• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Lore Speculation

Yeah, Tech has the best explanation in all honesty

I had always thought that Double would disguise as Beo's boss or something and tell him that they're hiring him again but the arena's in the streets.

I like the theory that wrestling for them is basically reversed, that it's actually real and they try to convince the audience that it's fake by making clues like that. I'm sticking with it.

I would think beowulf tells everyone it's fake because he dosen't want what happened during his last match (Grendels mother eating the audience) to ever happen so he tries to push people away from pursuing a wrestling career.

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
What if wrestling in the kingdom is fake? Wheh Beowulf ripped off grendels arm, what if that was all just done with special effects or something.

What if wrestling in the kingdom is fake? Wheh Beowulf ripped off grendels arm, what if that was all just done with special effects or something.
We've been over this already, it's confirmed as real.

I'm sure Grendels mother eating half the audience was fake.

Does anyone have any idea what this is? Alex teased this on his Twitter just under a day ago. Story art maybe?
CA1IvakVIAELjb3.png-large.png

TIME TO TEAR THIS IMAGE APART.

Wait will Skullgirls have giant mech battles now?

TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY!

I am just another one waiting for the day to be able to fight Mecha Bloody Marie.

Reactions: evacino
Whoa! That Brain Drain themed Gundam is super rad!

A1jaTil.jpg

I wonder if it is his desk (is Brain Drain arrogant enough to have a toy version of himself? What about the ashtray full of stubbed-out cigarettes? Is BD a smoker? Uses a metal part as a paper weight?), or a 4th wall break to a Lab Zero desk.

i wanna go off topic

how did marie get the skullheart anyways? is she a kick-ass fighter or...?

Probably just like how Squigly's mother got the skullheart, Double appeared all like " 'sup! here you can have this because yes" and Marie was like " 'k "

laaaaame

i wanna go off topic

how did marie get the skullheart anyways? is she a kick-ass fighter or...?

Double appeared to her soon after she escaped from the slave traders, probably when she was angsting. Marie saw the chance to wipe out the Medici clan and jumped on it.

Maybe the above image is actually a Robo Fortune story mode teaser. It sounds like if anyone would have a Brain Drain themed Gundam on their desk, it'd be Brain Drain.
That's what I've been thinking since I saw it. Sure it could be just a fun teaser in Beowulf's storymode, but it would have more impact and make more sense in RF's story since he made her. Could be cool to get to see his point of view for once! All I know is I'm hyped.

...Didn't one of Night Phyre's vids at L0's office have someone with a Gundam figure on their desk...

Maybe it's a shout out. Or maybe Beowulf visiting the L0 office.

Also if Robo Fortune gets a teaser before Beowulf... '_'

Last edited:
What if... Beowulf is a Human-Like Feral?

OK, I was just kidding. But who knows if Doctor Avian is a Bird-like human? Or maybe he's a Gigan? I wish I can see more men being human-like with animal traits or women being animal-like with human traits.

I can actually picture Dr. Avian having a giant pair of Angel-like wings under his lab coat, as well as Beowulf growing more body hair and growing long, sharp fangs if he walks under the full moon light, not turning into a werewolf or something like that, just growing more hair and the fangs but keeping his normal mentality.

I really don't see Beowulf being a Feral. I just think it's his whole stage persona. He doesn't have any features that give a hint about his inhumanity (heck, look a Wolverine, he has noticeable fangs) like fur, claws, fangs, pointed ears, alternate eye colours, etc. Also if he was, it would be weird wearing the skin of his brethren on his back. I know Alex stated that Dagonians, for example, don't have an issue with consuming fish, but still, it'd be weird to me.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Or... What if its a new stage that's actually a real life reference to Lab Zero? The possibilities are endless.

I really don't see Beowulf being a Feral. I just think it's his whole stage persona. He doesn't have any features that give a hint about his inhumanity (heck, look a Wolverine, he has noticeable fangs) like fur, claws, fangs, pointed ears, alternate eye colours, etc. Also if he was, it would be weird wearing the skin of his brethren on his back. I know Alex stated that Dagonians, for example, don't have an issue with consuming fish, but still, it'd be weird to me.
Also he might get his (stage?) name from reading books and took the wolf theme because he only understands what the "wulf" part means.

No really, Beowulf means "bee wolf", a kenning for a bear, and not... a... wolf.

Avery too? serious question.
The Avery Unit is a synthetic parasite, little more than a machine. Peacock uses it to give it a personality she decided upon, which is a bird in a dress. So I'd say that the character isn't real, but the machine is. Just a little different from the other cronies.

Don't take my word for it though, this is just the most likely explanation.

Isn't Double's Squigly disguise an elf, though?

I'd say this is a pretty cool glimpse at how the Canopy Kingdom went about fighting the Gigans.
(If this is canon, Panzerfaust isn't unique. Just a remnant of the military's heavy infantry.)

Interesting that Panzerfaust was only only one of a certain model of super soldier, is he the last of his kind perhaps??

I guess it's safe to say that even Ottomo is not an "original character" himself like Panzerfaust?
Examples:
tumblr_nn33beL76q1rip8ybo10_540.jpg

uHBVhbW.jpg

I actually noticed this because of the 4kids thread go figure.