• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Lore Speculation

Aeon nor Venus are evil, by Alex's words nobody is completely good or evil, but in this case the girls just do whatever they want heck they're probably not goddesses just stronger parasite hosts that are worshipped for all the wrong reasons remember there are other religions we just have proof these 3 are real

Aeon doesn't interfere with the characters simply plays(literally) every possible outcome
And Venus seems to act like an impatient teenage girl

They made the Skull Heart. You know, the source of all the suffering and strife in Skullgirls?
I have no idea where Alex Ahad is going with the story, but until proven otherwise Aeon and Venus are basically treating human conflict like a video game. That's pretty evil last time I checked.

Reactions: ACreationist
I love the ideas of Venus and Aeon! I could talk about them for ever! I am really interested about Venus, she could even become a good guy for fun's sake, or well, kind of, we know she is done with Mother, maybe she'll try to become the new and ONLY goddess... If she ever gets in the game:( Oh and I have two questions, Venus did appeared on Squigly's story right? Or what was it... I remember seeing Abbadon in one scene, what was she doing, oh and is Eliza's scythe a living weapon? You know cuz when you hit it it cries. I do not really know

I see Venus as basically a jerkass teenage female version of Hazama. As a god.

Reactions: ElizaLover4Life
This may have been answered already, but what's the main source of income for the Medici family? I've been trying to wrap my head around it. If we were to base them off of their historic counterparts, then the Medici family would be mainly funded by a robust banking system supported by a network of 'mutual favors' owed to them by the people of New Meridian.

A second possibility I've thought of is that the Skullgirls Medici family operates like the prohibition-era crime syndicates of the 20's and 30's. This would include racketeering in almost every illegal activity, most importantly bootlegging - the creation and sale of illegal alcohol.

This also raises the a more important question: Is the Canopy Kingdom under a prohibition act? Or failing that, where else has the Renoirs' administration screwed up so spectacularly in addressing the public interest, that the mafia essentially runs the city of New Meridian for them?

Reactions: Undeadtoon
This may have been answered already, but what's the main source of income for the Medici family? I've been trying to wrap my head around it. If we were to base them off of their historic counterparts, then the Medici family would be mainly funded by a robust banking system supported by a network of 'mutual favors' owed to them by the people of New Meridian.

A second possibility I've thought of is that the Skullgirls Medici family operates like the prohibition-era crime syndicates of the 20's and 30's. This would include racketeering in almost every illegal activity, most importantly bootlegging - the creation and sale of illegal alcohol.

This also raises the a more important question: Is the Canopy Kingdom under a prohibition act? Or failing that, where else has the Renoirs' administration screwed up so spectacularly in addressing the public interest, that the mafia essentially runs the city of New Meridian for them?
I think legally, the Medici, like there namesakes, own banks. Illegally, they probably do racketeering and human trafficking. I doubt that Canopy is under a prohibition act cause the Glass Canopy stage shows wine being drinked.

Last edited:
To add to my previous statement, it wouldn't surprise me if the Medici ran several "Speakeasys" that at first glance look like an average bar, but probably cater to various illegal activities such as drugs and prostitution.

The current mafia gets income mostly by the illegal market of drugs and weapons, 'scammed building contracts'(not sure how to explain this one), prostitution and child prostitution, human trading, extortion(expecially the so called 'Pizzi', sadly very common in Naples, where the mafia forces merchants to give them a part of their income every week/month), enslavement of children and immigrants, police and politic corruption, the classic Tax evasion, even the damn illegal tourism. So yeah there's a lot to choose between

The current mafia gets income mostly by the illegal market of drugs and weapons, 'scammed building contracts'(not sure how to explain this one), prostitution and child prostitution, human trading, extortion(expecially the so called 'Pizzi', sadly very common in Naples, where the mafia forces merchants to give them a part of their income every week/month), enslavement of children and immigrants, police and politic corruption, the classic Tax evasion, even the damn illegal tourism. So yeah there's a lot to choose between
this is why I specifically said Illegal activities as a catch all term

Am I the only one who thinks about how the Labs are organized?

Reactions: Psychophant
Am I the only one who thinks about how the Labs are organized?
To be honest? Probably. Considering how little light has been shed on the specifics, there's almost too much elbow room to really confirm or deny most theories and/or speculations. On the plus side, this means that anything goes as for the moment.

Pst hey guys, my mate got Alex to answer a few questions
I just wanna group hug both you and your friend right now. The answer that interested me most was the one about The Life Gem. The way Alex answered it makes it sound like it's made at least partially from Theonite.
If that's true then it strengthens my hypothesis that Theonite has life giving properties.

I just wanna group hug both you and your friend right now. The answer that interested me most was the one about The Life Gem. The way Alex answered it makes it sound like it's made at least partially from Theonite.
If that's true then it strengthens my hypothesis that Theonite has life giving properties.
My personal theory is theonite is some kind of jack of all trades material, depending how it's manipulated?
Since almost everything 'magical' seems to be made of theonite. I guess and equvilant would be the Ars Magus from Blazblue.

My personal theory is theonite is some kind of jack of all trades material, depending how it's manipulated?
My theory is that Theonite has origins in the Trinity, so it can be used for manipulating space, time, and life itself. That is assuming that the Mother is the Goddess of Life and Death. Your idea seems more likely though.

Since almost everything 'magical' seems to be made of theonite. I guess and equvilant would be the Ars Magus from Blazblue.
Nope Theonite is just used to get a bigger booty or boobies. That's why Filia, Squigly and Eliza have got such good assists. ;^)

Dafuq? Peacock doesn't have legs...

All that's absolutely certain is that she's missing eyes, teeth, arms, and ankles. Her model sheet makes no mention of her lacking her original legs, although it does make mention of how most of her body is indistinguishly augmented with machinery.

All that's absolutely certain is that she's missing eyes, teeth, arms, and ankles. Her model sheet makes no mention of her lacking her original legs, although it does make mention of how most of her body is indistinguishly augmented with machinery.

I'm pretty sure her legs are metal too. Anyone wanna confirm or deny?

Reactions: Denizen
Im pretty sure that isnt relevant to this thread

and now Im transferring it to another thread :^)
please remember to follow Skullheart's rules on derailment

You're not really doing much to improve my already egregiously low opinion of forum moderators...
I'm sure we'll all get very choked up over that, honestly there could be tears.

Double, Mother and Lamia all came up a lot in the Eliza Lore and Speculation thread due to Lamia being name dropped by Eliza when she fights Double. I'm gonna copy paste most of the conversation here. (Be warned, it's kinda long)

I noticed in the update that Eliza says "Lamia" when she switches out with Double!! A quote from Double also mentions Lamia; "Blessed are those who revere Lamia!" Weird huh? ;)
Wasn't Lamia, the name of the nun that Double's nun form is based on?

I feel like I've heard that somewhere, but I can't remember where.

Yep! Considering that Double is like a voice for the Trinity, that's saying something.

The text in this model sheet seems to imply "Lamia" is Mother's name. Makes sense given how motherhood was a crucial element in the story of the mythological Lamia.
index.php
Funner fact: cursed by Hera to be unable to sleep and Zeus granted her the ability to remove her own eyes in order to rest.

Eliza might possibly know of Mother's existence as well as be aware that Double's current guise is in her image.

Y'know that big shadow that Marie uses to attack in her second and third forms? It's called "Lamia" in the game files.

My personal theory with the "Lamia" thing, since the Trinity seems to be based on Christianity, Double might be a Jesus equivalent, God but not actually God.

Nah, aside from the way the chruch looks in the cathedral stage it doesnt really have anymore in common with christianity(as far as we I know), it even differs in the most important part: It is not a mono-deity religion.
I didnt play Doubles Story yet but she looks way to weak to be a half-god kinda thing, more like a general who is high enough up to just play bodyguard for the Heart. IMHO "Lamia" could either be just a spirit that comes to the one who posseses the Skullheart and serves her or a yet unknown character who needs someone corrupted (or marked?) by the Skullheart to manifests(Omg alternate dimension parasite).

In christianity there is a concept of trinity (the father, the Son, the Holy Spirit) so it still relates.
I think 'Jesus' is more likely to be the Skullgirl, Double is more of a Saint.

Either way, I don't think Double is Lamia/Mother, just a shadow of her, an avatar you will.

Yeah Double is definitely not the Mother, just a creation of the Trinity.

I still want to know why in Mother's name Eliza knows Double and what the relation is, Samson and Leviathan I can understand but I still can't see Eliza actively searching for the Skullheart.
She lived for thousands of years, I'm sure she met the Skullheart at least once. IT'S THERE. Hard to ignore
Hmmm... I've never thought about how weird it is that Eliza recognizes Double... is there anyone she doesn't have a history with?

I guess it's just because they're both really evil, really powerful and really old. Then again, neither of the other Parasites know her and they're pretty old right?

I think the line "My reign and your fall are long over due" sums up Eliza and Doubles relationship, though.

As for Double and the Christianity analogues I think it's like this: visually she's a representation of Lamia, similar in the way that Jesus is the Earthly representation of God. Though in terms of power and importance, I can see her more like a high ranking angel. (powerful in relation to mankind, but a subservient footsoldier to divinity) Also, with the angel comparison, it would go hand in hand with how some depictions describe angels as NOT looking like winged, chubby babies, but rather closer to confusing, other-worldly looking beings.

My personal theory on Lamia:
Both Double and Mother are the same being called Lamia. Double is the portion of Mother's face that is missing.

That...actually kinda makes sense, a little more then Mother being a being of creation and destruction. (or both? :V)

Anything anyone else can add?

Lamia theories: people worship the trinity they have to know of her existence, her intentions however, probably not. In the same way that God made man in his image, maybe lamia makes constructs (the shadow, double ect). Of course Eliza knows of Lamia if you lived a lengthy life you'd start to research and learn everything you could.

In story of Adam and Eve and Lilith, Lilith was the first wife of Adam who had a mind of her own and was anything but subservient she was then cast out and made into a demon.

What if Lamia had a male companion that betrayed her in some way making her heart become what is known as the skull heart
Thus making it incompatible with males and women into monsters
There's more i wanna write but I'm at work and on my phone

Plus what if Eliza is killed by an Asp biting her on the wrist

Reactions: ink_deer
Well now I'm just curious what the result is if you wish for something extremely vague or bizarre and the Skull Heart can't figure out how to interpret it.

Like, say you just wish for adjectives. How would the SH even figure out what you were referring to?

Like, say you just wish for adjectives. How would the SH even figure out what you were referring to?
It would probably ask you or it would just interpret it for the worst possible outcome.

From what we've seen the Skullheart won't be bothered if it does not interpret the wish correctly. It will grant *a* wish and a Skullgirl will be made one way or another. If the one wishing upon it chooses to make the wish vague and hence risk that a different wish than intended will be granted instead, the Skullheart likely couldn't care less.

Reactions: Cellsai
Well now I'm just curious what the result is if you wish for something extremely vague or bizarre and the Skull Heart can't figure out how to interpret it.

It would probably ask you or it would just interpret it for the worst possible outcome.

Skullheart: "Ah, okay. Let's see: flayed, tortured, slaved..."

Are Parasoul and Umbrella in a lose-lose situation?
Like, Parasoul is destined to become the Skullgirl in her story, and she has to train Umbrella to pretty much stop her when she turns.
Umbrella's still got Skullgirl blood, so when Parasoul dies and the heart is left, will her little sister succumb to its power?
I mean, wasn't she on the verge of death during Parasoul's story just by being near it..?

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
she wished for umbrella to NEVER become the SG

So if she's even near it, it won't affect her in any shape or form?

Well, someone could hit her with it.

Can we talk about the minutia of the lore revealed in Eliza's story here?

Not the story itself, just the trivia.
Not yet. Any content that has been revealed in Eliza's thread needs to be kept in that other place. New information about the world of SG will inform people of possible story threads.

Once the game has been out in all regions for a few days it'll be open season in here again, but for now please keep all related discussion in the SPOILER thread: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/spoilers-eliza-story-mode-discussion.5722/