• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Squigly Discussion Thread

Sounds about right, though I was not to far off (but I was unaware of Big Bands inclusion during the act)
true she was resurrected when her mother became the skullgirl (leviathan prevented her from going full zombie ) however I can't find anything yet that says she fought any skullgirls before Marie
Ileum and Big Band took care of Selene and doesn't really say whether she and leviathan helped out and when Queen Renoir became the Skullgirl it was in a different area so Squigly wasn't resurrected cause she was too far away
What I've quoted, duh.

Taken from Squigly's official bio:

The battle between the Skullgirl and Lorenzo threatened to spread across New Meridian if not for Squigly and the intervention of the ASG, resulting Selene's defeat.

This shows that Selene did indeed fight the Medicis, and that Squigly fought against her, alongside BB, Ileum, and possibly others. Also, BB's victory quote against Squigly is "Rest easy, Sienna", showing that he is at least passingly familiar with her in some way.

Also, it was already established that Squigly did not resurrect during the rise of Nancy.

Reactions: Cellsai
  • Roberto, having survived somehow, sees his family turning into mindless zombies, and orders Leviathan to leave him and prevent Squigly from also being one
Perhaps Roberto didn't survive, like Squigly, he reawakened as undead like usual but Leviathan's powers prevented him from becoming mindless and so he was able to tell Leviathan to leave him and go to Squigly instead.

Well that's undeniable proof right there.
That site is never updated so I forgot that it existed.

The battle between the Skullgirl and Lorenzo threatened to spread across New Meridian if not for Squigly and the intervention of the ASG, resulting Selene's defeat.

Wow, I'd never seen that either. That's super interesting and totally makes BB's familiarity with her make sense now!

EDIT: Also, obviously people think I'm being an insane tyrant with banning Christmas in here. I'm not banning Christmas, I'm banning posts that are only about Christmas. This is not a thread for wishing people a Merry Christmas, it's a place for talking about Squigly.

If you want to wish people a Merry Christmas in your posts, that's fine, but the reason for your post should be discussing Squigly. If you want to wish people a Merry Christmas when that's done, that's fine, as long as you're promoting actual discussion.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Perhaps Roberto didn't survive, like Squigly, he reawakened as undead like usual but Leviathan's powers prevented him from becoming mindless and so he was able to tell Leviathan to leave him and go to Squigly instead.
That's a pretty good point. That could very well be the case, I just hadn't thought of that considering when Roberto was shown, he looked much more "intact" then all the zombies around him, but that could easily be from the effects of Leviathan's parasitism.

On an unrelated note, I wonder how Squigly and Parasoul's relationship would've been like hadn't there been that mix-up during Squigly's resurrection. I'd like to think they'd probably be good friends and close allies, considering they both have a strong innate sense of morality and duty, as well as sharing the pain of having a Skullgirl for a mom.

That's a pretty good point. That could very well be the case, I just hadn't thought of that considering when Roberto was shown, he looked much more "intact" then all the zombies around him, but that could easily be from the effects of Leviathan's parasitism.

On an unrelated note, I wonder how Squigly and Parasoul's relationship would've been like hadn't there been that mix-up during Squigly's resurrection. I'd like to think they'd probably be good friends and close allies, considering they both have a strong innate sense of morality and duty, as well as sharing the pain of having a Skullgirl for a mom.
I can definitely see that as a possibility. As Parasoul portrayed feeling sorry for Painwheels case in one of her victory qoutes, I have no doubt in my mind she would do the same for Squigly had she known about her tragic past (Though her "What a tragedy" qoute could counteract that statement, but it does not seem like she would say it in a condescending tone)

Merry Christmas, everyone!

ChristmasCutie.jpg

I wonder, do they have Christmas or an equivalent holiday in the Skullgirls universe? If so, how do you think Squigly and her family celebrated?

yes they have a most of the holidays we celebrate in skullgirls universe, just the meaning behind them is different (cause they have the trinity instead of catholic and stuff like that)
and ya happy holidays to you too

Reactions: Kai
Also, BB's victory quote against Squigly is "Rest easy, Sienna", showing that he is at least passingly familiar with her in some way.
Most likely it's because Big Band was the cop investigating the massacre of the Contiello family, since he's seen rounding up Black Dahlia's goons in the flashback at the beginning of his story mode, before he was a cyborg.

never really thought about it before but that could make sense(I mean they still had on the mask they had when they went to the birthday party, but then again that could just be their usual attire)

I say we get this guy...
To make a song for our great Squig Goddess.
Was never a big FNAF fan, but I gotta admit that is a pretty catchy song. And yeah, I would be all for some nice tunes to add to the Squigly hymn collection!

There really needs to be more Squigly fanvids in general (not just stuff like gameplay). Anyone know of any?

Reactions: JinKazama'94
There really needs to be more Squigly fanvids in general (not just stuff like gameplay). Anyone know of any?
From my super quick Youtube search, I couldn't find any. Why don't we make one?

Anyway, what do you guys think of Eliza's relationship with Squigly? It seems that they had a respect for each other until the whole Skullgirl thing went down.

Reactions: dapurplesharpie
From my super quick Youtube search, I couldn't find any. Why don't we make one?

Anyway, what do you guys think of Eliza's relationship with Squigly? It seems that they had a respect for each other until the whole Skullgirl thing went down.

Probably a competitive relationship? I can barely make up the differences between the two, but they both sing and have a lot of fans SG-Universe wise.
Just my two cents though.

My question regarding Squigly : Can she dance? because her normal ground attacks reference a few dance moves that I do not recognize yet.

squigly was an eliza fan unaware of who she truely was. Eliza was aware of her existence (probably because leviathan was part of her family and most likely would be past down to her he was for her father)

Well... I do remember finding this one
I'm not sure if it counts though.

Funny vid, thanks! I gotta say, that's a pretty "fitting" song for describing Squigly.

idol worship.png

source

As it was said before, the two were familiar with and were fans of each others' singing. Squigly was oblivious of Eliza's true identity, only to have Leviathan reveal it to her upon finally meeting her idol. I don't really think Eliza has strong feelings about Squigly either way, other than that shes's an unsuitable host for Leviathan, similar to her opinion of Filia.

My question regarding Squigly : Can she dance? because her normal ground attacks reference a few dance moves that I do not recognize yet.

happydance.gif

source

I think Squigly is a very talented dancer, going by both her in-game attacks and just her being of a high class background in general. She most likely did lots of ballroom dancing in life, but I also think she's familiar with other kinds of dancing styles too. Singing and dancing go hand in hand, after all!

Also, I saw this skullgirlsconfessions post today and I thought it seemed relevant. It'd be interesting to know how many people were brought over to liking Skullgirls just by Squigly's charm alone. But don't call her a zombie dammit :(

Attachments

• tumblr_nhd72yxhPe1tzl5q2o1_1280.png
    tumblr_nhd72yxhPe1tzl5q2o1_1280.png
    805.2 KB · Views: 3,302
I am making a Gmod series featuring my character. One of the scenes will feature our great Squig Goddess. Her scenes will be similar to how the cutscenes in Skullgirls play out. Here's a preview for the scene:
p6.png
and of course other skullgirls will appear
Throughout the this series, Squigly will appear to guide Twisted Skull through his adventures. I'll let you know when the first episode is uploaded (I'm still working on it).
Please let me know what you think so far.

Last edited:
I'm not all too familiar with Gmod, but it looks pretty good to me! I'd just recommend finding a more complete Squigly sprite to use. Also, "psychic" is misspelled.

Here's the first episode of my gmod series. IT CONTAINS SQUIGLY.
Don't worry, Squigs will appear in future episodes (so check my channel from time to time or you could subscribe... if that's ok with you).

Last edited:
Here's the first episode of my gmod series. IT CONTAINS SQUIGLY.
I wish I knew what was going on in that video. Squigly is relevant how? Then again it's gmod so it doesn't need to make sense.

Lab Zero should sell more Squigly-themed products. I'd buy out the whole stock!
I have a friend of a friend who makes plushies. She is in the process of making a Squigly one for me. I'll post her work on here when I receive it :)

Reactions: Crazyzooka
Oh, cool! Another initiation into the Squigly Plushie Club!

IMG_20150104_151055.jpg
This one belongs to @RPG
tumblr_my49nswyGZ1r2kgzuo1_1280.jpg

Please post it up as soon as you get it!

Reactions: Crazyzooka
Squigly has always intrigued me story-wise.

I thought it was an essential survival thing that Parasites must find a new host after they die. So how exactly does it work with Squigly and Leviathan? Does a zombie really count as a legitimate host? Going over this in me head, I can understand why Leviathan would have to "shut down" when Squigly dies, but is that really the case if Squigly is dead to begin with? I also know about Parasites taking a form like bacteria to cope surviving without a host, but I certainly don't see Leviathan doing that (unless he did that in the coffin for 14 years.)

Oh god, I'm overthinking this so much.

What if Leviathan is undead too? It's not too out there to think that Squigly's Mom's wish hit Leviathan too. There are plenty of languages with words that mean "friend who is like family".

I also know about Parasites taking a form like bacteria to cope surviving without a host
Side note, I think this gets misinterpreted often.

Alex said that in order to survive for prolonged periods of time without a host, some parasites can go into minimal, resting states "like a bacteria going into a cyst". It was just a comparison though, I don't think this means parasites turn into a bacteria or similar mono-cellular organism, but rather have an analogous dormant state of minimal energy usage. Hibernation might be another real life analogy to have in mind.

Last edited:
What if Leviathan is undead too? It's not too out there to think that Squigly's Mom's wish hit Leviathan too. There are plenty of languages with words that mean "friend who is like family".

Well as was pointed out previously, Leviathan's powers (and possibly all parasites' powers) are greater than those of the Skull Heart, since they've existed for longer than it has, so I don't think he would've been affected. Also, Leviathan most likely wasn't killed in the attack, so it would be improbable for him to need resurrecting to begin with.

Whatever the case, he's still a pretty cool dude, and my favorite of the parasites/living weapons

tumblr_n54tumvFxI1rz05lko1_1280.png

source

I think Leviathan might be undead. Depends on SG universe's parasites' biology.

Real life parasites need a living host to survive. If the host dies, it's game over for the parasite as well, their continued source of nutrition is irrevocably closed. Chances are SGverse parasites function similarly and the only reason Leviathan can keep functioning in a non-living host is because he's at this point non-living as well.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

View attachment 7502

I wonder, do they have Christmas or an equivalent holiday in the Skullgirls universe? If so, how do you think Squigly and her family celebrated?
I Imagine since Squigly's been, you know, dead, she would be pretty religious, since the Divine Trinity does exist, and her death may have led her to meet them. That is of course if you go to any equivalents of heaven or hell in the SG universe, or indeed if Squigly was considered dead at all, thanks to Leviathan. She DID describe dying again as "Going back to sleep." Also, she never mentions returning to her family upon death, so it can be assumed that she hasn't met them in the afterlife, and that she's kinda cool with that.
Maybe I'm just reading too deep into this...

What Voice pack would you want to have in the game the most?
1. Gothic Squigly, Nerdy Leviathan
2. British Squigly and Lev
3. Nerdy Squigly, Insane Lev
Divekick Squigly and Leviathan, Monster Mash, Leviathan-less Squigly (and vice-versa).
The list goes on and on.
Also, the others were decided based on the voice actor's suggestions, and much of it came from the Voices of Gaming Let's Plays with the voice actors playing through story mode. However, Squigly has yet to have one of those let's plays, due to the enigma that is Liam O' Brian, so we can't say for sure what they would want to do.