• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Sparties's Training Diary

Depends on your character. and how they try to use BE

Universal and recommended option: Get the hit on point character and snap in band to kill him.

Fukua:
Step 1: See beat extend
Step 2: block it
Step 3: Upforward + j.hk, Call assist then fireball

Filia: same as fukua except, you can updo > gregor or neutral jump j.hk.

Parasoul:
Block and pray you block the next mixup or pillar.

robo:
Pray you can block the next mixup

PW: prolly HG jab them and buffer c.mp

Big band:.......Beat extend? or H brass+ assist

List could go on. I generally just snap in band and utterly destroy him since he changes the way anyone usually fights from what i experienced.

if you're bella and you just blocked BE, can't you Battle butt+ bomber or w.e the fuck and make him hold that? if so then do it.

L shadow will get blown up. H drill will not save her, Neutral jump will get her snagged if she tried to instant j.hk
and lastly armor grab is react-able in that instance.

Its also difficult to know exactly what's causing you problems without footage of some sort but all of us will try our best to help.

i just have no way to really record it, tbh. if anyone's got some sort of super easy program for me to use that'll work on a mac that's >not< bandicam, i could give it a go.
usually he just uses beat extend and j.hk > fireball as fukua. i typically get screwed over when i try to battle butt.

I dunno friend, it seems more like you're asking how to fight dawn. I don't think any of the advice really changes when you're fighting him. I don't think his band is the strongest character on his team so if you can't punish him hard enough for calling assist snap in band do your best to get a hit on his point and snap in band.

I'm not sure what kind of advice you can really get besides "do the thing right" without footage or asking dawn himself.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
fighting dawn

i'll never know how to fight dawn, lol; i don't think he'd be too keen on informing me how to beat his team.

on a lighter note, i remembered my fortune corner combo that i made a few months ago and never used.

[headless 9.6k 3v3]
c.lk, s.mp, s.mk x2
LNL + headbutt
s.hk, [h] fiber
j.mk x2, [h] gato
delayed s.lp x2, s.mp, s.mk x2 > headbutt > c.lk, s.mp, s.mk x2, c.hk (1 hit), cat scratch, super

Beat extend assist.
I don't know which variant of beat extend you're dealing you're dealing with, whether it's L M or H would help. I discovered that a light beat extend assist whiffs at roughly 3 1/2 boxes on the training room floor. You can dash block in and cancel the dash at roughly around 4 boxes away; the opponent will likely call beat extend. When if whiffs -- and when there are no more active frames -- go after the point character. You do not want to be forced to block the beat extend if you can avoid it -- the amount of blockstun that it generates will cause your assault to stop dead in its tracks. Getting caught in the blockstun also forces you to play a wake up game, which sounds like what you are ultimately losing to. I urge you to check the whiff distance yourself just to be sure.

i just have no way to really record it, tbh. if anyone's got some sort of super easy program for me to use that'll work on a mac that's >not< bandicam, i could give it a go.
You could try OpenBroadcaster. I'm using an older version for Windows, but it's highly configurable and according to the website it should work on a Macintosh.

Edit: Whiff distance should be 2 1/2 and 3 boxes now that I'm actually in the training room and looking at the boxes themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparties
Snap, counter call or just punish the assist, if you can knock bigband down won't have the assist for a while and you'll have some more space. Also, one thing is that you have to remember that beat extend is a REALLY good assist, you're not gonna find an easy and simple way to deal with it and beat it everytime no matter what and you ARE going to have a tough time against an opponent that knows how to use it. Try to understand why you're losing to it, what led to that situation and how to avoid it in the future, the best thing about recorded sets is that you can go and see what you did wrong and WHY that was wrong. If you do get OBS (you should, it's great) record some not too long sets like ft7s and ft10s and analyse them, @Dolfinh has a great video on how to analyse your matches if you're interested (l'd link it but I'm on mobile...)

what is the verdict on painwheel v.s. big band, or painwheel v.s. beowulf?

i've learned over a few matches that if a beowulf continues to j.hp and is not using blitzer, i can just charge one of her normals and beat it out usually.
haven't played any against a BB, but i'm sure i'll encounter one sooner or later.

what is the verdict on painwheel v.s. big band, or painwheel v.s. beowulf?

i've learned over a few matches that if a beowulf continues to j.hp and is not using blitzer, i can just charge one of her normals and beat it out usually.
haven't played any against a BB, but i'm sure i'll encounter one sooner or later.
I think Painwheel beats Big Band. Painwheel's j.MP is a big problem; Big Band can't L Beat Extend against it because j.MP is too active and always hits the 2 vulnerable startup frames, he can't use other versions of Beat Extend because they whiff, and he can't A-Train because the multiple hits on j.MP breaks the armor. I think Double beats Big Band for basically the same reason, she has that same button.

No clue who wins between Painwheel and Beowulf, I don't play those characters. I think Sage and Sonic said it's even.

You armor Beowulf but then he doesn't have the chair and oh snap hitgrabs oh noooo

You armor Beowulf but then he doesn't have the chair and oh snap hitgrabs oh noooo

and then i will drink myself into a stupor as i watch my painwheel get destroyed yes

so i kinda combined the two painwheel combos in the videos on the last page and made a universal combo using LNL in the corner
it's actually stupid, but on a 3v3, it does 13.9k
3v2, it does 9.2k
and 3v1, which i know isn't really used in measuring damage or w/e, is 9.2k
wOWIE

trying out filia/bella/double again, yayayay
in other news, i saw a peacock tutorial with an "advanced" combo that ended in j.hp with no follow-up whatsoever
what is advanced
what is airdash
i'm 11

Reactions: Magma442
fooling around with bella/robo/double, made/modified a combo that i might have seen a thousand eons ago and just remembered it.

c.lk, c.mk, titan knuckle
assist call
titan knuckle, excellebella
otg, c.lk, c.mk, j.mp, j.hk restand
s.mp stagger, j.hp glide
delayed s.lp x2, c.mk, titan knuckle, cerecopter [or] excellebella > dynamo

it's not much, but it's a step up from my last team synergy combo.

team suggestions again? up to anything w/o beo.
here's your payment

Reactions: Sinclair
Beouwlf/big band.

Test yourself to see if you can achieve the level of true scrub.

No but seriously how about PW/Val/Bella.

No but seriously how about PW/Val/Bella.
ehhh, i don't feel comfortable w/ val as my secondary.

Try out PW/fortune/Double
what assist with fortune, h. fiber?

how's the squigly v.s. eliza match-up look for squigs? bad or good?

This probably sounds stupid but I think Squigly has the right standing jab for that matchup. Fuck your jHP girl lmao get ANTI AIRED
Squigly also has good range on both her throws and that's pretty important vs Eliza too, IMO
And you have good tools for comboing off otg (and therefore snap) and a hitgrab super (fuck the skeleton)

But there's way more to the matchup than any of this, yeah?

do my team!! Valentine and Robo fortune gets really interesting..u can do some crazy stuff with that H bypass assist and H beam.

You can actually reset during your lvl 3 with H beam..but you have to time it well. I'll see if I can do it today so i know if it's still a thing lmao.
Basically, a few frames before Val jumps into the air (During either Mortuary drop or LVL3 ) H beam will lock on to you and reset the combo counter. but u have to be very precise.

Also, S.HP with R.Fortune and Bypass assist gets interesting. :o
AND the headmines, H bypass basically throws your opponent towards you, and when it hits the mine you can do magnet.
(pls play my team i luv u..)

Robo fortune is so much fun

HEY SPARTIES PLAY SOLO BIG BAND :^)

I love you too, Sinclair. ;-;7

Also, ye, I might try to solo.

Reactions: Sinclair
Working with Pea/Bella/Double.

Quick video so I can remember this combo. Haven't tested it on everyone; it'll require tweaking against Double to properly get her in the air.

Annnnd another one with Bella/Eliza/Double.

Last edited:
"How's your Peacock/Bella/Double team going?"
22A81B67AA7E615FBFDB5ACB0E79758443D2BDEE
"It's okay."

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Working with Pea/Bella/Double.

Quick video so I can remember this combo. Haven't tested it on everyone; it'll require tweaking against Double to properly get her in the air.
I think it might be more damage to do item drop instead of L George in the first chain. Also this is 3 bars :^)