• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

So, hold on a minute.
Is there Arcade Mode, and is there something to play on that front ?
Because if you're trying to sell me Killer Instinct that shits not gonna work on me.
I need something to do in Singleplayer to Sharpen my Claws before they get broken immediately in Online

So, hold on a minute.
Is there Arcade Mode, and is there something to play on that front ?
Because if you're trying to sell me Killer Instinct that shits not gonna work on me.
I need something to do in Singleplayer to Sharpen my Claws before they get broken immediately in Online
The article says the full cinematic story is the one coming out in april. There's still individual arcade character stories at the start.

Maybe they're holding story for relevant characters? Urien and Guile are pretty relevant so far.

Let's be honest though, it's a fighting game, you're going to get your money's worth on multiplayer alone, assuming they don't drastically fuck that up.

Isn't the cinematic story above and beyond compared to SFIV?

I barely touched anything single player in it, but I thought the SFIV story was only character stories. Is that correct?

Reactions: Shockdingo
Yeah, just arcade intros and endings for each character. And rival cutscenes

Reactions: Spencer
Honestly I'm more surprised by how not-broken the models are when you apply another character's animations to them. They sort of almost work!

Ok am I the only one getting Borderlands vibes from seeing that small version of Vega?

You okay Sean. You doin alright. You're lookin a little

Ginger.

CapAjSsVAAA_cOb.jpg:large

the all-consuming maw that replaced most of his face was definitely an odd choice, yeah

what a cute animu face sean has tbh

A mulberry is a tree, Sean is a man.

Reactions: Kongk4
I think the lighting is just supposed to be weird since Sean's face is the same color as Laura's left arm, but both of those aren't the same shade as Laura's head.

Everything about that picture is awful.
I've just noticed Laura's humongous right hand. I mean I know everyone has big hands in SF but this.

I can't understand the 'it must be weird lighting argument'. Like, not only does Sean clearly not have dark skin in that picture, but his hair is ginger, and its not in dreads. Also his black hole mouth has basically swallowed up his nose. God this art is awful. Thank god we're getting a legit story mode using the 3D models.

I can't understand the 'it must be weird lighting argument'. Like, not only does Sean clearly not have dark skin in that picture,
Sean's face is the same color as Laura's left arm, but neither of those aren't the same shade as Laura's head.

I will admit, this art is not that great, but I think Max in one of his videos says the artist is actually pretty good but this is not that artist's style.

Sure, but what does it really matter to me if some other guy thinks the artist is usually good, just not when making official in game art for SFV

And like, that's still a white Sean lol!!

considering I'm a fan of Keita Amemiya's art, I can tell you there are times when a good artist has ups and downs. (compare Amemiya's art in SMT to his Jetman art and it's radically different)

this art though seems to have a more mishmash of color now that I've taken a closer look at it.
42c6e244ab0baee3ad3726c1153f5cb5.jpg

Screen_Shot_2016-01-24_at_8.54.08_PM.png

sfv-story-mode-4.jpg

i'm not really a fan of this artists art in SFV. Something about it seems, very underwhelming.

It's a combination of deadline and him changing his style. Bengus has a very long history with street fighter. Look at the alpha 3 art and look at SF5's.

I also wouldn't worry about Sean being suddenly whitewashed. Bengus is making everyone rather pastel-pale-whatever in the art. Look at the Chun Li vs Vega pic, he's alabaster there, but not in game.

so uh
has no one talked ABOUT THE GODDAMN MUSIC YET ITS SO GOOD

Well, a bit of it is.

Vega,Ryu,Karin,Dhalsim,Birdy,Rashid,Nash and most of the stage themes are amazing.
Main Menu is polyrythmic gold.

Karin's theme makes me hard.

The main menu and character select themes are the best ever in any fightan.

Ken's theme is also god tier.

Reactions: Spencer
I'm filled with so much bliss...so much fighting in the street against dictator bliss. <3 Well done Ono, well done.

Nash's prank went too far.
"Holy crap, how long have I been in here?! Oh maaaan Guile and Chun Li are gonna be pissed! *gets out of coffin-box....WHAT THE HELL IS ON MY FACE,MOSS?!*"

Reactions: Fumako and Midiman
so just wondering if this was Lab Zero's doing but SFV to support ps3 sticks legacy stick support. I know lab zero has done this for SG and has freely gave this tech out to anyone else to use as long as their name was attached to it. If so, thanks lab zero!

The article says the full cinematic story is the one coming out in april. There's still individual arcade character stories at the start.
June, not April.