• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Canon Info Thread - What We Know

Chrono_Tata

When's Adam
Reaction score
Steam
Chrono_Tata
PSN
Chrono_Tata
Cerebella Painwheel Unknown
Would it be pertinent to add that Annie's story outright confirmed that Gehenna is Double?
The thread is intended for information confirmed outside the games so not for this thread no. I would remove entries that are (explicitly) confirmed or disconfirmed in the games though.

Corridor89

Reaction score
Double Painwheel
The thread is intended for information confirmed outside the games so not for this thread no. I would remove entries that are (explicitly) confirmed or disconfirmed in the games though.
Oh right, forgot.

Chrono_Tata

When's Adam
Reaction score
Steam
Chrono_Tata
PSN
Chrono_Tata
Okay this is something a bit interesting that one of the devs said on Discord. I think it's worth adding into the thread:

continuum.png

So adding this item to miscellaneous list:

- The SGM story is a variant world where the player has a participating role, like how 2E stories are what-if stories

Now, some change logs based on what were confirmed in Umbrella's story, so just gonna be removing items from the main list. Spoilers for her story obviously so read at your own risk:

Removed:
  • Around 10- to 11-year-old (Umbrella's age is confirmed in her story to be 11)
  • It is not known whether King Franz is still alive or not - either he's dead or he's gone and will come back later, "whichever is cooler" (Confirmed in Umbrella's story)

Not as many items as I thought but I guess we never had that many things confirmed about Umbrella in the first place.

Reactions: Holy Goose

Brawlitup99

Ya heard about Skullgirls lore?
Reaction score
Website
brawlitup99.carrd.co
Steam
Brawlitup99
- The SGM story is a variant world where the player has a participating role, like how 2E stories are what-if stories
1639771385481.png

It makes sense why they'd do this just so it's not required to read for the sake of canonicity but dangit I thought we were that much closer to getting a canon story.

...but they didn't outright SAY it wasn't canon, just that it was another branch in time. Maybe the events are canon, just not us being there? I don't know at this point LMAO; if SGM's story isn't canon that def makes some origin stories non-canon too (Valentine's and Parasoul's off the top of my head)

Anyway Umbrella's story mode is out!! Yeah I noticed there wasn't too much lore that was either new or previously teased--just stuff we already gathered from other sources.

Chrono_Tata

When's Adam
Reaction score
Steam
Chrono_Tata
PSN
Chrono_Tata
It makes sense why they'd do this just so it's not required to read for the sake of canonicity but dangit I thought we were that much closer to getting a canon story.

...but they didn't outright SAY it wasn't canon, just that it was another branch in time. Maybe the events are canon, just not us being there? I don't know at this point LMAO; if SGM's story isn't canon that def makes some origin stories non-canon too (Valentine's and Parasoul's off the top of my head)
I believe the SGM story he is referring to is the SGM "main" story i.e. where you are the Lab 0 experiment and join the Egrets, etc., which is why he referred to "the player having a participating role". No reason to believe the Origin Stories aren't canon at this point

I think we can treat the story similarly to 2E stories where there are probably hints of things that would/could happen canonically. For example, the SGM story spends a significant amount of time showing the Black Egrets going after the Medici. This isn't really shown in any other stories, but it does confirm that Parasoul views the Medici as criminals and are trying to bring them to proper justice using the Egrets, even if she's not actually doing it at the moment in the canon timeline.

I think the writers probably figured that treating SGM main story as another what-if is the best way to move forward. Looking on the bright side, I think that opens the opportunity to allow the SGM story to have the freedom for the player character to get in all sort of adventures without needing to worry about contradicting a canon timeline in the future. If they ever make more chapters for this story anyway lol.

Anyway Umbrella's story mode is out!! Yeah I noticed there wasn't too much lore that was either new or previously teased--just stuff we already gathered from other sources.
Yeah. I think I ended up changing the thread more based on Parasoul's Origin Story lol.

Brawlitup99

Ya heard about Skullgirls lore?
Reaction score
Website
brawlitup99.carrd.co
Steam
Brawlitup99
I believe the SGM story he is referring to is the SGM "main" story i.e. where you are the Lab 0 experiment and join the Egrets, etc., which is why he referred to "the player having a participating role". No reason to believe the Origin Stories aren't canon at this point

I think we can treat the story similarly to 2E stories where there are probably hints of things that would/could happen canonically. For example, the SGM story spends a significant amount of time showing the Black Egrets going after the Medici. This isn't really shown in any other stories, but it does confirm that Parasoul views the Medici as criminals and are trying to bring them to proper justice using the Egrets, even if she's not actually doing it at the moment in the canon timeline.

I think the writers probably figured that treating SGM main story as another what-if is the best way to move forward. Looking on the bright side, I think that opens the opportunity to allow the SGM story to have the freedom for the player character to get in all sort of adventures without needing to worry about contradicting a canon timeline in the future. If they ever make more chapters for this story anyway lol.
I was about to say "Valentine's and Parasoul's Origin Stories both reference events from the Mobile Main Story tho" until I realized they...don't actually. Like at all. So I guess Origin Stories are safe!

Yeah like I said, it makes sense why they'd do this since they don't have to limit themselves to Mobile's story when making more canon content and vice versa. I'm at least hoping they'll use the opportunity to make more Mobile story content tho--it's been years since the last Origin Story and the 2E stories can only do so much in the cutscene time that they have.

Chrono_Tata

When's Adam
Reaction score
Steam
Chrono_Tata
PSN
Chrono_Tata
Didn't want to make a new thread for this so putting it here:

I collected all the flavour texts for SGM Deployments and typed it up in a document. We did pick up information about Golgotha from this earlier so I thought it would be worth to collect them all in a searchable format for later reference. Some interesting stuff there but no idea how canon they are supposed to be:

Chrono_Tata

When's Adam
Reaction score
Steam
Chrono_Tata
PSN
Chrono_Tata
This is already known info but I'm just archiving this confirmation from Discord since the previous time this was confirmed, it was in an old stream mentioned in the old lost thread from 2013.

Reconfirming that Living Weapons may take different forms and do different things depending on the wielders:

livingweapons.png

Reactions: tso and Holy Goose

Holy Goose

Science Shark Supporter
Reaction score
Steam
eestifisher
Unknown Unknown Unknown
Reconfirming that Living Weapons may take different forms and do different things depending on the wielders:
Yeah, it would we weird otherwise.
Or the horrors that Samson was talking about in Umbrella's story mode were just Hungern drooling all over the planet and eating kilotons of ice-cream.
I would like to see a bit more lore regarding Living Weapons, but I guess we'll need to get the true story mode first. This information could be kind of spoiler-y.

Chrono_Tata

When's Adam
Reaction score
Steam
Chrono_Tata
PSN
Chrono_Tata
Yeah, it would we weird otherwise.
Or the horrors that Samson was talking about in Umbrella's story mode were just Hungern drooling all over the planet and eating kilotons of ice-cream.
I would like to see a bit more lore regarding Living Weapons, but I guess we'll need to get the true story mode first. This information could be kind of spoiler-y.
Yeah I think we will probably continue to get a slow drip of info regarding the nature of Living Weapons even as we get more non-canon stories (I actually think we got quite a bit of clues from Umbrella's story).

Actually I doubt it will be fully revealed even in Nightmare Legacy; I expect it could be up to part 2 or 3 until we find out the true nature of Living Weapons and their relationship to Parasites (if any).

Chrono_Tata

When's Adam
Reaction score
Steam
Chrono_Tata
PSN
Chrono_Tata

Heads up that Umbrella's official bio is out if anyone hasn't seen it.

• Love

Holy Goose

Science Shark Supporter
Reaction score
Steam
eestifisher
Unknown Unknown Unknown
Heads up that Umbrella's official bio is out if anyone hasn't seen it.
I liked the part about pro-wrestling. Poor, poor Beowulf.

Holy Goose

Science Shark Supporter
Reaction score
Steam
eestifisher
Unknown Unknown Unknown
I'm starting to think Umbrella knew perfectly well who he was but decided to just screw with him.
Her alternative voice pack sort of justifies that theory...

Reactions: Chrono_Tata

Chrono_Tata

When's Adam
Reaction score
Steam
Chrono_Tata
PSN
Chrono_Tata
Oh, before I forget, documenting the removal of this entry:

• There are no videogames in the Skullgirls universe Boardwalk stage confirms the existence of videogame cabinets

Chrono_Tata

When's Adam
Reaction score
Steam
Chrono_Tata
PSN
Chrono_Tata
Thanks to @Corridor89 for pointing this out here https://skullheart.com/threads/unta...as-story-and-onwards.11620/page-3#post-414945, I'm updating the below entry:

• Skullgirls Mobile social media account/in-game promotion confirms Sister Agatha's birthday is on 11th May, although since Agatha isn't a real person, it is not clear what this date actually refers to (The "birthday" of this persona? Just an "official birthday" on her legal papers?) - Based on subsequent social media posts in later years, her "birthday" actually appears to fall on International Mother's Day, which is the second Sunday of May, regardless of the actual numerical date. Her birthday art features students from her Sunday school, and the significance of it falling on Mother's day is probably self-explanatory

Chrono_Tata

When's Adam
Reaction score
Steam
Chrono_Tata
PSN
Chrono_Tata
Added a new entry for Umbrella based on what Cellsai said on Discord:
  • It is likely that the Renoirs had avoided using Hungern unless, like in Umbrella's case, it is absolutely necessary. Without Hungern siphoning off her life force, she may already have turned fully Skullgirl. Umbrella's physical development might have been affected as a side effect of Hungern's power drain
umbrella_short.png

The tone is speculative but I have confirmed with him that it should be okay to add to this thread. As with anything else collected here, it's canon until it's not. :p

Felt that this would be interesting to add since there has been speculation that Hungern has no ill effects on Umbrella since her Skullgirl blood power is so potent. However; looking at how small she is for an 11 year old, being with Hungern all the time can't be healthy for her

Holy Goose

Science Shark Supporter
Reaction score
Steam
eestifisher
Unknown Unknown Unknown
Without Hungern siphoning off her life force, she may already have turned fully Skullgirl.
Raises some questions about Painwheel's state.

Felt that this would be interesting to add since there has been speculation that Hungern has no ill effects on Umbrella since her Skullgirl blood power is so potent.
Isn't it his thing at all? He drains a lot of energy anyway, Umbrella is just the one, who can survive wielding Hungern.

Maybe someday we'll get a lot more information about the Living Weapons. There's a lot of questions right now.

Zazz

Mysterious.
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of the suggestion that umbrella's hair is supposed to red like parasoul's but its turning white with skullheart power, so it's pink.

Chrono_Tata

When's Adam
Reaction score
Steam
Chrono_Tata
PSN
Chrono_Tata
Isn't it his thing at all? He drains a lot of energy anyway, Umbrella is just the one, who can survive wielding Hungern.

Maybe someday we'll get a lot more information about the Living Weapons. There's a lot of questions right now.
Yeah, Hungern would absolute kill anyone else who wields it that long. Umbrella has so much energy that she can survive it, but it is not without cost to her as well.

And I think it also raises the question of the long-term viability of using Hungern to control her condition. Can she keep using it without it eventually causing an early death for her? Or maybe her SG blood will eventually get so powerful that even Hungern can't control it and she will turn anyway?

I've always been a fan of the suggestion that umbrella's hair is supposed to red like parasoul's but its turning white with skullheart power, so it's pink.
My own theory is that she was born with very pale red hair (i.e. pink) and red eyes, which neither of her parents had. They probably thought it was albinism and/or some form of sickness she was born with. It was probably not until Nancy turned into the Skullgirl that the others would realise why Umbrella was born the way she was.