• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Sorry, my thread updates aren't caught up yet.

We down to the wire people

ElV1BFp.png

I want Sagat.

But Boxer is the most possible here.

And Zen, of course. =P

Place your bets! Place your bets right here!
20 bison dollars down.
Sim is likely since we don't have a zoner, Zen is supposedly Indian though so maybe not, then again Cammy and Birdie are English. Guile makes sense for story, we have Vega but no Balrog and Karin with no Sakura, so it's a tough call, gets even weirder if you assume those photos from Mexico are teasing a character.

Give me Sagat or Balrog if it has to be SFII, please.

Considering the recent photos Ono has been taking...

Urien and Zen. PLACIN ALL MY CHIPS ON THE LINE.

but how many chips do you have? and how much are they worth in Bison Dollars. Because that is what we are going to be using in dealing with this little side bet.

but how many chips do you have? and how much are they worth in Bison Dollars. Because that is what we are going to be using in dealing with this little side bet.

Bison dollars are for chumps

Bison dollars are for chumps
So you're putting up Macca?

So you're putting up Macca?

I'm puttin up a new currency called Third Strike Bucks. Bring on muh boys Alex and Urien

WPO46Ap.png

People..... if i'm not wrong... Urien is Egyptian...

I'm puttin up a new currency called Third Strike Bucks. Bring on muh boys Alex and Urien
That is a bet I would love to lose.

Urien is Egyptian...
Urien and Gill are solely defined as "Mediterranean", Urien especially has the Olympion god thing going on.

Those pictures are pretty reminiscent of his 3S stage though, which more people recognize. Who else is left for that to connect with assuming it's not just Necalli's stage? T.Hawk? There is no way we have another grappler. If you really wanted to stretch it I guess you could say Blanka.

L E T ' S B A L L S I M W I T H T H E D H A L S I M

No one likes T.Hawk anyway.

No one.

Wrong... I like him... even in the SSFII...

Maybe the Mexican is Necalli after all, opening the spot for a classic character. Blanka and Dhalsin maybe are swaped for the new character (if Zen is an Indian). Who can be?

With all these announecments at major events and capcom having a presentation (iirc) at NY Comicon, what do you all rate Alex's chances? I give him a 49% chance. I personally dont consider him a classic character we expect to see, but he is a classic character, people have been wanting him for a long time, and New York would be a great place to announce him. I dont think he'll be initial 16 but I give him a 95% chance of being DLC.

Additionally, I know they said we'd have 16 characters at launch, but did they ever specifically say that those 16 characters were all we got at launch? I know it was implied and I'm certainly not expecting more than 16, but I just dont remember them explicitly saying that's all we'd get. Not like it matters much, though. We know we're getting plenty of DLC :D
[holds on to the sliver of hope he has for Necro, Rose, Elena (slightly less due to Laura), and Q]

For things that aren't just guessing it seems the last veteran is Dhalsim and after were done with that they might announce Juri, Alex and Urien as day-1 DLC.

The closest list that got it right has 19 characters listed instead of 16. :P

I know they said we'd have 16 characters at launch, but did they ever specifically say that those 16 characters were all we got at launch? I know it was implied and I'm certainly not expecting more than 16, but I just dont remember them explicitly saying that's all we'd get. Not like it matters much, though. We know we're getting plenty of DLC :D
Yeah, I just brought this up. They directly said "SFV will launch with a a core roster of 16 playable characters". Interpret that how you want.
For things that aren't just guessing it seems the last veteran is Dhalsim and after were done with that they might announce Juri, Alex and Urien as day-1 DLC.

The closest list that got it right has 19 characters listed instead of 16. :P
I'm so tired of this getting repeated everywhere. The leak is fake.

It does not have Vega.
It does not have Necalli.
It has the wrong number of characters. 18 by its own count, 20 if we were to include the actual roster.
It has itself predicted absolutely nothing and actually been proven wrong by reveals, Necalli and Vega specifically.

It's just Ken Bogard's original leak (December 2014), all of which have either been confirmed or are blatantly obvious from what we do have.
Street Fighter V's existence ✓
PC/PS4 platform ✓
Unreal Engine 4 ✓
No version upgrades ✓
Spring 2016 launch window ✓
V-Trigger ✓
16 character roster ✓
Story Mode (They keep talking about story content and how it will be different this time)
Time and weather effects on stages (If you've seen the stage select screen this is obvious.)
Rashid ✓
Laura ✓
Zen (2/3? No way.)
Combined with internet rumor favorites, SFII mainstays and the most popular SFIV character. Ono has talked about Mika for years, he wanted her in IV, Karin was talked about in relation to TxSF as well as was Japan's most requested character, winning polls for their favorite Street Fighter character which Capcom cited at TGS when she was revealed, Urien one of the only characters considered iconic for SFIII who has not returned and then Alex, do I need to say it? The post above yours says enough. So that leaves Zangief and Sim, two iconic SFII characters who are the progenitors of their archetype and most of the SFIV crowd thinks were in every SF game.

Is Sim likely? Absolutely. Him being in doesn't change facts though, this leak is nonsense, there is not a character on that list who isn't a safe choice other than maybe Urien, who would make sense in returning with Alex. I could have written that list back in June for all it is worth.

That said, if Capcom is directly lying about the roster and this leak is in fact true I will gladly eat crow for Alex, Urien and Juri.

Last edited:
Reactions: BallotBoxer
Nobody and nothing ever considered Akuma for some reason
He is in the ~top5 most iconic SF characters (after Ryu,Ken,Chun) and in like every game (Even 3S!)

Dunno how likely he is at this point, but I wonder why none of the "leaks" had him present

and in like every game (Even 3S!)
But not in NG.
He's technically another shoto and the base roster is supposed to be diverse. Which is why we have 2 full grapplers and a pseudo grappler, yeah, I know.

And he's usually a secret or unlockable, etc. and we don't know how they're handling character releases, is there going to be DLC characters on or near launch day? Sure looks like it to me, but whose to say who they are or if they are in fact going to be there.

I would guess Balrog as the last vet, there is not many charge characters in the roster right now and they are usually more common. Dhalsim is possible but I'm not sure if the zoner archetype is needed considering the aggressive, speedy nature of this game.

8d19549d106ef4a36ac7ce780a2c1d53.png

He wouldn't go back on his word.

stealing pictures c'mon man

Ono is going with his hints anyway, even though Laura was leaked.

03_electricity01.jpg
Oh the sweet saltiness that would have happened when people would surely think it's Blanka.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Anyone else feels Laura kinda looks more like a tekken character?

Ono is going with his hints anyway, even though Laura was leaked.

03_electricity01.jpg
Oh the sweet saltiness that would have happened when people would surely think it's Blanka.
what if Luara is a red Herring and Blanka is actually also confirmed