• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I just hope Lucario is voiced by Sean Schemmel this time. He was Lucario in the movie, but in Brawl we just got an impersonator.

That, or he isn't voiced at all and we just get him going "LUCA-LUCARIO, RIO" like in the games. The only Lucario that speaks is Movie!Lucario.

A stage idea I had was basically the 3DS eshop.
Or the Miiverse.
Or Swapnote.
Something related to online.

Also for character intros, I kind of want Bowser's to change to him hopping out of the Koopa Klown Kar

Seems more akin to Bowser Jr, Bowser himself hasn't rode in that thing in ages.

LUCA

Next trophy confirmed:

Luka_wire.png

I know its spelled with a "k" big woop wanna fight about it

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
Can bowser's intro please be the Pimp Wagon from 3d world
This. It is the only logical thing. Literally, it's more obvious than Mario coming out of a pipe or Villager pulling himself out of his pocket.

That image is so fucking good.
It's not that big, it fits pretty nicely, all things considered.
And even then, Ridley just looks big mostly because of his wings.
Fold those up when he's not using them and bam.

now he just needs a voice
Steve Blum 4 ridley 2k14

But the arms and legs they'RE SO MISPROPORTIONED IT LOOKS GROSS AND WEIRD AND NOT SOMETHING A BIOLOGICAL CREATION SHOULD BE.
Blech.

Reactions: Rellek
That is true.
Let's just cut out the outliers of Metroid 1 and Other M and pick a design from there, yeah?

how about neo ridley and his hilariously tiny wings
that way they won't add to making him look too big

though neo ridley is actually big to the point he'll lag your GBA
so i guess he's too big for his own game, let alone smash bros

I just want to mention: I actually completely forgot what the Other M design for Ridley looked like, so when I saw that Ridley design there, right before reading the text above it, I was not associating it with Other M.

I honestly think that that Ridley design looks horrendous.

Reactions: TheMightyBox
Y'know, I hear people make a stink about the possibility of Other M Ridley, but that'll be nothing compared to when they eventually reveal Zero Suit Samus
dYyBZ.jpg

Reactions: Goodbye18000
Y'know, I hear people make a stink about the possibility of Other M Ridley, but that'll be nothing compared to when they eventually reveal Zero Suit Samus
dYyBZ.jpg
The funny thing about adding the heels to the ZSS design is that the production/concept designs explicitly said the heels were impractical.

The heels will probably be not noticeable enough to irritate me fully.
That and they're not stilettos, so it could be worse.

6IFtB.png
Bowser, there's something stuck up your nose... you look ridiculous... come on man you can't go take a picture like that.

dYyBZ.jpg
I think the funniest part about all of this would be the fact that princess zelda doesn't have her skyward sword design... so if the fans want the new design they use the old one, if the fans hate the new design they use it anyway.
I think Sakurai's caught on to the fact that we'll buy the game no matter what he does, so he's testing the boundary at which he must stop fucking up.

I think the funniest part about all of this would be the fact that princess zelda doesn't have her skyward sword design... so if the fans want the new design they use the old one, if the fans hate the new design they use it anyway.
I think Sakurai's caught on to the fact that we'll buy the game no matter what he does, so he's testing the boundary at which he must stop fucking up.
But SS Zelda is LITERALLY completely useless. She canonically has no magical power whatsoever for the entire game.

But SS Zelda is LITERALLY completely useless. She canonically has no magical power whatsoever for the entire game.
Doesn't she have those crazy Goddess powers later though?

Speaking of SS, Impa did a lot in that game, didn't she?

I'm getting that feeling too. He can't possibly not know that no one liked Other M. Yet apparently he'll use the aesthetics from it regardless of any old wounds he might reopen. And it bugs me that he went with Link and Zelda's TP appearances despite the Skyloft stage and using Samus's updated look. Not a whole lot though. I get the feeling SS Zelda will be a costume.

Doesn't she have those crazy Goddess powers later though?

Speaking of SS, Impa did a lot in that game, didn't she?
Actually yes... But she reeeeally doesn't do much with them. Light Arrows, big whoop.

I'm getting that feeling too. He can't possibly not know that no one liked Other M. Yet apparently he'll use the aesthetics from it regardless of any old wounds he might reopen. And it bugs me that he went with Link and Zelda's TP appearances despite the Skyloft stage and using Samus's updated look. Not a whole lot though. I get the feeling SS Zelda will be a costume.
While the GAME Other M was pretty bad, the design of Samus wasn't really that bad at all. I liked that design personally and I'm glad she's being updated to it.

As for the reason why Link isn't updated might be because Zelda isn't updated. Zelda's SS design might not have been his favourite and even though Link looks so fucking good in SS (In my opinion at least, it's simplicity just made me love it) it would break that theme they have going. So I feel Ganon will get the same treatment. That may also be why actually... Because Ganon didn't even exist in SS....

I still really want Shiek to get snipped for Impa.
If we want it, it's likely not happening. That's just how they roll man.

Yeah, but they could've used WW Ganon. :(
SS Link, WW Ganon, TP Zelda, 4S Toon Link, OoT Shiek, ST Tetra, PH Zelda

Make it happen Sakurai. pls sakurai

pls

Pls Sakurai, just make NES Ganon a reality

Don't even update him, rip his sprites out and make him a character

pls

SS Zelda is just more attractive IMO. OoT Zelda isn't, and TP Zelda has a penis.
SS Zelda is very pretty, I agree, and I'd love to see that design in there, but something tells me it might be a liiiiiittle bit farfetchd at this point. Bummer right?

crouch time is important
TP ganon gives me crouch time
TP ganon is important

You never know.

Also it turns out Lucario was revealed on the anniversary of Brawl's release date in Japan.
So yeah.
Anniversaries definitely count now.
I just didn't expect them to reveal a Pokemon.
On Brawl's anniversary.

You never know.

Also it turns out Lucario was revealed on the anniversary of Brawl's release date in Japan.
So yeah.
Anniversaries definitely count now.
I just didn't expect them to reveal a Pokemon.
On Brawl's anniversary.

Reminder that it was a Brawl debut character and not JUST a pokemon. Japanese sell their firstborn's just for the prospect of touching a real life lucario

While the GAME Other M was pretty bad, the design of Samus wasn't really that bad at all. I liked that design personally and I'm glad she's being updated to it.

As for the reason why Link isn't updated might be because Zelda isn't updated. Zelda's SS design might not have been his favourite and even though Link looks so fucking good in SS (In my opinion at least, it's simplicity just made me love it) it would break that theme they have going. So I feel Ganon will get the same treatment. That may also be why actually... Because Ganon didn't even exist in SS....
The armor design isn't terrible.
Ridley is terrible.
The zero suit is very literally vomit.

Also Twilight Princess link combined with the brighter artstyle of SSB4 has such negligible differences from Skyward Sword link that there's no real point in distinguishing them.

Well the bracers are one thing and the chain mail is another. That and the bow is the TP design and the hat has the TP stitching I believe. And the pants aren't as poofy (which bugs me the most :P)

Reminder that it was a Brawl debut character and not JUST a pokemon. Japanese sell their firstborn's just for the prospect of touching a real life lucario
Still, it's not the first one I'd expect from Brawl.
Any upcoming Game release Anniversaries, then?