlia, there is this concept art on the wiki that has 'stiches' on her back that look a lot like Ms. Fortune's. That is probably just the way it's drawn though and is a remainder from her non-cyborg days.
The real Black Dahlia was a woman who was gruesomely murdered in the 40s - her body was found in two pieces, severed at the waist and her face was mutilated with slices cut into her mouth.
I dunno if the stitches are still there on her current design though - notice she doesn't have a mechanical leg in the concept you linked.

Reactions: evacino
If the bust was built at a 'middle-age', then would that mean the decorations in the Medici Tower (or the building itself) are fairly new, or that possessing the life gem would make you younger rather then just preserving your current age?
I always jokingly thought of it as "Egads, I'm rapidly ageing! Quick, sculpt me a bust while I still have my dashing good looks~".

Also does anyone have any idea what the (literal) bloody hell Gehenna is?
According to this recent lore reveal, Gehenna is what remains of the highly advanced civilisation that was ruled by Lamia thousands of years back.

The stitches directly reference the real life Black Dahlia murder victim, who was (among other things) cut in half at that height. You'll notice more recent moveset concept art preserves the stitches.

Ah, great! Those helped clear things up. I have read through this thread before, I just forget/miss some things (even though that Gehenna thing was on the last page, mind you). Who knew that highly advanced civilisations would be so gross?

A lot of people tend to add the fact that Lorenzo is seeking the Life Gem to keep his youth on the wiki, but I always undo it since I can't find an actual source for this other then it being very likely speculation. If it is there though and I just missed it then I would totally be happy to add it back on again.

Also I know it was mentioned before that with Beowulf's weight being 287 lbs, it meant that Alex's original comment on him being a Cruiserweight doesn't match-up, as that would be two weight classes down (he would be on the low end of a Super Heavyweight, which is about 280-450lbs). This makes sense as he literally wrestles giants, but was it ever clarified as an in-universe weight class thing or as a genuine mistake? Whatever it is I am hype for Beowulf's bio to appear on the website. I always like seeing what a characters likes and dislikes are!

Last edited:
A lot of people tend to add the fact that Lorenzo is seeking the Life Gem to keep his youth on the wiki, but I always undo it since I can't find an actual source for this other then it being very likely speculation. If it is there though and I just missed it then I would totally be happy to add it back on again.
They've kinda done everything except explicitly state he needs it to keep himself alive. Even the most current photo the Meridian news networks have of Lorenzo shows him as a youthful man, while he's actually almost liquifying he's gotten so old.

Reactions: evacino
Given Beowulf's new line vs. Peacock and adding it with Peacock's own winquote vs. him, I think it's safe to say that the "real vs. fake" stigma of professional wrestling is reversed in SG's universe

Everyone in the know has to say it's fake to keep kids <and executives of tv/other sports> placated, but in reality, it's SUPER REAL AND SUPER HARDCORE

Given Beowulf's new line vs. Peacock and adding it with Peacock's own winquote vs. him, I think it's safe to say that the "real vs. fake" stigma of professional wrestling is reversed in SG's universe

Everyone in the know has to say it's fake to keep kids <and executives of tv/other sports> placated, but in reality, it's SUPER REAL AND SUPER HARDCORE
It might help if you actually told us what this line is.

I wonder how Grendel's getting disarmed can be explained as "fake"?

Note that it's not damaging Grendel that made Beowulf retire, it's killing his mother.

It might help if you actually told us what this line is.
Beowulf vs. Peacock Intro: "I told you it ain't real, go home kid"
Peacock Wins: "Ha, I knew wrestling was real the whole time!"
Note that it's not damaging Grendel that made him retire, it's killing his mother.
It's probably both, in fact if Tech is right then maybe Beowulf didn't retire out of guilt. Maybe he was forced to retire because his actions were too violent and obviously real in the ring, although he probably didn't have a choice.

So Beowulf's KO'd quote vs. Peacock: "Not fake..?"
Assuming he was referring to pro wrestling

Did...DID BEOWULF NOT EVEN KNOW IT WAS REAL

Reactions: CountofBleck
Did...DID BEOWULF NOT EVEN KNOW IT WAS REAL
I... I just killed the guy's mom AND ripped his arm off...
OH WELL! It's all probably just props! This blood? Probably just ketchup!
*Touches pool of blood and tastes it*
Oh... OH... OOOHHHH...
THEY SAID WRESTLING WAS FAKE MAN; I DIDN'T WANT ANY OF THIS!
*Retires*

Probably the same way Mick Foley losing an ear would be considered "fake."

Crazy, crazy idea time: It could be that Grendel's arm was infected or something and needed to be amputated, and they decided to include it in the show.

Doesn't explain Grendel's mom, or Alex Ahad's comment that "ripping off a guy's arm and killing his mom... that does things to you." It does explain why it's such a clean cut in-game, though.

Yeah... even I don't take this one seriously.

I always thought the whole "Its fake...?" Thing was Beowulf honestly considering he was fighting in fake events when he was taking the whole thing seriously.

Wait it all makes sense now! Beowulf thinks that everything is fake that's why he's whispering spots to people while he's wrestling them.
"Hope spot."
"Slow it down."
"Cover me."
He is legit acting like it's a performance being put on for entertainment and not an actual fight.

Reactions: Kuzlalala
I think its the opposite. The idea that he culd have been fighting people in faked events surprises him...I dunno, maybe not?

I think its the opposite. The idea that he culd have been fighting people in faked events surprises him...I dunno, maybe not?

Thing is the quote that you mentioned before is actually "Not fake...?" and is his lose quote when fighting Peacock. This is supported by the fact that his intro quote when fighting peacock is "I told ya it ain't real. Go home kid."

WAIT I JUST GOT AN EVEN COOLER IDEA!

Beowulf's dialogues with Double infer that she somehow decieved/fooled him in the past. What if she is the one who convinces him that it's all fake and ostensibly causes him to retire in the first place?

Beowulf is the realest motherfucker in Skullgirls, I w i l l f i g h t y o u.
I'm sticking with Tech's explanation, it's pretty convincing.

That is a really good point there.