• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

no you don't understand
i'm bound by honor to complete every mode as every character on every difficulty
my completionist genes forbid me from doing otherwise
so I'm salted that i'll need to do so with Furry Goku over there

Reactions: DDB and Φ
randoms though
no fun in the same old same old but he's not the new new that I want

I think some time in November or October.

Goddamn.

Does this mean Link is a Titan

I burst out laughing with Snake looking out of the box.

Anyway, 125th Anniversary? Sounds a perfect time to blow our minds.

tumblr_n0a139zOCY1trr9oeo1_500.jpg

I seriously do want Master Hanafuda to be the WTF character of Smash Bros 4.
After ROB it just seems like the next logical procession.

You telling me WFT wasn't WTF enough for you?

give me hawlucha and a second hawlucha with Heel colors
and also AMERICA hawlucha

give me hawlucha and a second hawlucha with Heel colors
and also AMERICA hawlucha
They already did that for Pokemon though...
braviary_used_patriotism_by_brokenteapot-d41m9f1.png

Reactions: Jutsei
What if there was a "Design your own character", and you could make each character look like Alfonzo?

I decided to look up "Smash Bros 4 Less characters" on Google since some people seriously think there'll be less characters than Brawl.
in like July 2012, Sakurai said "Don't expect more characters for Smash". This was a year and a half ago, things can definitely change in the time between then and now, or he could've been fucking with people.
And given that we have 22 characters in Smash Bros 4 so far (and SSBB had 23 revealed before the games launched), it's probably safe to say we'll get more than Brawl.

What if there was a "Design your own character", and you could make each character look like Alfonzo?

Alfonzo Miis incoming.

Reactions: Lavama
Phew, there is quite a lot of hate and complaints going towards Lucario right now. The one I never got though is how people think he's a clone of Mewtwo. He has like one move that's similar.

Mewtwo was a clone from the beginning ;D

Reactions: Lavama and Jutsei
i would probably hate him less if he were a mewtwo clone

i liked playing mewtwo at least

So... Mewthree? Or would that be Mewtwoandonehalf because of the clone of a clone thing?

New Miiverse post shows the difference between default and high-damaged Aura Sphere. There's a visual change, plus the high-damaged shot seems bigger compared to Brawl.

Oh I figured Sakurai just didn't change the picture.

To continue letting the disappointment sink in.

DJWy5Tw.jpg

Wow that's big. Looks even bigger than Project M's special Aura Sphere. That's a def buff.

For comparison, the biggest Brawl one was Lucario sized. This one is almost double his size.

228px-Lucar-07.png

Holy Aura! That IS bigger than the Project: M Super Art Aura Sphere (assuming the white outside part of the SSB4 version counts as part of the hitbox, which it probably does). The animation of charging that version of the Aura Sphere is gonna look sweet! :)

I still really don't care for the Aura system of being rewarded for taking damage, but eh, it's mostly a nitpick.

well if it actually makes a difference this time, then it's a welcome change

anything to make this blue sod stand out more is fine by me

his extremespeed doesn't go faster than everyone else and doesn't do damage
force palm doesn't paralyze
Double Team is not a counter attack nor can I spam it to make myself nigh-impossible to hit

terrible representation when's hawlucha

his extremespeed doesn't go faster than everyone else and doesn't do damage
force palm doesn't paralyze
Double Team is not a counter attack nor can I spam it to make myself nigh-impossible to hit

terrible representation when's hawlucha
I think sakurai has the answer to your problems.
I'm proud to introduce the new pokemon rep:
250px-707Klefki.png

Klefki unlocks the battlefield!
Klefki comes with a unique idea: all of his non-damaging moves have 0 startup frames! This is to assure that his playstyle is as game accurate as possible.
To make her typing-accurate, we've of course halved all damage from normal moves, and all moves that looked like anything but ground or fire are halved or quartered in damage.
Her moveset:
B: Swagger- Klefki sends a cloud of dust at the opponent that deals no damage, but makes it so that each time they try to attack they have a 50/50 chance to hit themselves! Of course this gives them a damage buff too- we want to stay balanced here!
Up B: Thunder Wave- Klefki sends shockwaves around the screen that deal no damage, but give you a 50/50 chance of being stunned whenever you try to do literally anything!
Side B: Foul Play- Instead of waiting for you to attack yourself with swagger, klefki just decides to force you to punch yourself!
Down B: Substitute- Now, I know everyone was thinking in this list "But klefki is vulnerable if their opponent manages to, despite all odds, hit her!" Think again, though- klefki can take 25% damage to bring out this substitute that goes away after it takes 26% damage! Of course, he doesn't receive any knockback, because you shouldn't be killed when you have your substitute out!

There you have it! I believe this is the perfect solution- a well balanced and honorable pokemon!