• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

I could never learn dekillspeak, it makes my head hurt. I'll stick to the languages I know, English and Fox.

Reactions: gllt
Yeah, that's more accurate. I only took one class in dekillspeak way back in highschool so I forgot a lot.

A whole class?

Man, i learned dekillanguage on the job!

And thanks for answering my question :) i havent had the opportunity of playing high level fukua yet, but i do play against an always backing away fireball spamming one that makes me navigate a sea of shadows and fireballs and i havent seen it to be THAT strong... But i guess thats why one needs to play high level players.

And thanks for answering my question :) i havent had the opportunity of playing high level fukua yet, but i do play against an always backing away fireball spamming one that makes me navigate a sea of shadows and fireballs and i havent seen it to be THAT strong... But i guess thats why one needs to play high level players.
I don't agree with their assessment.

Reactions: Dime
Why can't people on Skullheart ever be this nice when they complain about beta changes?

I talk to JP SG players alot, and they are the sweetest people you would ever meet.

Wouldn't the optimal pattern be TK Air Fireball, Ground Fireball, L or M Shadow, TK Air Fireball, etc.? Then add in assists like H Brass, L Extend or H Double and add in Super Fireball for anyone wanting to punish assists or airdashing.

It sounds like it can be overwhelming.

Last edited:
Wouldn't the optimal pattern be Ground Fireball, L or M Shadow, TK Air Fireball? Then add in assists like H Brass, L Extend or H Double and add in Super Fireball for anyone wanting to punish assists or airdashing.

It sounds like it can be overwhelming.
You can do this already.

Fukua's Fireballs really aren't on the screen for a long time (aside from L.Dart on the ground), so this change is far less significant than it looks at first glance.
The main things Fukua gains are:
- Jump, Falling (close-to-the-ground) AirDart, Land, Dart (fullscreen zoning pattern)
- L.Dart, TK Airdart (again, fullscreen zoning pattern)
- L.Dart, Dashjump Airdart (approach with doubledart cover)
Really, it's mostly a buff to L.Dart

This is strong! Don't get me wrong. But:
- for Dart-Shadow-AirDart (or ADart-Shadow-Dart) it doesn't matter at all
- for Ground M/H.Dart-AirDart it doesn't matter at all, and
- for TK ADart-Dart it barely matters.
I fail to see how this would suddenly give her the ability to fill the entire screen with undodgeable Darts?

I'm also REALLY curious what is up with Japanese play that they think Fukua is impossible to approach against, while they don't recognize Peacock as a threat at all? The Koreans were the 1v1 people, so that shouldn't be it.. ?

I love both BGM's and little skits before changes. Please do either/both of those whenever possible, Mike. Also, sorta thought with her putting more power into them that the air ones weren't gonna bounce anymore cause she threw them so hard.

Also, need some fanart with Fukua wearing a "Daddy's Little Girl" t-shirt and Brain Drain wearing like a "Daughter's Evil Father" shirt or something.

It might be nice to get a bigger fireball if she is going to cast those at that speed, I'd feel bad if I were a Fukua player right now ^^" the animation it's nice though.

Very disheartened to see the ppk no pushblock go (damn random japanese person) i was having mucho fun with all the punishes i was getting.

Maybe there is a way to keep the ability to super with no pushblock coming out instead?

If not, oh well but it was one of the coolest pieces of tech seen in awhile and had a crazy good use. Just today i punished parasouls blocked level 3 with Beowulfs super... And normally at the timing that i did it at i would have gotten a pushblock, but with the ppk input i got out a perfectly timed fist to the face... It was VERY satisfying if i do say so myself.

Maybe a neg edge ppk can be done to not have pushblock? Makes it a bit more execution intensive and not completely free and seems a bit more intended.. Maybe even give a pbgc like glow when its being done?

Probably not, but one can dream.

On some different stuff i really like Beowulf so far and am seriously looking forward to seeing more of his moves become available.

Also, need some fanart with Fukua wearing a "Daddy's Little Girl" t-shirt and Brain Drain wearing like a "Daughter's Evil Father" shirt or something.

I thought Painwheel was Brain Drain's baby? Even in the fake-lore PW gets the harsh treatment... :(

Maybe a neg edge ppk can be done to not have pushblock?
No idea what you mean.. negative edge PP already doesn't pushblock.

Which is actually something you can do when blocking something long (eg Para Lv3);
Press LP, hold, press MP, hold, QCF-]PP[ and you get your reversal super.

Yeah i thought maybe it didnt, but i dont have my comp next to me and i knew some know it all would correct me if i was wrong or something.

I'm not against the idea of stronger fireballs will a slight cooldown of some sort, but the way its currently being implemented is kinda awkward. Its possible for the returning orb to miss you if you were moving around in the air, which could easily happen if you were dodging an assist or something else on the screen.

Reactions: Mr Peck and gllt
One thing I noticed when playing Eliza recently is that its possible to pushblock Osiris Spiral H Assist away from you in the middle of it so you avoid taking the full chip damage and reducing the time you spend locked down by quite a bit, which is something that you can't do against Cerecopter.

Not sure if this is intentional or not but it kind of bugs me.

Wait Fukua has 2 fireballs already? You took my advice or was this done before I posted it? I haven't played beta in about 5 days. Don't take it out yet, let me test!

EDIT: Mario in the original mario bros. had 2 fireballs on screen, Japan didn't complain then.

Wait Fukua has 2 fireballs already? You took my advice or was this done before I posted it? I haven't played beta in about 5 days. Don't take it out yet, let me test!

EDIT: Mario in the original mario bros. had 2 fireballs on screen, Japan didn't complain then.
That is gone now. and now fireballs have cooldown.

I would like all fukua players to play this one and get input. i'm not sure how long this change will stay so i guess i'll play a full days worth of it and give my input.

Well it is a gap in the attack which Cerecopter doesn't have.

One thing I just barely noticed is that Cerecopter as an assist only does 1523 when on point it does 2164. Obviously it's because of the scaling caused when an assist is the first hit of a combo but I guess I was always under the impression that multi hit assists did the scaling after their animation was at least done. I should pay attention more.

Oh and after messing with the beta some more I'm still not fond of Peacock's new airthrow. Seems rather inconsistent to combo off of it at varying heights, also taking into consideration the opponents size. Though comboing was already a problem before if you grabbed super low to the ground.

I thought Painwheel was Brain Drain's baby? Even in the fake-lore PW gets the harsh treatment... :(
She ran away to be with Lab 8. Big Band is a much better father figure anyway.

Well I just want to say that the new Fukua Fireball particle effects are really cool.
I will agree. Now I kinda hope, after the "conversation" in the patch notes, that whenever they bring the VAs back for extra dialogue like the new assist calls, they get Christine/Del to record some Fukua-specific dialogue.

I want to see how fukua new fireball looks it sucks being a ps user

The fireball cool down looks sexy as hell but most times it whiffs Fukua and she still can't toss a fireball until she absorbs it again. If the tracking was more aggressive (does that make sense) so that she can get a rhythm going, it should still be slower than without a cool down but will be a little more consistent.

Did I mention how sexy it looks?

Reactions: Cadenza
What about the homing ball getting bigger or faster for every 10f she is being avoided?

ok tried out beta fukua i can confirm that i hate the new fireball changes. i throw a fireball and sometimes it takes forever to come back and there is no way on earth that the damage buffs make for fair compensation. like this might be my least favorite beta change ever. this literally feels like 1 step forward and 5 steps back for me

Yeah, I can make the homing better/faster. I also think it looks cool!

@Negus Eyoel
It wasn't intended to be an undisputed step forward. :^P It punishes you for missing, and means you have to wait longer the further it goes. That's the point.

::throws his hands up in the air::
:: to the left and to the right::

Well, there's no way to satisfy everybody, so here's my thoughts:
*I* think Fukua is pretty bad, I still thought she sucked even before Evo. She is EASY, yes, and frustrating to fight if you aren't good at approaching on the ground...which is NOT the same thing as GOOD.
But Japan thinks she ruins the game, which I guess means I think Japanese players are wrong unless they can provide some kind of proof, because to me this sounds like the Japanese interpretation of MvC2 where Omega Red is tournament viable. (One good player does not make the character good.) Sorry I can't write that bit in Japanese.
And considering there weren't any Fukuas in the top 4 / 3 in top 8 / 7 in top 16, but all top 4 teams had Cerebella and there were 9 Doubles in top 16, and I still don't see MMDS beat people with her any more than with anyone else (sorry Dan love ya) I'm just gonna have to go with what I think and people who hate fireballs can eat it.

Last edited:
Perhaps a solution is playing/seeing the best jap fukuas play the game... They may be using her in a different way than we/everyone else is/are.

I heard inuchiyo was a fukua player now and that "may" have something to do with it? Afterall we never ever see his or his friends play, but we know he's strong enough to have made top 8 at evo so he must have so e good amount of experience at the game and therefor some decent players to play against.

I dont think fukua is "that" strong either, but i play painwheel who probably has a at least a decent matchup against fukua because of the ability to absorb or fly around fireballs and shadows.

Maybe those japanese players are all playing inuchiyo or maybe they are all playing characters that have really bad matchups against fukua.

Or maybe they are just scrubs.

Either way it seems to me that investigation would be needed to be conducted with these players providing replays of this overpowered play so "we" (meaning mike) could judge the gameplay for its own merits. As it is right now though its just... Hearsay from what i know, unless mike actually knows the strengths of these players or has seen said gameplay.

But all i really read from the japanese complaints were general dislike, not case studies of actual presentable info and analysis. It really looks like way to little to go on from what ive seen of it, anyways. The only thing ive found in my limited time playing against fukua ive noticed as being kinda dumb was she seems to get high damage for little reason... Well the retail anyways. And her m shadow seemed a bit to good... but not broken or something.

But meh what do i know.

I wonder how much JP opinions will change once the game is finally out over there in arcades.... The location test is next week, ain't it?

I definitely don't think she's anywhere near game breaking, but just pretty solid character. I am ALL for punishing mindless zoning with no thought behind it, but i don't think the damage/chip buffs are worth the risk. If you would like making the fireballs have a bit more heft to them, you could try giving them a bit more knockback on air hits or even....... give them more hitstun *cringe* (but please not on air lp fireball EVER again please please please)

/Yaboydekillsagelanguage\

Dead ass dead ass dead ass pre patch fukua made SG K U S O G E and fukua Eliza patch has me like SourPls while beta fukua hs me like omg fukua nooooo y and others are like omg yess rip bitch. pls dont nerf my chatacter
Fukua in the eliza patch is really good, but some of the beta changes can potentially kill her. A lot has been taken from her but its hard to nerf her more without actually killing her.
So level up maybe?