• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

B_1IPnMUsAE0oq9.png:large

Also more news.....http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...racters-mortal-kombat-x-outed-amazon-listing/

Reactions: erkicman and Jutsei
wait so does this mean we can have Johnny Fatality Cassie? I dunno, would Ed go that far? It'd be funny if all of Johnny and Cassie's fatalities became "FAMILY BONDING" finishers instead XD

wait so does this mean we can have Johnny Fatality Cassie? I dunno, would Ed go that far? It'd be funny if all of Johnny and Cassie's fatalities became "FAMILY BONDING" finishers instead XD

I don't really see why people think there will be problems with that.

I say Cage doing fatalities on Sonya, Liu Kang or almost ANYONE in MK9 was already unfitting for the character enough.

Game of Thrones has tons of instances of parents killing their children, children killing their parents, siblings killing each other, etc... it could happen.

Mortal Kombat itself already has Kitana and Sindel performing fatalities on each other.

Let's not forget that Liu Kang could kill Kitana, Kitana could kill Jade and so on.

jesus christ that johnny fatality
you beautiful shitlords

When I saw that fatality I laughed so loudly my co-workers had to check to see if I was okay.

Johnny Cage has never been lame, wtf

imagine how cool stryker would be if they added him in
he might actually be like
a character now
maybe even a good one

"Here's johnny!"
OMG, badass johnny is amazing :D

imagine how cool stryker would be if they added him in
he might actually be like
a character now
maybe even a good one
Stryker had his redemption twice over now
First in Armageddon, then MK 9.

Reading the mobile notes, love the Johnny Cage variations.
I had a feeling Injustice Scorpion would be a skin, just didn't expect it to be a Mobile Skin.

Also, that post mentions Stage Brutalities...
Hope Stage Fatalities are still there too!

Also, that post mentions Stage Brutalities...
Hope Stage Fatalities are still there too!
I think we can still assume stage fatalities are a thing. Given that the stage are more interactible than before, we shuld assume that stage brutalities use these interactive elements (like throwing ppl/corpses at opponents) for finishers, while the fatalities are stage specific finisher NOT being based on interactibles of the stage

Died at Johnny's Fatality. As for 0:26 I think that is one of the "generic Oni demons" mentioned in the link. Wouldn't be surprised if they appeared in both versions.

Looking at the guy at 0:26 again, and noticing the look of his arms... Call me krazy with a k, but I think he might be Jax...

Sonya really doesn't look like a 20-years-later mother of an adult women. She could be Cassie's sister for all I know.

That said, I'll be a critic for a moment here and say that while the plot idea of 20-years-later is indeed fun, it kinda loses its point if just about all chars who survived MK9's events (and some who didn't) are still alive. In excellent condition, too. Might as make it 20-minutes-later.

At 0:26... IS THAT BARAKA?!
He's suppose to be "evil" Jax from what I seen around the net.

Reactions: erkicman
Johnny's fatality reminds me of Shao Kahn's from MK9.

so, not only is tomorrow stream day for story mode...
But...
SOMETHING big is gonna happen
Evil Liu Kang?
How are ppl coming to this conclusion?

-Zombie Lui Kang! Master of the forces of evil! Bow before him! MWEEHEEHEEHEEHEE

I know that. I just didn't see how a pic of the logo insinuated Liu Kang.

Maybe because Liu Kang got super mad at Blundergod for once again fucking up? Maybe his grudge against him made him "Super Evil Liu Kang, oh nooo!"? I dunno.

Maybe because Liu Kang got super mad at Blundergod for once again fucking up? Maybe his grudge against him made him "Super Evil Liu Kang, oh nooo!"? I dunno.
Liu Kang could be both pissed at Raiden, despite Raiden not doing anything wrong for the most part and being spot on. Liu Kang whined a ton in MK9. They already had Zombie Liu Kang in the past, why not again?

I dunno, I just find Raiden to be one of the worst gods out there. Fucker zapped Fujin a page into his portion of the comic, Blundergod is messing up everywhere.

Seems that Sonya is also going full Blundergod in the comics

maybe it'll be Evil Zombie Liu Kang
Evil Zombie Liu Kang, warlord of all things mediocre and possessor of all things martial arts! BOW YE DOGOODERS AND LIGHTING THROWERS! FOR THERE SHALT BE NO MERCY!

Or it could just be revived Liu Kang of some sort.

They've also been pushing Evil Liu Kang recently.
He turned evil in Shang Tsung's ending in MK 9, he turned evil in the live action series...
And to be honest could you blame him for spiraling out of control for getting such a raw deal at the end of MK 9's story mode?