• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

It would actually be cool to see how they implement vortex character like her and Akuma without actually having hard knockdowns. Ibuki didn't take a massive hit in USFIV with delayed wake-up, so I'm sure she'll be fine.
She was fine in 3S...

The second one seems to have a badge that says DJ? I think it is Guile in any case, the 3rd one has what looks like a hieroglyph (Urien?) and the 4th one has a kunai, pretty clearly Ibuki to me. 5th one has a zip, dunno what that means.

My picks are

1.Boxer
2.Guile
3.Urien
4.Ibuki
5.Juri
6.... Alex?

I have a lot of fun using Ibuki in 3s.

The fact that she is full of target combos, and her kicks, and her air-kunai move, she is so fun

Ono and Harada have both said people asking for him need to fuck off in respects to SFxT and TxSF. It would be cool to see him again, especially since I think he could be interesting outside 3S but I wouldn't recommend even thinking it was coming.
T..there's always hope...always trenchcoated...abominable hope...

image.jpg
Best reaction to Dhalsim so far

Don't worry, he says he likes the way he looks and plays at the end (And that for the first time he really wants to try out Dhalsim) but is still upset it was one of the lesser of the datamined characters.

Can't get oiled
game is now spoiled
We've known that forever though, unless your specifically talking about the DLC.

Here we see how to properly take a character from another game and make him look nice and fresh for a new game.
Range bar all the way up to the maximum. Nice. This is what I like to see.

Does anyone know if yogis can marry? Capcom is only bringing characters with a relationship with the old cast so far (necali-gill, Laura-Sean, and since no one could really be a rival/hate Dhalsin in the SF lore, only someone related, like a wife/daughter/disciple could enter) It'd be cool if in the next SF we got a cool, mystical indian lady...and Hakan's wife

wait, how is Necalli related to Gill?
Fabulous hair.

But yeah, the "all characters introduced are related somehow" angle is really stretching it. Every character in SF has a relationship to other characters in some fashion if you look for it.

Does anyone know if yogis can marry? Capcom is only bringing characters with a relationship with the old cast so far (necali-gill, Laura-Sean, and since no one could really be a rival/hate Dhalsin in the SF lore, only someone related, like a wife/daughter/disciple could enter) It'd be cool if in the next SF we got a cool, mystical indian lady...and Hakan's wife
Dhalsim definitely has a wife and son in canon. His kid and Guile's kid are even pen pals, going by SFIV's endings. However, I highly doubt that either of them are willing to fight like Dhalsim is.

I don't get the people saying Cammy is boring. This is the most fun I've ever had with her.

By which I mean this is the first time I've had fun with her.

I don't get the people saying Cammy is boring. This is the most fun I've ever had with her.

By which I mean this is the first time I've had fun with her.
They're saying that compared to other characters in SFV, not her past versions, she's bland.
Pretty much everyone else is either outright new or has new or requested features to spice them up.
Cammy has "Hey look my moves have more hits/damage and a mostly unchanged animation for them! Also my least used move is my v-skill!"

Now I personally like what I see of her, but I completely understand why she's considered boring.

She's a very plain and straightforward character but that doesn't mean she's borring to play. I had the most fun with her of any character during the beta.

What she's able to get off her V-trigger is just so satisfying. I would say that I wish she had the same kind of tool for dealing with fireballs that the other characters got (the fact that her V-skill doesn't go through them is a little surprising), but at the same time she's Cammy so it's not like she ever had to worry about fireballs that much in the first place.

What she's able to get off her V-trigger is just so satisfying. I would say that I wish she had the same kind of tool for dealing with fireballs that the other characters got (the fact that her V-skill doesn't go through them is a little surprising), but at the same time she's Cammy so it's not like she ever had to worry about fireballs that much in the first place.
Yeah, she deals with them fine. Ex spiral and her super go through projectiles; she has a high walk speed and a decent jump arc; and I think one of her spinning moves goes through projectiles, but I could be wrong.

I could have sworn it went through projectiles
I am pretty sure it did when they first showed her off, but that could have changed at any point.

I find it criminal that nobody has mentioned what an absolute beast of a character Bison is currently, being able to chain EX Specials out of specials during VTrigger WITHOUT NEEDING TO CHARGE THE MOVES is the most genius addition ever. Done a lot of testing with him and recorded some WebMs showing off the crazy shit you can do.

Did you know that Bison's VSkill doesn't just absorb fireballs?
https://my.mixtape.moe/inhqva.webm

Did you know that Bison's dash gets absurd invincibility frames during VTrigger activation?
https://my.mixtape.moe/vrgmrc.webm

Going back to USF4 Bison after this physically hurts me.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
he's the one with the hadouken right

I find it criminal that nobody has mentioned what an absolute beast of a character Bison is currently
I think people got tired of complaining about it since this has been a common statement since the first beta. And despite that he keeps getting buffed.

Did you know that Bison's VSkill doesn't just absorb fireballs?
Common knowledge from E3 onward.

he's the one with the hadouken right
....well he has a fireball.
I guess you get a quarter of a cookie.
From the smallest cookie in the jar.
One of the pieces from the bottom that's all crumbly.

Are they actively using the beta for balance?

I assumed they were still internally balancing and using the betas to refine the systems.

They've said multiple times they're taking feedback, and the first beta had a survey which did have some balance stuff if I remember right.

I imagine this game is going to be getting plenty of ongoing balancing done post launch, so I wouldn't even sit too tight on what we get when it actually ships.

I am pretty sure it did when they first showed her off, but that could have changed at any point.
Oh good, I'm glad to know I didn't imagine that.

EDIT: Oh hey good news, it totally does go through fireballs, but you have to time it just right. Compared to the other V-skills it's still pretty lacking and generally unsafe, so hopefully some attention is given to it in future builds

Last edited:
Hm, does this female announcer appear anywhere in the beta? Didn't hear her before...

Fan is also among the names.

Last edited: