• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Predictions lean towards the next new-to-the-series character will be named "Zen" and be from India. And one spot left for a returning Street Fighter.

I will discord. We can have all 16 character and a boss who still unrevealed/leaked. Another point: we can get one or two boss characters who will be locked behind the "get cash and buy character" system. Capcom not need start the game with DLC; they can put some characters in the game need to be unlocked and can be unlocked with money if you want. A boss character can be a good start for this.

In other hand, you guys stated about the DLC characters can be announced before the game launches. I think this can happening easily: Capcom will not saying "this one DLC are ready but we not will put in the game now for you guys buy this later" but can reveal a DLC character as a "work in process, will not ready at the game launches".

For end, if the veteran one are not a Mexican, can be Sakura. Is strange Karin in the game without her rival (and R.Mika already gets her idol in the game). Other point is to see Sakura progress in the years; she is a genius fighter and can fight against word class fighters without a formal training... what she can do with some years with self-training?

(another point: we can get one boss character and one secret character - Akuma/Gouki???? - in the game and behind the cash system).

FUN: WE BRAZILIANS GETS THE POWER OF ELECTRICITY!!!!!!!! Eat this, Benjamin Franklin :PUN:

welp it's offical now. all of Gief's ex command grabs are hit grabs. neat. Also Copter Gief take up a chunk of V-Trigger's Time so it's possible to do two copters, Now if only I could find out if the copter can juggle airborn opponents.

But Mika was always in a thong....
They gave her the heart cleavage window.
nope

178136-street-fighter-alpha-3-playstation-screenshot-training-mode.png

latest

latest
Her outfit definitely shows a lot of her cheeks (Brazilian cut I believe) and certain angles can make it seem like a thong, but official art and her sprite show otherwise.
Only fan art and SFV Mika wear a thong

I can deal with heart cleavage, though. It's actually a really common design.

But we already know that there will be dlc characters...
Is this a joke I'm not getting? I said announcing DLC characters pre-release, as in "Hey guys, the game isn't out for 4 months but get hype for Akuma, Yun, Hakan and Dee Jay as DLC!"

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Unless you're losing because the game is busted in some way, losing doesn't suck, you lost because of you, and you take what you learn and keep building and become better, that is an inherent part of competitive games, or fighting games at the very least.
I understand what youre saying, though losing can suck. But losing being a negative and winning being positive, like you said, isnt all fighting games are. I enjoy every match I play, not just the ones I win. I like meeting stronger players because they teach you new things; I like weaker players because I can help them grow; and I like players on my level because we can have some down-to-the-wire matches. Ignoring sportmanship, the heart, and the community effort put into these games only gets you a fragment of what it's like to be in the fgc. Yeah, we play to win, but it doesnt mean we cant enjoy every step of the way in some form or another.
The difference in butt cleavage shown is so minimal that it might as well always be a thong.

Regardless, for joshi puroresu, her outfit is downright conservative
Dude it's pretty big difference imo. Then again, I live in a culture of butt connoisseurs so I can't expect a butt commoner to understand
[toots up nose]
Oh-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho!

Is this a joke I'm not getting? I said announcing DLC characters pre-release, as in "Hey guys, the game isn't out for 4 months but get hype for Akuma, Yun, Hakan and Dee Jay as DLC!"
What a strawman

Also, wasn't that exactly what nintendo did, more or less?

I could see them announcing dlc characters like a week before or after release. Latest a month. Capcom plans for at least their early post-release support months in advance. It's not like SFV specifically has the same dlc stigma. They can pull the 'well you can just grind for xx amount of hours instead and consider it unlockable free content!" card to downplay any regarded early character dlc announcements for 'not the complete game'.

What a strawman
What are you even talking about?

I could see them announcing dlc characters like a week before or after release. Latest a month.
That would make sense, just to be clear, as stated in the original post, I'm not saying this is something they'd ever do, I'm just confused as to what they are going to do between now and "spring" when there are only 2 characters left and a ton of events before the year is even out.

Technically they've got story mode and the time/weather effects to reveal as well, but that's not a whole lot to maintain hype over months for most people who actually play. Then again people who actually play are sold already as it's Street Fighter, but you understand my point.

Only thing I think has any real chance is something involving the third beta since they made it sound important back at Evo.

Only thing I think has any real chance is something involving the third beta since they made it sound important back at Evo.
Yeah it's probably the beta. I wonder how muc of the roster will be available. They' said there'd be different characters for the second beta, but they weren't clear about how they'd go about doing it. I hope they just add the characters and that the 3rd beta is essentially the full roster.

Bison now has teleport dash all the time.
welp it's offical now. all of Gief's ex command grabs are hit grabs
What?
They' said there'd be different characters for the second beta
I assumed they would either give the up to date roster or swap out for the next 6 characters. I would imagine it's the prior though, since it makes far more sense.

I'm kind of worried about the third beta being PS4 exclusive because they wouldn't even say what platform it was on despite the second being both. I mean, I have a PS4, but that would still suck.

Imo it would wouldnt make much sense to make the last one ps4 only. If they were going to do a console only test it should be the second one.

yeah @AdenPhoenix in the trailer we see Gief combo into his ex air command grab and his ex rushing command grab. and now in the Character Card Vine we see Gief do a double jab into EX Buster. so yeah, unless Gief has one more command grab added onto him he will be able to combo into his EX command grabs.

So, gief's v-trigger is basically seth's sucking thing?
it does have a vacuum effect yes, and a hit of armor, and projectile invul frames. mmmmmhhh seems like a nice move to use at the end of a ground combo

I do wonder: is crush counter state grabbable?
i don't think so. if it was we would have seen Ryu or Nash grabbing nerds from footage from the first beta. unless this has just been added.

i don't think so. if it was we would have seen Ryu or Nash grabbing nerds from footage from the first beta. unless this has just been added.
It actually is, If the enemy is in a crush counter state, you can grab him...

It seems that crush counters also builds v-gauge.

okay... but that still doesn't debunk Gief combo-ing into his EX buster from a s.lk

but that does explain somethings thanks.

okay... but that still doesn't debunk Gief combo-ing into his EX buster from a s.lk

Well that could just be tick throwing. It's a staple of grappled use. Does the combo counter go up when he lands the throw?

no the clip ends the second Gief grabs Bison. and if I were a betting man the hit would count as Gief finished the buster. We'll just have to wait to see more gameplay of the Iron Cyclone.

Imo it would wouldnt make much sense to make the last one ps4 only. If they were going to do a console only test it should be the second one.
I feel the same way, but if it's not then why would you not reveal the platform when you already said the second one is both? Sony is backing this, recall. I doubt it's the case, but it's just a weird statement in general.

@Ninja hit grab whenever I hear it is used to describe a grab that has to be an actual hit instead of being a full grab, that was my confusion. There are other grabs in SF that you can combo into though, like Hyper Bomb and Oro's EX super.

So, gief's v-trigger is basically seth's sucking thing?
His V-Skill seems to get infinite armor in V-Trigger.

Last edited:

There's no confirmation that the s.LK actually comboed into the throw though.

I feel the same way, but if it's not then why would you not reveal the platform when you already said the second one is both? Sony is backing this, recall. I doubt it's the case, but it's just a weird statement in general.
Insurance I suppose. If one version needs more testing I'm sure they'd prioritize it. They're keeping their option a bit more open.
It's a bit to announce a late PS4 only beta and maybe make it crossform than to announce a cross platform months in advance and need to do a specific test for ps4 (or pc)

has there been any update as to when the next beta will take place?

There was an announcement that they are taking applications in Japan for a 2nd wave of beta keys in early October. Based on that I'd guess late October or early November at the soonest.

no the clip ends the second Gief grabs Bison. and if I were a betting man the hit would count as Gief finished the buster. We'll just have to wait to see more gameplay of the Iron Cyclone.

Ok so I just saw somebody posting on Redit who has played this build and he said that Gief can combo into EX-Command Throws and his Super from any kind of hitstun, not just crush counters.

Sounds a bit similar to Vanilla SF4 Gief where he needed to spend meter to get any damaging combos. LP green hand was unsafe on hit so you couldn't really use that in a B&B.

Back